Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jerseys of Old

Go down 
+10
Fear An Geata
Sam1928
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Ohtoohtobe
Big Full Back
kickingking
rgb
PITJ
TommyKeegan
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:19 pm

Lads, after all the bickering, something a little more enjoyable especially if you are a nerd like myself. Buddy of mine has been putting together this site for a long time and all the jerseys are hand drawn with MS Paint or something. Well worth a look and I'd say he'd welcome anything he missed out on. If you go down to index you'll find every county there...

http://www.prideinthejersey.com/
Back to top Go down
PITJ
Junior C
Junior C

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:02 am

Cheers Tommy, we'll pay you later!

To the other Kildare heads, any evidence of older green jerseys being worn prior to '06?
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:58 am

All Ireland minor final (or semi-final) of 1973 or 1974 v Tyrone...they wore green that day for sure.

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 am

Am I right in saying Kildare wore green in 2004 away to Waterford, think was in Walsh Park before a Galway-Waterford league game. That's only occasion pre-2006 I can rememeber any away strip. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:25 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Am I right in saying Kildare wore green in 2004 away to Waterford, think was in Walsh Park before a Galway-Waterford league game. That's only occasion pre-2006 I can rememeber any away strip. Anyone else?

Correct. It was the same design as the goalkeeper jersey below except in green (obviously!)

Jerseys of Old 170411

We wore a plain green jersey once for a league knockout match (or possibly the centenary cup?) in Croke Park at some stage during the eighties. I can't recall if it was Monaghan or Tyrone we were against but I remember the team photo and the likes of Tompkins, John Crofton and Luke Dempsey were playing.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:28 am

God bless your memory, better man than me!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:32 am

Enda Murphy could wouldn't have looked out of place in The Godfather with that do, on a side note!
Back to top Go down

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 am

Excellent stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:17 am

kickingking wrote:
We wore a plain green jersey once for a league knockout match (or possibly the centenary cup?) in Croke Park at some stage during the eighties. I can't recall if it was Monaghan or Tyrone we were against but I remember the team photo and the likes of Tompkins, John Crofton and Luke Dempsey were playing.

KK it was Monaghan that day. From memory it was a cold miserable day in Croke Park. We wore green and Monaghan wore blue. Got a bit of a hiding aswell. It was the first time I'd every seen Kildare in green.

Monaghan 4-6 - Kildare 0-2

Date:
Mon, 4th Mar 85

Venue:
croke park

J Donoghue
J Crofton
P O'Donoghue
B Sex
P Flynn
D BerginP
L Dempsey
J O'Rourke
S Fahy
T Travers
L Tompkins (0-1)
C Moran (0-1)
P McLoughlin
G Power
D Dalton
B O'Donoghue Dalton;36
M Fogarty Travers;42
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Serious full-back line, how did they ever concede four goals?
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Serious full-back line, how did they ever concede four goals?

It was a miserable day and from memory, some Kildare people went for a cuppa but got caught with the queue. When they arrived up after about 10 mins we were 3 goals down. Never saw the like of it.... One of those games to forget.... But for sure it was a serious full back line.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 am

Bill Sex, what a name!

He must have had a terrible time in school.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:56 am

Bring back these jerseys:
[img]Jerseys of Old Pictur16[/img][img]Jerseys of Old Pictur17[/img]
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:02 am

I remember the black lining around the armpits caused its fair share of controversy at the time...
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:49 am

Mikasa gloves on SOS. The yellow ones with the sticky black dots. They were the best gloves ever for football.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:51 am

Sam1928 wrote:
Mikasa gloves on SOS. The yellow ones with the sticky black dots. They were the best gloves ever for football.

No. You couldn't beat the Donnelly Mirrors gloves.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:52 am

Have one of them myself...........heavy as a duvet when it got wet........wore it with pride and keep it in a safe place from the young lad who is always wanting to wear it to training to annoy me..... Mad lol!
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:51 am

Fear An Geata wrote:
Sam1928 wrote:

No. You couldn't beat the Donnelly Mirrors gloves.

Oh yes the most sought after gloves in Kildare. You'd always know the club who had a few lads working there. First lot had red bands and then the moved to yellow bands. Think there was a pic. of Nuxer catching a ball with a pair on....
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:59 am

Are the mikasa gloves still on the go?
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 am

bricktamland wrote:
Are the mikasa gloves still on the go?

Yeah I think they are, Ive hapes of old pairs of them.
Back to top Go down
PITJ
Junior C
Junior C

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 am

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 am

http://www.prideinthejersey.com/kildare.html
Pitman moore one added! Jaysus I feckin Love that one, my life would simply be complete if I ever managed to get one of those ones!
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:25 am

Speaking of jerseys of old , friend of mine came across this! Can anyone shed any light on this jersey and sponsor??
[Jerseys of Old 034946
Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:21 pm

lilywhites on tour wrote:
Speaking of jerseys of old , friend of mine came across this! Can anyone shed any light on this jersey and sponsor??
[Jerseys of Old 034946

The logo is Nilzan. one of the products made by Pitman Moore. Very useful for dealing with stomach worms in cattle and sheep
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:01 am

Ahh thanks Sons of Sarsfields.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jerseys of Old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jerseys of Old   Jerseys of Old Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jerseys of Old
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next