Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tickets for All Ireland

Go down 
+6
losthope
bag of white
walsheman
steviegenius
Taibi
kelf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Tickets for All Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:30 am

I would love to go on Sunday but dont have a ticket, not even a sniff.

Any spare one out there?
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:52 am

Are you a member of a club?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 pm

No & its a long saga, having first joined a club at age 10 in 1958
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:25 pm

I say Kelf head up there try the pubs there is always 1 or 2 going around.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Being doing that for 40 years !!!!!

Have only attended 70+, between Hurling & Football, starting in 1958 !!!!!! U could pay at the gate back then !!!!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:26 am

kelf wrote:
I would love to go on Sunday but dont have a ticket, not even a sniff.

Any spare one out there?
ive one

400e
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 am

They're hard to come by this year especially. I know some dyed in the wool Mayo supporters who have been at all the games for years that can't get them.

Being a member of a club in Kildare wouldn't be much help, clubs in non-competing counties only get a handful of tickets anyway.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 am

4 is the number
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:58 am

Every club gets 4 tickets bag of white. Flash the cash and I'm sure a few people would part with them.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 am

Might go up and look for one though I would say that it could be fairly rough up there. Every sort of bogger will be there I doubt if Pat Spillane will go for a walk around the famous ground to sample the atmosphere Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:16 am

ManBearPig

Never have and never will pay over the odds.

Once saw a Meath man trying to get €500 for a pair on a day Meath were playing, it was dreadfull.

Got one from a decent Dub that day !!!!!

Like TomC I'll probably head in and try my luck if nothing turns up before that.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Would ye not leave the tickets to the two counties involved lads? Too many neutral hangers on at All Ireland finals in my opinion. How would you feel if Kildare were in it and you couldn't get a ticket?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:04 pm

SamMaguire wrote:
Would ye not leave the tickets to the two counties involved lads? Too many neutral hangers on at All Ireland finals in my opinion. How would you feel if Kildare were in it and you couldn't get a ticket?

Agrees / There should be no neutrals in Croke Park All Ireland Final day.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:12 pm

sure thats sport, the blue ribboned event in any sport will attract its degree of corporate sponsors and officials from the various organisations.

Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:04 am

Sam & Flourman

Dont agree.

Donegal & Mayo each have around 10,000 actual Supporters and they get more than enough tickets for them. Both got at least 15,000.

They will also have loads of bandwagoners for Finals and I see no reason why real supporters, who work the whole year in their clubs/counties, from the rest of the country should have to stay away to facilitate the one-off bandwagoners.

So 4 Tickets per club in the rest of the country is not at all unfair and of course many of them will go to Mayo & Donegal people in the clubs here in Kildare and elesewhere.
The big problem is where you have a hundred or more Mayo & Donegal people in a Kildare club with its 4 tickets, like Confey, Leixlip, Maynooth etc. Even then most will be sorted. I was able to do it when I was a club sec.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:08 am

Well I would feel like I was depriving a supporter from the counties involved. Regardless of whether they're band wagoners or not, the match and result would still mean a hell of a lot more to them than me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tickets for All Ireland   Tickets for All Ireland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tickets for All Ireland
Page 1 of 1