Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dermot Earley

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:10 pm

According to Today FM this morning, Dermot has undergone another operation on his knee and is currently recouperatiing.

Im assuming this is true. Has he damaged it again or what?
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:25 pm

wasn this not spoken about on another thread ?? something to do with a clean up job on the previous operation. hopefully thats all it is
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Yeah, it's just the minor op from a few weeks ago according to this.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/earley-to-make-call-on-intercounty-career-3253721.html

"I had a minor op about three weeks ago to tidy up a bit of loose cartilage that was in the knee, to take it out," said Earley, who previously had four knee operations -- two cruciate and two cartilage.

"I didn't play in any of the club's championship matches because I couldn't train, because the knee started swelling up. The knee was locking on me.

"But now, structurally the knee and the ligaments are all fine. It was just that over the years bits of cartilage had broken off.

"I'm always going to have a bit of pain in it because of what I've been through," continued Earley, who was introduced as a substitute in this year's championship clashes against Meath, Cavan, Sligo and Cork.

"However, if it doesn't stop me from training that's a positive, but at county level you need to be training the whole time. So I'll have just to wait and see how it reacts in the next couple of weeks before I make any call.

"Regardless, I'll play club football next year, but I haven't made a decision on whether I'll be going back to the county yet."

Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 am

He seemed to be moving well on sunday last in hawkfield , on the side line as "Soláthraí Uisce" off the crutches anyway Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dermot Earley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermot Earley   Dermot Earley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dermot Earley
Page 1 of 1