Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty
kildarecat

Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013   Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 5:12 am

Well if all teams stooped to Portlaoises level Gaelic football would be some joke wouldnt it?.

Games littered with fouls.

As for the one point from play Murph?, Moorefield scored 6 frees because each and everytime they were dragged to the ground as they were baring in on goal, how many of those frees would've been points from play or even a goal or two if they weren't cyniically dragged to the ground?.

Hard to score from play when you're not allowed to.

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013   Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:05 pm

topcat wrote:
I am sorry kildarecat but I don't think Portlaoise were any more cynical than what you would expect of any team at this stage of the competition, yes they gave away a lot of scoreable frees but there is only one of them I would say was a definite deliberate foul, the one on Roli in the first half, a lot of the other fouls were really stupid putting hands on the back and things like that when lads were going away from goal. I believe Bruno McCormack used the word naieve to describe Portlaoise in the first half and I believe that is probably the correct description of what they were doing in the first half, stupid would be another good word to describe their tackling!!
Topcat I'm not using the cynicism as the main reason why Moorefield lost, when they went behind the assuredness of the first half disappeared and they made some basic handling errors in the danger zone which was often punished with a point, and Portlaoise had a few more goal chances had they went in might well have put a slightly flattering slant on proceedings.

But the constant baiting of Darryl Flynn from their sideline was sickening stuff, and then the jostling of Darryl as they were heading into the tunnel where one of their players went to ground as if pollaxed lying prone on the ground for an eternity holding his head in a cynical attempt to get Darryl sent off also left a sour taste in the mouth, if the linesman hadn't been standing right beside the incident good chance the ref might have produced a red card?.

And what about the rugby tackle on Aaron Mullins 30 yards from goal he was literally upended to most observers astonishment the ref gave a free against him for over carrying although he only had the ball in his hand for about 2 seconds, Portlaoise went down the other end to notch a point, a 2 point swing in a tight game where scores are at a premium can have a huge bearing on the final outcome.
Back to top Go down
B'side blues
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013   Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:00 am

Dont agree that kildare teams cant compete with other counties in Leinster.Competitive in junior and most successful county at intermediate last 10 years in Leinster.Its not like our senior teams are coming up against and losing to bad teams. The last 2 years our senior winners have lost to the beaten all ireland finalists.I think its the competitive nature of the kildare championship that works against us.No one team dominates it enough to get the experience neeeded playing in Leinster year after year ie portlaoise
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013   Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:18 am

Thats a decent point BSB, There is no doubt that certain Clubs in certain Counties tend to dominate every Year and do gain the experience needed to win Titles.. I did make the point that We are competitive at Junior & Intermediate, if you check my previousĀ post..
As regards a " knee jerk reaction" , opinions whether knee jerk or not is why we haveĀ a Forum surely ?. and while they may be deemed as knee jerk by some Posters, they may also be seen as relevant by others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013   Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Club Senior Football Championship 2013
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4