Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interprovincial Championships

Go down 
+6
Caprea
Sam1928
Cilldara_2000
MD
lillyboy
Gaa1928
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Interprovincial Championships Empty
PostSubject: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Looking at yesterdays attendance - 100 at one game and 279 at the other game, you would have to question the interest in this competition.

In some respects while it's great to see 4 of our players involved however on the other hand after playing 7 games this year already would these players have been better off 'resting up'.

It would be horrible to get injured playing these games also.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:15 pm

if they ever get the fixtures sort the ideal time to have these is after the all Ireland like the do in American football
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:59 pm

Also I heard nothing about these games being on until the results came out yesterday.. This used to be an excellent competition years ago and I still believe it should be played as it's exciting but as lillyboy said it needs a correct time and it is not now.. Personally, I would scrap the international rules series and play these games instead around October..
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:33 am

Yeah, it's an utter shame the way they hype up that Australian crap while here's proper football & hurling that's ignored in the hopes that it will go away eventually. Which it won't as the players seem to want to keep it.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:51 am

What about playing the semi's after the All- Ireland final (1 week later) and the final as a curtain raiser to the club final on Paddys day. The traditional date. Would be a nice bonus to play in front of a decent crowd in HQ.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:05 pm

I don't care if Leinster win or lose and that's the same for most people. I think that's the main problem. If you change the dates or whatever to All-Ireland final weekend it may guarantee more of a crowd which would be good but at the end of day I'm not going to be too bothered cheering on Dublin or Meath players.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:14 pm

I like lillyboys idea.. They could have both Semis in Croker shortly after the AI Finals, with the Final of the Football / Hurling the same Day, also in Croker.. and why not encourage the Primary Schools / Clubs to attend, with no entry fee.. God knows they (GAA) are making enough to cover this.. Why not also have some form of bonus or Holiday for the Winning Teams, to encourage the top Players to take part.. Personally I wouldnt scrap the International Rules, its far from perfect, but I wouldnt be grudge the Players the opportunity to travel and represent their Country.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:42 pm

if held in conjunction with all star selection it would add to their prestige and also spread the awards around a bit
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Promote that Man..
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:18 pm

I would also play them 2 weeks after the All Ireland over one week end with a link to All Star selection. Have the 4 interprovincial managers on the All Star selection committee and have the committee select 4 squads of 21 or 22 to represent the provinces. Scrap the Rules series. The two games sounded excellent last week end and I regret not going to Navan (had thought about doing so).

Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:21 am

I have always thought something similar to Lilyboys idea. Have it in that slot instead of the Aussie rules game in October. Have all the semi finals in Croke Park over one weekend, double header hurling on Saturday and Football on Sunday (or vice versa). Double header for finals the following weekend. As far as Caprea says he doesn't like cheering on Dublin or Meath players, personally I don't think I really 'support' Leinster in this. Would just love the opportunity to see the best players in the country playing with or against each other.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Why not support Leinster??, cant we support the International Rules Team and it dosent matter what County their from??, cant we support the Leinster Rugby Team and it dosent matter what County / Country their from.. Were just not familiar with supporting our Province in Football.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:26 pm

People harp back to when the provincial series was at its hight but that was when there was very little else going on to take from it, with all the club and county competitions going on now people imo are footballed out when it comes to this.

I like the inter rules and most players are in favour of both, why not combine the two and make getting on a provincial team a prerequisite to getting on the inter rules team, just a thought
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:50 am

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/farrell-bring-interpros-abroad-instead-of-all-stars-30028744.html

Not a bad idea from Dessie but against what most here are suggesting i.e. make it available for us to attend. I'd doubt many would travel abroad for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interprovincial Championships   Interprovincial Championships Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interprovincial Championships
Page 1 of 1