Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soccer Games in GAA Grounds

Go down 
+2
lillyboy
Moorefieldbhoy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Empty
PostSubject: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:06 pm

As a Newbridge resident, i have seen alot of posters and signs around the town promoting "Newbridge Football Club vs Manchester United Legends". This is being played in a few weeks. Now im all for people trying to raise a few bob for their respective clubs whether it being GAA or Soccer but it shocked me to see that this is being played in Sarsfields GAA.

Are you even allowed to play other codes in a GAA club? surely approval is needed from the powers to be..

Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:52 pm

i'd imagine approval is needed and there would be insurance issues also. i think o Neil was on talking about the use of gas grounds recently and he wasn't in favour.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 pm

I suppose at the end of the day, business is business. Best of luck to them.
Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 1:37 am

I was at the last legends game when Liverpool were in town and enjoyed that.

Hope it all works out for Teddy and everyone involved
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:02 am

As a Leeds fan and a committed ABU there are far bigger issues to complain about than the fact it's a soccer game in a GAA ground !!

Only joking lads ... I know a Leeds legends event could only happen 6 feet under !
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:41 am

If a club is vested in the Gaa no non Gaa sport can take place in their grounds. I'm not sure if sarsfields are vested in the Gaa. If they are the could be in breach of Gaa rules
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:21 pm

Looks like Sarsfields GAA could be in trouble with the Leinster Council as they have stated that they did NOT and would NOT have sanction this event and indeed knew nothing about it.
Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:32 pm

where did u heard that from GAA1928?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:21 am

Moorefieldbhoy wrote:
where did u heard that from GAA1928?

Hogan Stand and today's Indo, probably the same story.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:25 am

Definitely the same story. Oh how I hate Hogan Stand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soccer Games in GAA Grounds   Soccer Games in GAA Grounds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soccer Games in GAA Grounds
Page 1 of 1