Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ladies championship fixtures

Go down 
+7
TheManInTheStands
ReturnPass
BarrowHermoine
Ogie
losthope
kelf
Topman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 2:14 am

I never said it was a shame to lose to sarsfields, I have a lot of respect for that team and I do think they'll be very hard beat in the championship. You also have to remember that monasterevan have lost a few key players this year and also have a new very young management team who are still trying to find their feet, it'll take time but I think they will come good. Who are these egos that you refer to? What club are you?
Back to top Go down
ReturnPass
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 8:46 am

Regardless of having young or old management, number one rule of football is............... mark your direct opponent!!!!
Sarsfields players were attcking unmarked at will. So if ur Mick O'Dwyer or some fly by night is irrelevant. And whilst theres no shame in losing, there is in being lazy!

Players egos and attitudes can be spotted a mile off, its not rocket science. Refusal to track your opponent, lack of effort or endeavour, lack of dicipline, mouthing etc. Not something that young players should be allowed get away with.

I just find it funny how you were willing to start this thread by talking up a local derby, knowing one of the teams is a lot further behind in terms of development (which can be attributed to Monasterevin). Yet when I point out the difference in class between Monasterevin & Sarsfields, you choose not to see.

Oh and you've forgotten to comment on Noelle's influence on the game as a whole. Infact you've forgotten twice Smile
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:07 pm

"Players egos and attitudes can be spotted a mile off, its not rocket science. Refusal to track your opponent, lack of effort or endeavour, lack of discipline, mouthing etc. Not something that young players should be allowed get away with" that is something that is seen in nearly every team at every level up and down the country so it is not just monasterevan. You always have a select few in every team that has ego issues but monasterevan is no worse than any team, you are quite obviously very bitter towards monasterevan for some reason so there is no real point trying to talk football with you is there? I was not talking up the derby game, I merely asked if anybody knew the championship fixtures as I think it would an interesting game and it would get a lot of local interest.
Is that your first game to see monasterevan play this year?
Did I not already state that I though they handled Noelle fairly well??
What club are you? (For the second time).
Back to top Go down
BarrowHermoine
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:30 am

Jesus Topman I wouls gladly invite you to my clun to prove there is none of that affore-mentioned bs offered or tolerated. Do you honestly believe that clubs are accepting that players would refuse to mark their own marker? If thats the case, what exactly are ur players doing??
I know of more than a few cluns who do not like what ur club have got away with in recent years. Whilst ourselves and most other honest clubs work hard to nuture young upcoming players, yours has been handpicking the best young players from surrounding clubs.
And if you are struggling this year it will be because the player who carried ur team over the last couple of years has packed it in. Maybe now you lot will get a taste of the beatings that you've dished out to the smaller teams in recent years. Thats called karma.
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 4:37 am

No I don't believe that they are, I merely stated that egos exist in all clubs and are not exclusive to monasterevan. Hand picking younger players? Surely every player had a choice and the younger players referred to, I'm sure their parents had an influence, no?
I don't think that this monasterevan will suffer too many major beatings this year, with the exception of the semi final, the other / games the lost were by very few scores.
Anyway, I think that's enough, I look forward to the champion so and best of luck to all teams Smile
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 4:38 am

*championship
Back to top Go down
ReturnPass
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Thats an interesting reply/excuse. One which I imagine you got good advice on. With a promise of winning a Feile All Ireland many parents may have been blinded by a man who has ruined everything he touches. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!
Hopping around from club to club, living his football through his daughters. He is a scurge & are hated everywhere they go.
Thankfully the sporting Gods dished up a serving of just desert & they didnt get the All Ireland Feile that he recruited for.

You seem very keen on finding my club. My views here are my own, nothing to do with my club. But since you have asked on so many occasions, Sarsfields is my club.
I've enjoyed the 2 beatings we inflicted on your lot and will look forward to beating them again.

I have to ask, do you really believe that egos and laziness are accepted in all ladies football teams? You refer to teams "up and down the country", can I ask what makes you think that? What experience of other ladies football clubs have you got to suggest that claim is true?
Back to top Go down
Topman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:21 am

I never said that egos and laziness were accepted, but they do exist among teams. I have never been involved in a ladies team but I have a lot of experience with working with men's football and rugby teams at all levels from club to inter county and not just in Kildare but in a number of counties and in and every single club and county team that I have worked in there has always been egos and I've always had one or two extremely lazy players, that's part of people's personalities and it's what coaches have to deal with, but maybe ladies football is an exception??
As I've stated I don't know anything about the recruiting of players to win an u-14 feile, but if that happened then fool more on the parents for moving their kids from one club to another just to win an all-Ireland, it seems to me that this man you refer to is not the only one trying to "live his football through his daughters"? I have 2 kids at the minute and neither of them are at an age where football is competitive yet and when they get to an age where it is competitive and they decide they want to change clubs to follow their friends or join a club that's more successful, I'll let them, but it would be their own decision not mine. Just because monasterevan is my club, it doesn't mean it has to be their club, (although i would like it to be)I'd support and stand by them no matter what they decided, and if it was the case where other players left the team to follow success then let them on and wish them luck and the club/team should then focus on the players they have instead of being bitter towards the other clubs. I don't agree with the poaching of players at any level but if it happens the club must move on. Maybe there should be a rule brought in to prevent such going on's? And maybe the higher authorities are more to blame than the poachers, no?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 12:09 am

Topman wrote:
I never said that egos and laziness were accepted, but they do exist among teams. I have never been involved in a ladies team but I have a lot of experience with working with men's football and rugby teams at all levels from club to inter county and not just in Kildare but in a number of counties and in and every single club and county team that I have worked in there has always been egos and I've always had one or two extremely lazy players, that's part of people's personalities and it's what coaches have to deal with, but maybe ladies football is an exception??
As I've stated I don't know anything about the recruiting of players to win an u-14 feile, but if that happened then fool more on the parents for moving their kids from one club to another just to win an all-Ireland, it seems to me that this man you refer to is not the only one trying to "live his football through his daughters"? I have 2 kids at the minute and neither of them are at an age where football is competitive yet and when they get to an age where it is competitive and they decide they want to change clubs to follow their friends or join a club that's more successful, I'll let them, but it would be their own decision not mine. Just because monasterevan is my club, it doesn't mean it has to be their club, (although i would like it to be)I'd support and stand by them no matter what they decided, and if it was the case where other players left the team to follow success then let them on and wish them luck and the club/team should then focus on the players they have instead of being bitter towards the other clubs. I don't agree with the poaching of players at any level but if it happens the club must move on. Maybe there should be a rule brought in to prevent such going on's? And maybe the higher authorities are more to blame than the poachers, no?

Anyway, the most important thing is that you got an answer to your question... yes, the gradings have been made for the championship. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 2:46 am

Now that the stirring is done, does anyone actually know when the championship is scheduled to start? The idea was July, which was why the league was reduced so drastically. Then I heard last week it might not be until August or September. This cannot be right, can it?!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:41 am

Is CB meeting this week ?

Draw & dates could be done there, especially if club delegates push it..............
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Don't know why there even is a ladies forum If every thread results in a slogging match between two clubs from an awfully small down. Jaysus you'd thin you'd all have more cop on from what age you are. I won't pretend I don't know the peoples identities that are posting here and I assume you know mine. You should be able to be civil or not bother at all. I myself haven't much interest in ladies side of things and have no problem with my neighbours some of whom are great friends. Bit of cop on. Don't blemish a club's reputation over this 'man' who isn't particularly liked in either club
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:32 am

Yeah Kelf, I made a query. Meeting tomorrow night and hopefully we'll have clarity from that.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:04 am

Thanks Ogie..............

Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:41 am

Here is what's proposed for tomorrow night;
Senior

Balyna
Confey
Eadestown
Leixlip
Maynooth
St Laurences

Intermediate
Ballykelly
Castlemitchell
Monasterevin
Naas
Sarsfields

Junior A
Carbury
Clane
Kilcock
Kilcullen
Moorefield
Na Fianna
Suncroft

Junior B
Athy
Celbridge
Kildangan/Nurney
Rathangan
Rheban
Round Towers

Junior C
Ballymore
Cappagh
Castledermot
Milltown
Robert Emmetts
St Laurences 2
Kill
Leixlip 2

Dates if Kildare qualify for Leinster Final,
Senior and Intermediate;
Saturday 26th July
Saturday 2nd August
Saturday 16th August
Saturday 23rd August
Saturday 30th August
Saturday 6th Sept
Saturday 20th Sept

Junior A and B
(B will be five rnds)
Saturday 19th July
Saturday 26th July
Saturday 2nd August
Tuesday 12th August
Saturday 16th August
Saturday 23rd August
Saturday 30th August
Saturday 6th Sept
Saturday 20th Sept

Junior C
Saturday 12th July
Saturday 19th July
Saturday 26th July
Saturday 2nd August
Saturday 16th August
Saturday 23rd August
Saturday 30th August
Saturday 6th Sept
Saturday 13th Sept

Dates if Kildare lose Leinster Q/F and Rd 1 Qualifier:-
Senior and Intermediate;
Saturday 12th July
Saturday 2nd August
Saturday 16th August
Saturday 23rd August
Saturday 30th August
Saturday 6th Sept
Saturday 20th Sept

Junior A and B
(B over five rnds)
Saturday 12th July
Saturday 2nd August
Saturday 26th July
Saturday 2nd August
Saturday 16th August
Saturday 23rd August
Saturday 30th August
Saturday 6th Sept
Saturday 20th Sept

Junior C
Saturday 5th July
Saturday 12th July
Saturday 19th July
Saturday 26th July
Saturday 2nd August
Saturday 16th August
Saturday 23rd August
Saturday 6th Sept
Saturday 13th Sept

Last two dates shown for each grade are semi final and final. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Athgarvan ????? Missing from the lists and they just won a League.

Caragh, Ellistown, Rathcoffey, St Kevins & TMH: Only Under Age teams, I assume.

Those early July dates wont suit any student players on J1..

Good to see the number in the higher grades increasing..............
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Athgarvan may or may not be fielding, I haven't heard. There are two transfer requests from Athgarvan to Sarsfields on the agenda for tonight. It should be noted that Athgarvan/Kilcullen playing as St Brigids, won the under 16 Division 1 final. This Under 16 team would be a match for a lot of senior ladies teams, playing a lovely brand of football.

You're correct on the rest, underage only. Some of them up and coming clubs though and with the younger age profile in ladies it won't be long until some of these teams are playing senior.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 7:06 pm

That looks good. I am glad it is starting in July. That was what was agreed at the start of the year... it was the pay-off for having a truncated league. You cannot have players training from January, given them four or five games and then not do anything until August or September.

As it is, I have always felt the leagues start a bit late and the championships started a bit late. You need to have games.

And while I understand the J1s etc, work at home and college etc are issues during the league campaign - missing players is too handy an excuse not to play games or not to go out and take your punishment. I've seen so many teams pull the plug and I have wondered are we mad at times going out and being so far off full strength, particularly when we were Division 2, as well as being intermediate, and getting hidings.

The other side of it though is young players have been thrown in at the deep end and learning so much. That will benefit us in the long term although ideally, you wouldn't be putting eight or nine in, and it can have a negative impact on one or two as well. But some clubs just pull the plug for a campaign, go down a division and suddenly are winning all round them again. I don't think you should be rewarded for not fielding. Anyway, that's just a personal hobby horse/gripe (one of many) and it's off piste here.

I'm glad we're going in July as agreed at the start of the year... games should be as close as possible to one another and definitely in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 7:08 pm

Forgot to say, thanks for that STS
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 12:11 am

No problem Ogie, and it was confirmed last night that Athgarvan senior ladies have withdrawn. When the fixtures are released I'll post them here.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 12:22 am

Good man
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 8:17 am

SeeTheStars

Was the Draw for the first round of games done at ( or just after) the meeting ??
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 1:07 am

Kelf, not that I noticed. It could have been done after the meeting as I didn't hang around.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:03 am

So no one knows who they play in Round 1.

Pity as a few "interesting" selections can raise the interest level.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Hey SeeTheStars... reading those provisional fixtures again - we have a scenario for Kildare reaching Leinster final and for losing Leinster 1/4 final and R1 qualifier... what happens if they reach Leinster semi-final or win R1 qualifier do you know? I haven't seen the county championship draw... Who did Kildare get in Leinster?

When will these be confirmed... is it the end of the month? And will the draws be made then as well?

Thanks a million in advance!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies championship fixtures   Ladies championship fixtures - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies championship fixtures
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next