Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big one who wins moores v athy

Go down 
+24
jim
gomearza
lollypop
lomond
Moorefieldbhoy
LillieLad
Loads of Pints
Botch
midfieldmaestro
Big Full Back
The observer
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
Athyman
hope
murof
kickingking
jimmers
lilysavage
Dido
BelieveToAchieve
topcat
bag of white
Gonzo
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gonzo
Junior A
Junior A

Big one who wins moores v athy Empty
PostSubject: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 3:25 am

Well club championship is back and the big match is Moorefield v Athy.I think athy gets them by 4.What do the rest of ye think.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 3:36 am

I'd say Athy by a couple of points. Is Kevin Feely around for this game or is he gone back across the channel?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:08 am

League accross the water starts on Saturday so I doubt he will be around for Moorefield game. Very hard to know how it will go. Kick of a ball either way. Athy probably feel they have a point to prove after last year!
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 5:46 am

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I bet Moorefield aee shitting themselves. You should've kept ur mouth shut!
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 6:20 am

I wouldn't ha ha yet.Athy will still beat Moorefield .
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 6:50 am

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Its that unfounded & unproven cockyness that Im laughing at.

Whatever the result against Moorefield. Athy are not in the same league as the Newbridge clubs.

Well done Celbridge.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 8:05 am

In my experience Athy think they just have to turn up....2 kick in the arses in 2 years what plonkers
Moores will win by 6 Pts
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:09 pm

Clash of styles. Athy will not be let plat as much open football as they would like. Moorefield will make it ugly and hope Sweeneys or OConnors frees win it for them. Just hope they dont resort to usual dirty off the ball stuff . Im not sure if Athy are a better team playing with or without Niall Kelly though im sure he will have to start. I am cooect in saying the loser here gets another chance?
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:27 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Clash of styles. Athy will not be let plat as much open football as they would like. Moorefield will make it ugly and hope Sweeneys or OConnors frees win it for them. Just hope they dont resort to usual dirty off the ball stuff . Im not sure if Athy are a better team playing with or without Niall Kelly though im sure he will have to start.  I am cooect in saying the loser here gets another chance?

Correct - winner through to QF and loser has to play another round and win to progress
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Im assuming when you refer to dirty off the ball stuff you are referring to the south Kildare pretenders??
Biting, striking from behind, stamping bitching and moaning. All traits that they displayed when under pressure in recent years just ask Sarsfields, Leixlip or indeed Moorefield players if needs be.

Keeleghan will no doubt use his usual negative tactics. But Moorefield are far more experienced, diciplined and are proven winners. I can see them sending Athy scurrying home with defeat......AGAIN
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:59 pm

Celbridge aren't getting a lot of credit for their win yesterday. It's going to take a good team to knock them out of the championship.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Celbridge with their county players back were always going to improve a lot more than Athy considering how poor the Athy county players were for Kildare this year. Celbridege on the other hand had 2 of the best in form Kildare players in Conway and Lyons. They should be serious contenders this year.
I think Moorefield with the O'Connor boys will be too good for Athy who have never been the same since Feely left. Should be a good championship with lots of fine players on view and maybe a few to emerge.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 12:38 am

The black card will not suit Moorefield . Cynical play was an area where they excelled. Especially when they were exposed against teams with better footballers.U would hope they would get back the two players who were sent off in recent league match or else they will struggle . Agred that Celbridge are serious contenders now. The team who beats them wins the Championship IMO.
Back to top Go down
hope
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 3:40 am

Believe to achieve, you are becoming obsessive and frankly very boring as regards Athy. Celbridge,Moorefield, Sarsfields, Athy all with a chance of winning. Carbury able to beat any of those 4 on their day also. Always such a close champ to call.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:21 am

Hey hope. Dont like it? Dont f**kin read it.

The filthy facts are there for all to see. I dont recal any Moorefield players biting, ever. The Athy players were disgusting last year the way they carried on.

Moorefield havent won countless titles from being dirty. They didnt win a Leinster by being dirty. And they didnt need the O'Connor boys to beat Athy in the past.

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:43 am

Everyone who knows anything about club football in Kildare know that Moorefield bully Athy when they meet. Sos Dowling will tell you that. Athy will win by few points if its a football match.They will need a strong ref though.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 am

Ah BTA the king of the key board warriors, you are correct though we don't have to read your post unfortunately you put them on a public forum, and I am awRe of your popularity on this forum, I personally never slag off players or clubs as it says more about the poster than anything else, for the record I don't think a newbridge club will win it this year, celbridge look a good bet .. You must seek some therapy for your anti Athy comments, we should post some of your comments in the Athy dressing room might help us beat the moores Smile)
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 11:50 pm

Sunday 24th August 2014 in Newbridge at 6.30 p.m., all will be revealed.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:28 am

kickingking wrote:
Celbridge aren't getting a lot of credit for their win yesterday. It's going to take a good team to knock them out of the championship.

That 14/1 I took is looking like good value eh KKK...
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:39 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
kickingking wrote:

They've got serious options in defence and midfield but have they got the forwards to win it?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:50 am

bag of white wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
kickingking wrote:

They've got serious options in defence and midfield but have they got the forwards to win it?

Indeed Seamus. Looks a good value price now.

Celbridge's forwards match up fairly well against most clubs. Brophy is as good as there is in the county and O'Sullivan is a good club player now that he is injury free. Interesting that McGrillen plays in more of an attacking role than he does for Kildare. Maybe that's something that Jason Ryan might consider looking at next year in the league if Peter Kelly is back at no 3.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:52 am

[quote="bag of white"][quote="SeamusMurphy"][quote="kickingking"]Celbridge aren't getting a lot of credit for their win yesterday. It's going to take a good team to knock them out of the championship.

Did Moorefield put 6 goals past them last year ???
Back to top Go down
The observer
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:59 am

Any other time and dates for the rest of the senior championship matches Gaa 1928
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 1:02 am

The observer wrote:
Any other time and dates for the rest of the senior championship matches Gaa 1928

Heard nothing 'The observer'. This fixture is on the Moorefield Gaa website so I persume that the fixtures have been mailed out to the clubs.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:35 am

Sarsfields v Carbury is on Saturday at half 6 in Newbridge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big one who wins moores v athy   Big one who wins moores v athy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big one who wins moores v athy
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next