Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Roscommon

Go down 
+28
micky murphy
lilysavage
standhimup
Sam1928
greyfox28
kickingking
All down the line
Gaa1928
Bad News Baba
teedee
murof
topcat
Jimmy winning matches
lollypop
TommyKeegan
inexile
Big Full Back
OutTheGap
Lillydreams
Flamingo
kildare12
Ohtoohtobe
Onhisboot
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
lillyboy
overthebar
tomoneillandhissisteranne
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Couldn't make the game today ( heard it on KFM ).  Is it true that the attendance was only 1,700 and most of them were from Roscommon ????
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
Couldn't make the game today ( heard it on KFM ).  Is it true that the attendance was only 1,700 and most of them were from Roscommon ????
yes it was same cavan the kildare fans are jummping ship already shame on them
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:51 pm

inexile wrote:
just curious - what did Ryan have to say in his post match interview with kfm?

Usual rabbit in headlights stuff - agreed with the reporters that it was awful, and that conceding 24 scores was diabolical. Thought we had enough opportunities in the second half - apparently his stats said we'd as many attacks as them but we continuously lost the ball while they took their chances. Thought we owned the first half until the last 10 minutes. Basically blamed the players' execution for the poor second half. As usual he was able to say what happened but not an inkling as to the "why". No one asked him would he be resigning or even considering his position, naturally.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:52 pm

First time posting here, Crofter's comments about the U21 and minor teams of the last several years struck a chord as I attended most of their matches as well. What shocked me most in the minor V Roscommon and Kerry and the U21 v Galway was not just our lack of physical pace but our slow speed of thought, lack of football instinct and at times poor decision making. For example under pretty average tackling pressure and sometimes none, Kildare players struggle to execute a simple handpass. I don't mean the ones that are blocked/intercepted but also those that go behind the player or cause him to adjust and break his stride.
By no means an apologist for Jason Ryan but the manager is only a small part of our problem.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:55 pm

fone wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
yes  it was same cavan  the kildare fans  are jummping ship already shame on them

I was at the game (and have been at all five) but surely people have a choice what to do with their Sunday afternoon on Mothers Day in particular ? "Shame" is a bit strong. GAA is entertainment and in order to compete you need to put on a product. The performances of our team and the less than luxurious state of our county grounds wouldn't encourage too many out in fairness. Wait until we're "entertaining" Div 3 opposition next year if you think today's crowd was low. I actually thought it was a good atmosphere today (granted it was generated largely by the away support who had plenty to shout about once it became obvious 5 minutes from half time that they had the winning of the game).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:58 pm

murof wrote:
Not fair to simply compare McGeeney's  best team to the one we saw today. His team had a midfield of Earley and Flynn, defenders like Foley, McGrillen, O'Flaherty and Kelly and forwards like Doyle and Kavanagh, none of whom were available today.
Add in the fact that some of his better players like Callaghan and O'Neill are in decline and its easy to see how we have faded so much.
This time 2 years ago Meath, Monaghan and Roscommon were in Div 3 with the latter having to wait another year for promotion. All 3 are playing well now and on the up.
Claiming that we have better players than teams that beat us is just silly.  Maybe we just have to be patient and accept that the good times are gone and believe we can come good again.

We could argue about this all night without either of us having concrete facts to back up our claims. It's all about opinion really. I'm of the opinion that we have as good a players available to us as Down (who lost some massive players of their own), Westmeath, Meath and Roscommon. It's not a wild claim to have considering these are not top tier teams.

One question we can ask whilst everyone is slating the quality of players we have and their pride is do you murof or anyone else on the forum believe that Jason Ryan is getting the best out of what he has got at his disposal? Like would it not have been possible to keep Roscommon from scoring 24 points today in our own back yard? Or beating Westmeath and prevent them from scoring 15 points?

Also whatever players McGeeney had at his disposal he made them that good, that's what good coaches and managers do. McGrillen couldn't get his place on the u21 team. He took Peter Kelly from the Kildare Junior panel, Foley wasn't even a mediocre county player let alone an all star. Kavanagh always had talent, McGeeney brought the best out of him. Again thats what good managers do.

If we had a manager that could extract the best from our lads, who knows what Niall Kelly, Paul Cribben, Darroch Mulhall, Eoghan Doyle, Fergal Conway, Mick O'Grady, Dan Flynn and Tommy Moolick could achieve in their careers.

Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm

Crofter wrote:
fone wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
yes  it was same cavan  the kildare fans  are jummping ship already shame on them

I was at the game (and have been at all five) but surely people have a choice what to do with their Sunday afternoon on Mothers Day in particular ?   "Shame" is a bit strong.  GAA is entertainment and in order to compete you need to put on a product.  The performances of our team and the less than luxurious state of our county grounds wouldn't encourage too many out in fairness. Wait until we're "entertaining" Div 3 opposition next year if you think today's crowd was low. I actually thought it was a good atmosphere today (granted it was generated largely by the away support who had plenty to shout about once it became obvious 5 minutes from half time that they had the winning of the game).
the attendance at newbridge this are low this year and not many fans are going to away matches either
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:00 pm

This hurts me to write, but after a day thinking, my basic out-loud expression is "ha ha ha ha ha". Just typing the truth before same abuse from same believers who say this is where we should be. So we are in Division 3 and not even a fight, two games to go in a tight division and we are only team that can't get promoted and you'd bet house on being relegated. A set-up of idiots? Beyond, from board to management. All embarrssing.

We've collapsed so a question... Can someone draw up a list of those people/clubs at vote a couple of years who backed to remove the one we shant speak of for fear it will embarress the majority? While we are shamed, they are named? And any single person on here who says it's the past, move on, is a simpleton if they can't realise ripples reach present and I bet once we get names above, they reach future decsion making. Thus it's beyond moving on, it's about removing in football terms some people either so self-centred or so stupid they should return to property developing or whatever they shouted at to make money.

If this can't be answered, I genuinelly hope we collapse to Division Four. I've spent enough time and money following Kildare, enough emotion loving Kildare, and enough study while offering Kildare to bother again. So to give a flying f**k about this sham, I'll enjoy it. Division Three, f**k me, taqk in populations and dual counties and we are the greteat embarrassment in Gaelic games.

It doesn't represent the best of Kildare football so why oh why should I care a second longer. I'll watch from a far against Clare, Laois, Offaly, Carlow, Longford and whoever else. It is officially a pathetic county - not solely on results and Ryan, just the whole greedy, selfish set-up. Cill Dara abu lol.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Of course they're low. We're in Div 2, playing with a manager who doesn't inspire confidence and a team that's playing shi_te. Hardcore remain and it's even noticeable that a lot on here (who clearly have a keen interest) are not attending so much. Sad and depressing times.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:05 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
This hurts me to write, but after a day thinking, my basic out-loud expression is "ha ha ha ha ha". Just  typing the truth. So we are in Division Three, we've collapsed so a question...

1. Can someone draw up a list of those people/clubs at vote a couple of years back so while we are shamed, they are named. And any single person on here who says it's the past is a simpleton if they can't realise ripples reach the present and I bet once we get names, they reach the future decsion making as well.

If this can't be answered, I genuinelly hope we collapse to Division Four. I've spent enough time and money following, and study being ignored with help, to give a flying f**k about this sham. It doesn't represent the best of Kildare football so why oh why should I care a second longer. I'll watch from a far against Clare, Laois, Offaly, Carlow, Longford and whoever else. It is officially a pathetic county - not solely on results and Ryan, just the whole greedy, selfish set-up. Cill Dara abu lol.

Call me a simpleton but what the f*ck use is that going to do? We're all pissed off TK and all know the County's clubs royally screwed up 18 months but grow up lad - wishing we drop to Div 4 is just childish man. And you don't even have to watch the pathetic shi*te being served up.. be grateful for small mercies.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:07 pm

I know my own club voted for the previous managers removal and I doubt that would change given the defeat that we suffered to Dublin that year, some did have the foresight to envisage this happening, however I don't see the problem being the removal of the previous manager more so the failure to get the successors appointment correct, this appointment was made to appease the players, never a good idea. Kevin McStay an all-Ireland winner, around 6 months before touted for the job but was passed over for Jason Ryan, massive mistake and we are suffering for it now!
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:08 pm

*checks thread to see if he has been sacked yet*

Shame, c'mon fone, people won't spend their hard earned money on a team with a manager who is sending us back into the football dark ages.

Kildare people love their football but they are not idiots.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:08 pm

That second half was hard to watch. Not only did Roscommon completely outplay in the second half, they looked a far hungrier team all the way through. Once they put pressure on our kickouts, we were totally goosed.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Crofter wrote:
Of course they're low. We're in Div 2, playing with a manager who doesn't inspire confidence and a team that's playing shi_te.  Hardcore remain and it's even noticeable that a lot on here (who clearly have a keen interest) are not attending so much.  Sad and depressing times.
i know some hardcore kildare fans are not going to games staying home to watch soccer and rugby
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:13 pm

I'll be very clear here, just so this is all clear once more. I saw a similarity between Belgium and Kildare in terms of football size and how to make most of it and be competitive, tried to set up meetings and it was only people in Kildare county board that said no. After a life following this egotiscal board with the most honest players in Ireland under them, they can shove it. Really, after all my love, I'll say it again, I was glad we lost today and that won't change. Tough s**t, enough people in Ireland with selfish agendas and egos have got places in Celtic Tiger, glad Kildare GAA not one more.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:43 pm

kildare have gone 4 games in a row without conceding a goal since 97/98 season
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:51 pm

I know you wear your heart on your sleeve Tommy and often agree with you but wishing us to drop to div 4 is just plain wrong. How is that fair to the players or the fans who follow them around the country?
And to answer your question Freddy about whether the manager is getting the best out of the players the only answer is no. Unfortunately he comes across as a spoofer and the obvious choice should have been the person who clearly wanted it, Kevin McStay.
Back to top Go down
greyfox28
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 11:02 pm

This is my first ever posting, prompted entirely by the obvious frustration in Tommy Keegan's posts. I have spent 50 years eating and sleeping Kildare football and have many times been brought to tears when we lost. Losing today is painful but, for the first time ever, I wanted this to happen. I believe we need a real crisis in order to precipitate the fundamental changes which are necessary.
Jason Ryan is more a symptom than the cause of our problems. He is the managerial equivalent of the inept county board which has been steering the ship for the past number of years. He's undoubtedly reading these posts, has probably come to the conclusion that all the waffle in the world doesn't make a competent inter-county manager, and will surely tender his resignation in the coming days.
Jason's departure will not however cure our problems. Finding a quality replacement and re-energising the players will be important but until such time as we literally take our finances and development programmes by the scruff of the neck we can expect to win 3 Leinsters in the next 80 years, exactly as we have done in the last 80.
I don't have all the answers but it would be a start to have a few important questions addressed. Just as Jason Ryan reads these Forum posts so too does Ger Donnelly. Ger, it's now time for you to grasp the leadership role that you have been given and drag us out of the mire!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 11:26 pm

murof wrote:
I know you wear your heart on your sleeve Tommy and often agree with you but wishing us to drop to div 4 is just plain wrong. How is that fair to the players or the fans who follow them around the country?
And to answer your question Freddy about whether the manager is getting the best out of the players the only answer is no. Unfortunately he comes across as a spoofer and the obvious choice should have been the person who clearly wanted it, Kevin  McStay.

Just genuinelly think it might take that to rot out the deadwood who put us like this, they'll celebrate a mid-table Division Three finish as a positive and a new dawn so rather than waste another three years, might be what we need. Sure, might be a dream, but don't see point of going on like this into future without serious change and will take as much as Division Four to happen. Would rather see innovation in gutter, than complacency tumbling off kerb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:08 am

Wonder what Martin Whyte's opinion on the whole shambles ? Or Marty McEvoy,  or indeed John McMahon who over saw the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:27 am

Didn't see the game. Sounds awful. Even if you allow for that, and take into consideration that the usual standards of this site aren't that high, it has dropped to a new level of incoherence around here and reading it is almost as painful as looking at Kildare's results.
I used to edit for a living but even I can't figure out what at least half the posters are trying to say.

Anyway I was looking at our panel this morning and it's not that bad. Enough there to sneak into the top 12 in Ireland if we get it together. They have my full support, now and always, division four or division one, All-Ireland finalists or first-round Leinster fodder. I hope they knuckle down and regain a bit of self-belief.

I'm out of here until championship to give me head a rest. I'll be back for our do-or-die, 50-50 championship game with Carlow. Catch ye then.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:44 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Didn't see the game. Sounds awful. Even if you allow for that, and take into consideration that the usual standards of this site aren't that high, it has dropped to a new level of incoherence around here and reading it is almost as painful as looking at Kildare's results.
I used to edit for a living but even I can't figure out what at least half the posters are trying to say.

Anyway I was looking at our panel this morning and it's not that bad. Enough there to sneak into the top 12 in Ireland if we get it together. They have my full support, now and always, division four or division one, All-Ireland finalists or first-round Leinster fodder. I hope they knuckle down and regain a bit of self-belief.

I'm out of here until championship to give me head a rest. I'll be back for our do-or-die, 50-50 championship game with Carlow. Catch ye then.

Look at me, I worked in the meeja !
I'll make it easy for you to understand, Ryan is a spoofer who has set us back 5 years minimum and needs to be cut loose before terminal damage is done.

No ones bothered your giving it a miss, let those who actually go to the games have their say and since you have been one of those trumpeting Ryan from the start it's no surprise you are abandoning ship now.

Then you have the nerve and audacity to criticize those who have been to all the games under Ryan and had to endure 18 months of hell all while you sit and pontificate from another Country.
One less apologist to worry about and don't forget to bring your ball with you.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 9:52 am

How many senior club players are on the panel compared to intermediate and junior players? Just wondering
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 10:11 am

Sam from the 26 on the panel yesterday 20 senior 6 inter
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 10:36 am

standhimup wrote:
Sam from the 26 on the panel yesterday 20 senior 6 inter

Cheers...someone said to me too many players from non senior clubs but obviously that is not the case. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Roscommon
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next