Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Offaly

Go down 
+36
Shergar
Gaa1928
Big Full Back
Dinny Breen
Caprea
shoutitout
Westside
lilywhites on tour
Lily8
OutTheGap
Onhisboot
jj
Cilldara_2000
smokey
Flamingo
white boy
inexile
steviegenius
TommyKeegan
Taibi
Celbridgelad
Rex
Highball
Ogie
johnsmyth
lillyboy
moatesports
flourman
Ohtoohtobe
jim
Kildare98
kickingking
murof
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 10:48 pm

Round 2 .....
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 12:40 am

Won't be easy against the biffos and they had a decent result themselves yesterday.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 1:12 am

Won't be "easy" against anyone in Div 3 but at the same time we shouldn't be losing to Offaly. Our scratch O'Byrne Cup team beat a team that was close to their first pick, we beat them last season in u-21 and senior championship (despite coming off a bad defeat to Dubs).. We should be beating Offaly if our attitude is right (and that's one thing that looked good v Westmeath).
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 3:24 am

Our attitude is definitely right judged on yesterday. I was sitting directly behind O'Neill and was impressed with how calm and in control he was all day. He didn't give too many orders but when he did the players heard them and immediately reacted.
Even when substitutes were needed he calmly turned around and barked out the subs name and within seconds that player was running down the steps. Easy to see he had been around a few top outfits in recent years.
I'd be hopeful we would up the performance for Offaly the next day but then I was hopeful we would do likewise at the start of the 2nd half yesterday and it never happened.
Have to say I am a lot more hopeful for the year ahead after seeing the potential of the young players yesterday. Really hope Feely is available soon as we are crying out for a high fielding midfielder.
Back to top Go down

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 4:25 am

"it won't be easy" must be thee most overused cliche in football.

As I stated at the start of the campaign. We should be winning every game in this division.
Teams will put up a resistance to us to a certain extent but we should have far far too much all over the field for every team in this Division.

And in particular we should be winning all our home games comfortably. We should be topping the league and we should be winning the final. This isn't expecting miracles from our new manager either. This is merely expecting the players to deliver on 75% of their ability.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 4:51 am

I heard Pat Flanagan interviewed on Midlands 103 after the matches yesterday saying that he thought Offaly were the better team in our two meetings over the past 12 months and he hopes that his team will prove him right next Sunday. Kildare have had the better of the likes of Offaly, Laois, Longford and Westmeath for the most part over the last ten years and it's important we keep on top of these teams within Leinster.

Have we many in Sigerson action this week? Niall Kelly showed how vital he is to this Kildare team again yesterday. We're a totally different animal with a fit Kelly in attack. It's important he's kept right.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:14 am

I'm with Freddy on this one. If we're happy to amble along being a middle tier county, losing to or scraping a result against Offaly is fine.

If, on the other hand, the ambition is to build on the Trojan work being done at underage level, realise the young players' potential and become a top eight county over the next few years, the aim should be to turn on the style and wipe the floor with them.

That's no disrespect to Offaly - just an acknowledgment that there has been a vast gap between the counties at senior and underage over the past six or seven years. Yes, they've beaten us couple of times at U21, but we are the only county in Leinster consistently able to compete with and beat Dublin at underage. There is literally no one else.

Thankfully, unlike Jason Ryan - who seemed to regard ambition as some kind of perversity - Cian O'Neill wants to use his top level experience to drive us forward. I know he'll be pushing the players to deliver.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:19 am

Also I normally don't care at all about pre match comments, but that Flanagan interview is fairly provocative. If I was manager, I would say to the players a couple of times this week, Flanagan reckons you didn't really deserve those last two wins.

Let's really take it to them on Sunday and then see what he has to say afterwards.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:46 am

Murof You say O'Neil looked calm and controlled. If we lost he would have been to calm and not shown enough passion.

Remember what the manager says to the press and what he says to the players are oceans apart.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:49 am

In fairness, I don't think there's any set way managers have to behave on the sideline. Mickey Harte looks bored, Davy Fitzgerald looks like he's about to have a coronary.

Each to his own.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 7:29 am

jim wrote:
Murof You say O'Neil looked calm and controlled. If we lost he would have been to calm and not shown enough passion.

Remember what the manager says to the press and what he says to the players are oceans apart.

Not sure what point you're making there Jim, all I meant was the manager was calm and controlled in the way he gave instructions on tactics and made substitutions. On one occasion he shouted out to Dan Flynn "you're in midfield Dan not up there" and Dan fairly legged it back to midfield. Guy beside remarked, " jasus that wouldn't have happened last year".
What the manager says to the media is irrelevant, you just hope he wont come out with some thing embarrassing like Jason tended to do.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 10:25 am

I'd take a one-point win if you offered it now but I really want us to wipe the floor with them. We can never beat Offaly enough or by enough.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:56 am

Freddy Krueger wrote:

As I stated at the start of the campaign. We should be winning every game in this division.
Teams will put up a resistance to us to a certain extent but we should have far far too much all over the field for every team in this Division.

And in particular we should be winning all our home games comfortably. We should be topping the league and we should be winning the final. This isn't expecting miracles from our new manager either. This is merely expecting the players to deliver on 75% of their ability.

Interesting freddy. . Didn't you actually tip wm prior to the last match ?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 7:42 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Freddy Krueger wrote:

Interesting freddy. . Didn't you actually tip wm prior to the last match   ?

No - in fairness to Freddy, he said it might be a draw OR WM to sneak it, and that it "could be a tough day at the office", which I guess is another way of saying "it won't be easy"
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:32 pm

Kildare 2/7. Offaly 10/3. Draw 9/1.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:39 pm

last sunday both teams did better against the wind I think kildare still have the same problem no one supporting the player to take ball at pace too much running into traffic and playing ball backwards then again its only febuary
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:47 pm

Seamus what odds would you get on Kildare winning all their matches? I'd imagine we'll be favourites in them all but to go through the whole league without a slip up while trying new players etc is still a tough ask. Would you get 10/1 for the accumulator?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 12:47 am

They were 7/2 to win all games in the division with PP in January (enhanced to 5/1 for time)
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 3:17 am

lillyboy wrote:
Seamus what odds would you get on Kildare winning all their matches? I'd imagine we'll be favourites in them all but to go through the whole league without a slip up while trying new players etc is still a tough ask. Would you get 10/1 for the accumulator?

Flour is right 5/1 before the wm match.
Looking at it I decided to put €20 win v wm and continue with the win money on to the next match. That way I reckon it should be more profitable.. as long as we keep winning of course.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 3:24 am

Thanks lads. 7/2 very tight and your right SM keep re investing would get you a better return, provided as you say we keep winning
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 3:47 am

If we were 1/3 for all 7 games, re-investing the winnings from an initial 10 euro bet would return about 75 quid - so 7/2 or 5/1 offers no value at all
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:43 am

No - in fairness to Freddy, he said it might be a draw OR WM to sneak it, and that it "could be a tough day at the office", which I guess is another way of saying "it won't be easy"

Imagine working with Freddy, everyday would make for "a tough day at the office".
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 12:45 pm

johnsmyth wrote:

Imagine working with Freddy, everyday would make for "a tough day at the office".

It certainly wouldn't be easy
Back to top Go down

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Look at the 2 chair leaders touching mickies off each other. Get a room you pair of planks.

Called you out in another thread and you had no balls Seamus, but in fairness maybe johnsmyth is busy fondling them.

We were 3 points up against WM in the dying moments, hardly comfortable. It was 11 scores apiece with us scoring 2 goals. It was far from comprehensive. There was a lot of poor performances all over the field. With the wind in the 2nd half we 3 points, in 35 minutes of football. 2 Well taken goals gloss over a poor performance if we're all being honest.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 10:37 pm

It was a good post-match interview though, that's the important thing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Offaly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Offaly   Kildare v Offaly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Offaly
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next