Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Sligo

Go down 
+27
Lily8
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Cilldara_2000
inexile
naked-lilly
kildaregaa365
jimmers
TommyKeegan
lilysavage
steviegenius
Frankel
flourman
Flamingo
murof
Jimmy winning matches
LillieLad
Kildare98
lillyboy
jim
topcat
kickingking
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
Rex
Gaa1928
tomoneillandhissisteranne
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:00 pm

In an attempt to put yesterday's debacle out of my mind, I thought it's time to look forward Smile
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:05 pm

I think this game will be tough enough.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:51 pm

You are 4/4 for wins after starting a thread Tom, will it be 5/5.

I'm confident we'll win. We have be playing so much in ourselves and yet we have 8 points. The warning Cian gave to the media about repercussions is a serious kick up the arse some players need.  
That was great to hear from our manager. No pussy footing around, it's either you improve or you are out.

Sligo from what I read had a two man advantage for a period of time on Sunday, yet the gap to Longford increased. Not a good sign.

Kildare by 5
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:44 pm

After the first 2 games, I thought as well that we were playing within ourselves and that we could step it up a level if we needed to. After watching the game yesterday, I've changed my mind. We are not playing well, I don't think our style of play really suits the players we have and only good individual performances from the likes of Kevin Feely, Dan Flynn and Niall Kelly have got us over the line in games. That's not meant to be a dig at the manager - it's a big rebuilding job and it's going to take time.

Having said that, we should be too good for Sligo at the weekend. The Tipp and Clare games won't be that easy though - we'll need to play better than yesterday to win those.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:45 pm

Rex ....I'll try to keep the ball rolling - literally and metaphorically - bit like not changing
the ritual from match to match in 98! Smile
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 1:11 am

Kildare 1/8
Sligo 11/2.
Draw 14 / 1.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 1:35 am

Div 3 promotion.
Kildare 3/10.
Tipperary 4/1.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 1:57 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Kildare 1/8
Sligo 11/2.
Draw 14 / 1.

We were 1/10 yesterday and look how close that was.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 2:23 am

Yeah. Certainly wouldn't back us on those odds.. the draw looks tempting Question
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 3:02 am

I'm confident we will see a much better performance next Sunday. Yesterday could be the kick up the backside that some of the lads needed.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 4:13 am

We will win this match by 7/8 points. Sligo have only picked up 2 points against a poor Westmeath team and were well beaten by Longford yesterday. I just hope we deliver a performance and instead of O Neill speaking about repercussions and lads losing their place he is talking about several lads putting their hands up and nailing down a place for later in the year.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 4:23 am

topcat wrote:
We will win this match by 7/8 points. Sligo have only picked up 2 points against a poor Westmeath team and were well beaten by Longford yesterday. I just hope we deliver a performance and instead of O Neill speaking about repercussions and lads losing their place he is talking about several lads putting their hands up and nailing down a place for later in the year.

I agree, this thing about any manager publically complaining about the players and leaving them out on the pitch to 'have a look at themselves' is crap.  These lads are amateurs giving up their time to try their best for their county.  

It should also be remembered who the people are here that are not amateurs.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 6:08 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
topcat wrote:

I agree, this thing about any manager publically complaining about the players and leaving them out on the pitch to 'have a look at themselves' is crap.  These lads are amateurs giving up their time to try their best for their county.  

Which proves that, whoever the manager is, like Ricky Nelson you can't please everyone.............sigh
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 6:25 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
topcat wrote:

Which proves that, whoever the manager is, like Ricky Nelson you can't please everyone.............sigh

+ 1
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 6:44 am

Very ture the manager is always wrong in somebody's eyes
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 9:51 am

I don't think it's to much to say there's repercussions for playing poorly or not sticking to a game plan and I think we all agree that we were poor yesterday. That said it's early days but you only get so many chances at this level and as some one said there's at least 10 potential starters to come back in, so a few lads are running out of road
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 9:08 pm

If there's going to be repercussions for Sunday in all honesty there well be 11 or 12 changes.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 7:15 am

May as well conduct my own coaching clinic! Areas for improvement on Sun...

1. Intensity of the forwards - we should be well able to take the game to Sligo. When they're trying to take the ball out of defence, want to see our boys hassling them non-stop, eg Dublin second half v Cork. V hard to sustain for the full 75 mins obviously, but no matter - we should be flying out of the traps on Sun.

2. Ball-handling and passing - not up to scratch last weekend. Tyrone are masters of this in years gone by (still are) - we need to up our game big time.

3. Delivery into forwards and accuracy - too many high ones lumped up on Sun. Look for the movement inside and ping into the man. And when we do get it, steady up and make sure of the score!

Other areas to tidy up on of course, but those are three big ones I'd like to see addressed.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 8:44 am

Any word on either Tomas or Podge coming back in? would be great to have either back, need a ball winning full forward in there bad!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:27 am

LillieLad wrote:
Any word on either Tomas or Podge coming back in? would be great to have either back, need a ball winning full forward in there bad!!
Tomas refuse come back to panel at start of year cannot see o Neil taken him back now and if u listen to o Neil interview on kfm in January podge is long term back injury
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:21 am

We definitely need a ball winning full forward, the ball is just not sticking when it goes in to bring other players into play. Don't think TOC or Fogarty are good enough tbh. We have a lot more options at midfield now so maybe we can convert a midfielder for that role. Sherry is one option and showed that against Westmeath when he came on and set Kelly up for the insurance point. It will be interesting to see who starts next sunday.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 8:56 pm

Just curious.. was cian Bolton on the panel for the o Byrne cup etc ?
Agree it's nice to have even a plan b big man on the edge of the square, especially against the blanket.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:08 pm

I'd still like to see Podge Fogarty getting a sustained run at some point. He was frequently injured when Geezer was in charge and I felt the team was never set up right during the Ryan era.

In addition to his target man qualities, he has great football ability and can score. His man of the match cameo against Tyrone 2012 showed what he's capable of. Think him at full forward with Kelly and Neil Flynn either side could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Just on Podge. He was dropped because like Ray Cahill and Mikey Conway he was deemed not good enough. He has a back injury but he's not getting it looked after by kildare GAA.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:35 pm

Hmm... I would rank him as least as good as Fionn Dowling I have to say. Bad call from the management if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Sligo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Sligo   Kildare v Sligo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Sligo
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next