Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+74
Sorrynotsorry
totalgaa
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
Pkmie
DONTPULLOUT
Cassanata
moatesports
lillyboy
Flamingo
Onechance
Sam1928
Hang sangich
Fear An Geata
Bulldog
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
bk 1
Lillywhite88
centreback
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
intheback
standhimup
bloodsub
parcel
sarsno1
Hurlerbehindtheditch
OutTheGap
topcat
hawker
Horsebox
LillieLad
learmus
steviegenius
lomond
All_right_in_white
White Bridge
whiteknight
bigball
Loads of Pints
Botch
jim
Lily8
if_in_doubt
murof
Caprea
kelf
shortgrass
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Gaa1928
micky murphy
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
Highball
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Ogie
lilysavage
Taibi
MD
jimmers
Dinny Breen
reichenhall
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
rob11
Rex
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:02 am

And the players got a 15 cent a mile increase.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 8:09 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:

Is that a 15% increase,,,,,,,,,,, a lot more than ordinary folk are getting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 12:21 am

kelf wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:

Is that a 15% increase,,,,,,,,,,,   a lot more than ordinary folk are getting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Increased from 50 cent to 65 cent a mile.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 5:19 am

30% Wow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 9:37 am

Well done to Kildare ladies today. Game could have went either way. An All Ireland final to look forward to again.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 4:32 am

Really enjoyed it. Standard isn't great if I'm being honest but very exciting to watch and fair play to the girls. Some real football families in Kildare - Moolicks, Dowlings, Earlys etc
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:27 pm

The standard of football in the senior game yesterday was breathtaking, and the atmosphere incredible. Long for the days when we are involved in games like that ...
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 8:02 pm

Great game yesterday... I have one gripe however and am interested in opinions on this.. to me Dublin are one of the most defensive teams out there and they play nearly a carbon copy of Donegal from a few years ago in that they swarm defence and break quickly and tackle with great intensity... I personally like this kind of play and hoped Kildare would adopt it this year.
When defending yesterday Dublin more often than not had at least 11-12 players within their 45.
Now my problem is that if any other county does that its called defensive and ruining football but with Dublin the media etc. call it a sweeper system!!!
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 8:50 pm

micky murphy wrote:
Great game yesterday... I have one gripe however and am interested in opinions on this.. to me Dublin are one of the most defensive teams out there and they play nearly a carbon copy of Donegal from a few years ago in that they swarm defence and break quickly and tackle with great intensity... I personally like this kind of play and hoped Kildare would adopt it this year.
When defending yesterday Dublin more often than not had at least 11-12 players within their 45.
Now my problem is that if any other county does that its called defensive and ruining football but with Dublin the media etc. call it a sweeper system!!!

Its a minor gripe. Dublin run up huge scores every game. Philly McMahon (member of their FB line) scores in every game. They lost their best attacking defender this year. They play a defensive system with a sweeper but would I consider them a cynical, defensive team? No I wouldn't in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:27 pm

Wow, just wow from yesterday. We are a million miles from what we witnessed yesterday. One of the greatest games ive ever witnessed, the occasion lived up to the hype. Fair play to Kerry, they gave it one hell of a rattle but I never truly ever felt Dublin would lose the game even after the 10 minutes of madness at the end of the first half.

Regardless of talent on display yesterday what probably depresses me the most is the lack of intensity that the current Kildare team play with.

A joy to behold yesterday, Gaelic games at its finest. Couple of questionable decisions went against Kerry near the end but overall I thought that the ref had a fine game.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Brilliant game, we don't see enough of them during the summer.

Thought the referee was OK, he certainly didn't have a fine game, that's stretching it a bit. The tackle on Crowley at the end was a free within scoreable distance, instead Dublin went down the other end and scored. That was the turning point in the game and he messed it up. The black card rule was completely ignored yesterday, thankfully. Hopefully sense prevails during the Winter and it's scrapped, it adds nothing to the game.

Also, I find it amazing Hawkeye is used to rule on points but not goals. Imagine the uproar had that goal been disallowed.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 2:23 am

I thought the ref gave dublin some very soft frees especially in the 2nd half.
Some odd decision by fitzmaurice, taking off geaney, and only introducing o donoghue in the 2nd half.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 9:01 pm

I thought Dublin were brilliant and if the teams played over the next seven days, they'd win by 10 points on six of them. They certainly had a wobble and half time was badly needed... The way they won it has only added to their status.

Kerry gonna lose a lot of lads and probably a manager but as we've seen over the last couple of years, they have a few to step up. Remain the closest challengers to the Dubs.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 9:59 pm

Theres no doubt Fitzmaurice is a fine manager but he has made a couple of bizarre decisions in his matches against Dublin. Last year he took of O'Donoghue who had been Kerrys best forward and this year he took of Geaney who had scored i-4. I'm sure he had his reasons but to me it makes no sense to reduce your scoring power against Dublin in a tight game. But then again Micko took of Martin Lynch in the 98 final rather than try him in a different position so maybe its a Kerry thing!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 10:21 pm

Weren't they blaming Cian O' Neill for the loss last year.

Kerry find it very hard to look at themselves and admit they are just not good enough to beat Dublin, but they are just going to have to come to terms with it as Dublin are 8 points a better team. Apart from Cluxton's 5 min brain fade Dublin were miles ahead and as Ogie rightly points out if played tomorrow Dublin would win by 8-10 points pulling up.

As for the final it will be more Mayo misery and further away than ever with Dublin winning by 7 at least.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 11:46 pm

Spot on Rex. Agree on all counts. It's quite amusing (if a little sad) to read Mayo fans on social media. They actually think their form is irrelevant this year and they're just going to flick a switch and get back to the level they were at in last year's semi final. And that if they get into a good position their players will suddenly find the cold-blooded cuteness of winners when they've been losers for the last 5 or 6 years. The panic that went through that Mayo team when they were about to beat Tyrone. Only for woeful shooting by Tyrone they'd have gone at that stage. I guess we'd be the same if we ever reached a final again but talk about being blind to reality. Dublin by at least 8. Hope I'm wrong actually but Mayo are just a higher quality version of Kildare.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 12:10 am

Mayo's only hope is to score at least 3 goals. Kerry came close to beating Dublin last sunday and also in 2013 by scoring early goals. It seems to be the only way to rattle Dublin and Cluxton in particular seems to get rattled easily.
If Kildare are to survive in Div 2 next year then we will need to develop a goal scorng side to our game that wasn't in evidence this year. The sloppy displays in Div 3 wont suffice against the much better teams that we will meet.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 8:11 am

Can anyone confirm that Sean Hurley was released from his contract today?
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 8:31 am

lillyboy wrote:
Can anyone confirm that Sean Hurley was released from his contract today?

Yeah it's true.

Delisted by Fremantle, been struggling with injury the last few months so probably unlikely that another team will pick him up as a free agent
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 5:48 am

Did ya ever see anything as miserable as the all stars recieving their awards.. maybe there's no free bar.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:06 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Did ya ever see anything as miserable as the all stars recieving their awards.. maybe there's no free bar.

Its an awkward format for the show as the lads chosen have to just stand at the front of the stage facing the crowd, cameras and lights for a good few minutes just staring into space. There was never a free bar but at least when it was in Citywest when they got their award they all sat on couches behind the presenters and chatted to each other. Seemed to work much better.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 10:33 am

I see tonight that there are several reports on Twitter that Dermot Earley is set to be announced as new CEO of the GPA tomorrow. A great appointment if true.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 11:04 am

A worrying organisation that he is heading up!
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 6:33 pm

Whats so worring about it Tommy or are you just anti everything?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Lily8 wrote:
I see tonight that there are several reports on Twitter that Dermot Earley is set to be announced as new CEO of the GPA tomorrow. A great appointment if true.

Is this a full time position, world Dermot be resigning from the army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next