Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+74
Sorrynotsorry
totalgaa
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
Pkmie
DONTPULLOUT
Cassanata
moatesports
lillyboy
Flamingo
Onechance
Sam1928
Hang sangich
Fear An Geata
Bulldog
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
bk 1
Lillywhite88
centreback
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
intheback
standhimup
bloodsub
parcel
sarsno1
Hurlerbehindtheditch
OutTheGap
topcat
hawker
Horsebox
LillieLad
learmus
steviegenius
lomond
All_right_in_white
White Bridge
whiteknight
bigball
Loads of Pints
Botch
jim
Lily8
if_in_doubt
murof
Caprea
kelf
shortgrass
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Gaa1928
micky murphy
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
Highball
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Ogie
lilysavage
Taibi
MD
jimmers
Dinny Breen
reichenhall
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
rob11
Rex
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime2nd February 2018, 2:22 pm

From Shane Cassells TD this morning

Great news this morning that @MeathGAA has got the green light to redevelop Páirc Tailteann into a 21,000 seater stadium. This will make the old ground one of the finest in the country. I've sought financial backing from the new Sports Infrastructure Fund to help make this happen

Looks like St. Conleth’s will be fifrth in the pecking order after Portlaoise, Tullamore, Nolan Park, Navan.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime7th February 2018, 1:51 am

Is there a reason ?.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime8th February 2018, 9:32 am

When you look at the capacity St. Conleths Will be behind all of the above
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime8th February 2018, 1:09 pm

Wexford park also holds 25k.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime9th March 2018, 5:28 pm

See David Gough is referee in all Ireland club football final on Saturday 17
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime5th September 2018, 9:46 am

Lads I am trying to keep this here as I just want other threads to be about Kildare football.

But there is talk now of Dub-proofing football and making changes to the rules to do this. FFS all the rules are in favour of more open football and this will in turn suit the Dubs more than anyone.
They are absolutely not going away and the real concern is that they are the hot ticket in town now in parts of Dublin who were rugby strongholds.
I work with two rugby heads who went to the rugby schools and all that, and now both are involved in underage club committees. The numbers of kids they have involved are scary.
Even if funding is cut they are able to source funds so eaily now as the more affluent are on board, with their connections.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime12th September 2018, 12:29 pm

Congrats to the 3 lads on their All star nominations. If I was Kevin Flynn I think I’d be slightly peeved though
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime12th September 2018, 1:41 pm

jj wrote:
Congrats to the 3 lads on their All star nominations. If I was Kevin Flynn I think I’d be slightly peeved though

Kevin Flynn definitely deserved a nomination.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime14th September 2018, 9:01 am

Well done to all three nominated - Wouldn't be often we have more nominated than Kerry !!
Strikes me how much Kildare are fawned over, so much more so than all other mid tier teams.
Anytime we go on a run we are considered "contenders" and we are always involved in game of the year, goal of the year contenders. Adds to our "bridesmaid" tale over the years...

Anyway, that's an aside. Well done all three. Nice personal boost for them and will also help the team to have further all star nominees to go with Peter Kelly and Feely. Should add confidence.

I imagine Dan is the only one of the lot with a punchers chance of sneaking in.

Paddy Power doesn't even have Eoin Doyle price listed (he is the only back not quoted!) and they also have Paul Cribben listed as Neil Flynn so says a lot for the chances !!

Best of luck lads and enjoy the night
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime14th September 2018, 6:18 pm

As expected Howard and Clifford are nominated for YPOTY.
Jimmy probably going to get some U20 Award id say.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime14th September 2018, 11:23 pm

Congrats to John Ball on being named goalkeeper on the Minor Team of the Year.

Also congrats to Aaron Masterson and Jimmy Hyland for being shortlisted for U-20 player of the year.

To vote for either:

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1040598040334266368?s=12 to retweet for Aaron Masterson

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1040592362081316865?s=12 to retweet for Jimmy Hyland
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime14th September 2018, 11:50 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
Congrats to John Ball on being named goalkeeper on the Minor Team of the Year.

Also congrats to Aaron Masterson and Jimmy Hyland for being shortlisted for U-20 player of the year.

To vote for either:

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1040598040334266368?s=12 to retweet for Aaron Masterson

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1040592362081316865?s=12 to retweet for Jimmy Hyland

It's not seriously decided by a Twitter vote is it?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime15th September 2018, 11:59 am

Looks like it.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime25th September 2018, 12:34 am

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime24th October 2018, 12:58 pm

So FIGHTS!

It is something we haven't spoken about here. I think there should be action taken on scumbag behaviour wherever it happens.
Two lads going at it, or a pile-in of pushing and shoving is one thing, but more serious matters need serious sanctions.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime24th October 2018, 2:20 pm

Agree with that, always was and always will be bust ups due to the nature of our games but taking it off the pitch or lads going on the pitch to fight has to be off limits
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime24th October 2018, 2:25 pm

I would say now listening to radio and that there is no difference being made between a lad getting decked off the ball and handbags.
There needs to be some form of scale when it comes to reaction and overreaction.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime24th October 2018, 3:47 pm

lillyboy wrote:
Agree with that, always was and always will be bust ups due to the nature of our games but taking it off the pitch or lads going on the pitch to fight has to be off limits

Why aren't they happening in rugby?
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime24th October 2018, 4:04 pm

Why is it nearly always Football ?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime24th October 2018, 4:35 pm

From talking to lads at work there's plenty of scraps in rugby but doesn't develop into a riot. Better discipline all round in rugby on and off the pitch. Maybe they impose better sanctions like a club in wexford last year didn't get international tickets after a big dust up
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime24th October 2018, 8:01 pm

I saw far more bust-ups on rugby pitches than on GAA ones. Just all go for pints after..
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime24th October 2018, 9:28 pm

The silence from Croke Park on the issue is deafening, if rules and sanctions need to be changed so be it and it needs to come from the top.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime25th October 2018, 9:46 am

kelf wrote:

I saw far more bust-ups on rugby pitches than on GAA ones.  Just all go for pints after..

When kelf? Would you say a good few years ago? Every major sporting organisation in the world I can think of, in team situations, had this problem. And they all recognised it was no longer acceptable. I'm not saying they never happen but they're hit hard. Aussie rules no longer have the Donnybrooks, the big basketball fights, American football, rugby they used to go all-out thuggery - it's not how you sell your games to parents and the next kids, and it's not how you sell your game to sponsors. So they made the punishments hurt. GAA have not.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime26th October 2018, 5:34 pm

Ogie: When I played !!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime29th October 2018, 10:10 am

More than a good few years ago so!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 32 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next