Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+74
Sorrynotsorry
totalgaa
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
Pkmie
DONTPULLOUT
Cassanata
moatesports
lillyboy
Flamingo
Onechance
Sam1928
Hang sangich
Fear An Geata
Bulldog
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
bk 1
Lillywhite88
centreback
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
intheback
standhimup
bloodsub
parcel
sarsno1
Hurlerbehindtheditch
OutTheGap
topcat
hawker
Horsebox
LillieLad
learmus
steviegenius
lomond
All_right_in_white
White Bridge
whiteknight
bigball
Loads of Pints
Botch
jim
Lily8
if_in_doubt
murof
Caprea
kelf
shortgrass
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Gaa1928
micky murphy
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
Highball
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Ogie
lilysavage
Taibi
MD
jimmers
Dinny Breen
reichenhall
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
rob11
Rex
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 11:00 am

Heard a great interview with Willie McCreary on off the ball about his gaa career and racing a great warrior in the white jersey
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 pm

I am a Kildare man through and through but I have to say that the treatment of Stephen Cluxton with regards to the All Stars awards over the last 5 years is nothing short of disgraceful.

I really feel that he is been penalised for having a low media profile which it appears to have a knock on effect for him in this regard.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 8:45 am

Don't agree with that.

People are blinded by what he has done over the course of his career where he has revolutionized the kickout but All-Stars are given for the best goalkeeper in any given year and there's been a lot of years where he wasn't the best. He tends to have the odd meltdown when things aren't going his way. Beggan was way out in front this year and he hardly has a high media profile.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 9:37 am

Beggan deserved his all star this year but if Cluxton won it nobody could complain. He was very unlucky to lose out in 3 or 4 years before that when he was clearly the best keeper. Not only the best keeper but one of the best players in the game full stop. Clarke got in ahead of him partly as a 2 fingers to Mayo management who dropped him for the replay. (Unimaginable that Dubs would be even consider dropping Cluxton.) I'd say he's a cert next year.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 12:16 am

Well it does the heart good to see a great victory and as good as TMH winning their second Leinster Club title in quick succession is great for themselves and Kildare and I congratulate them on it but Mullinalaghta’s victory was brilliant. David against Goliath, Little v Large call it what you like it was no fluke. On the down side it will give Costello and Co their ammunition to say not all money buys titles. That and Gweedore winning in Ulster shows if you’ve got players and belief you can win titles. No doubt there isn’t a child in school today in Mullinalaghta. Hope they enjoy their celebrations
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 4:02 am

So John Horan is blaming the early exit of Mayo from the championship for playing a big part in the fall of 18% in football attendances in 2018 despite more games being played due to the Super 8's.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0206/1027925-mayos-early-exit-hit-attendances-horan/

They just keep ignoring the writing on the wall.

#newbridgeornowhere
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 5:51 am

I see also in today's report is the news that after all those promises to even out games development money, the GAA had a cunning plan. With income down, they've increased Dublin's allocation from €1.2m in 2017 to €1.3m for 2018.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 12:23 am

Have said it for years if you support the county game you’re a mug. That’s 13 years in a row at least Dublin have received far greater development funds that any other county. Not 4 or 5 years, 13 years! Support your club, leave the county game to dubs and mugs
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 12:28 am

That's year 15 sadly Caprea.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 4:53 am

Just a few questions maybe someone has the answers

Do Home County Boards host league game ??

Who hosts Dublin Home League games in Croke Park ?

If it takes approx 30,000 to go through the turnstiles in CP who picks up the bill for the shortfall ?

I see Hill 16 is open for Dublins league games, how much is Entry to the Hill and to Hogan Stand with and without concessions ?

Why has Hill 16 has not been open for Kildare Leinster championship games in the past ?

Are all Division 1 and Division 2 leagues games now €20 entry without concession ?

To me it seems not only are the Dublin Team and county board getting a leg up from CP but also the supporters.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 5:01 am

totalgaa wrote:
Just a few questions maybe someone has the answers

Do Home County Boards host league game ??

Who hosts Dublin Home League games in Croke Park ? Dublin GAA rent Croke Park for League Matches

If it takes approx 30,000 to go through the turnstiles in CP who picks up the bill for the shortfall ?

I see Hill 16 is open for Dublins league games, how much is Entry to the Hill and to Hogan Stand with and without concessions ? Not on public sale could for Dublin season tickets holders

Why has Hill 16 has not been open for Kildare Leinster championship games in the past  ? Ask Leinster Council

Are all Division 1 and Division 2 leagues games now €20 entry without concession ? €20 for all games

To me it seems not only are the Dublin Team and county board getting a leg up from CP but also the supporters.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 5:12 am

Thanks Newbridgeornowhere, some answers but suprised to see Dublin Season Ticket Holders on the hill on a cold miserable night when surely your season ticket entitles you to a seat in the stand when there is room, as with all other county season ticket holders, my real point is why open Hill 16 at all, when you have a half empty stadium.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 5:26 am

totalgaa wrote:
Thanks Newbridgeornowhere, some answers but suprised to see Dublin Season Ticket Holders on the hill on a cold miserable night when surely your season ticket entitles you to a seat in the stand when there is room, as with all other county season ticket holders, my real point is why open Hill 16 at all, when you have a half empty stadium.
hill 16 tickets are on sale ticket.ie for mayo mayo Match only saying it could be for season tickets holders
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 10:02 pm

I am open to correction but Dublin have their own Parnell park holders season ticket arrangement and I believe many of these choose to buy Hill 16 season tickets rather than stand tickets. I am open to correction on that though.

Just one point on the funding issue, how was the government and G.A.A allowed to ringfence over €1m for coaching in Dublin alone. That is outrageous in my opinion. We have a Dublin president now so I don't expect much to change over his span but this surely can't be allowed to continue. Praise is due to TK who seem to be ploughing a lone furrow on this in terms of media attention.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 11:18 pm

and dont forget the biggest selling gaa jersey is the dubs and they get 5 euro plus vat i believe per jersey sold from oneills ?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 12:13 am

The 30,000 to break even is a bit of a myth. That only applies of all tiers of all stands are open with all vendors operating, police presence for this and so on.
As for government not stepping in, deal was done with Bertie backing it in 2004. Those above figures also don't include €5m of taxpayer money issues through the Department of Sport as a special grant for Dublin. Obviously then on top of the jersey, there's the near €1m a year sponsorship from AIG, they've 12 other parners including an official airline in Aer Lingus that are providing money and so on.
Seemingly though we are just bitter and don't understand the challenges they face.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 12:24 am

The Dub dominance is single biggest issue facing football and instead we're debating straw men like handpass rule and similar crap.

If things continue as they are, football as we know will be dead within 20 years. I can foresee a scenario where level of public interest is akin to PRO14 group games.

Definitely I can foresee a situation in next 10 years where I stop going. And believe me, if a supporter like me loses interest, football is truly f****d.

But it's 100 percent GAA's fault - can't say we didn't warn them.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 12:25 am

PS Someone above said that Dublin pay rent on Croke Park. I've had sources suggest otherwise. Cannot confirm but the GAA refuse to show me where that is in accounts around their league games. Lastly the great Dublin defence is that they get their money from GAA, rest from provincial councils. Under games development money, literally the only county mentioned in Leinster accounts is under "Dublin Coaching Project" which is another quarter of a million each year.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 12:28 am

County boards up and down country should be rioting over Dubs' finances, resources and home advantage. Jesus Christ it took us staging a campaign on here last summer to get fair play over Newbridge Or Nowhere.

And why the f**k are Dubs still playing pre-Leinster final games in Croke Park?! Playing us in Newbridge would be good start on way to making Leinster championship competitive again & rekindling public interest.

Just goes to show the utter incompetence of county boards. They are useless.

And don't give the brain-dead "Well why don't run yourself" drivel. Anyone with half a brain can see Dublin are the biggest problem in football.

To repeat: county boards are useless.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 1:30 am

well if its kildare v dubs in leinster semi final this year play it in newbridge and no kildare people would get a ticket or very few , catering for dublins season ticket holders would be impossible ,so it is already fixed for croke park .
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 1:36 am

I didn't get a ticket for Mayo game last year and didn't care - what that win did for football in the county was more invaluable than the few shillings extra we would have got playing in Croker.

If we do play Dubs in Leinster semi this year, obviously can't be in Newbridge due to redevelopment. But that game should 100 percent not be in Croke Park - should be in Tullamore or Portlaoise. It's f*****g LEINSTER championship not the Dublin-Croke Park championship.

Hopefully, we can start a campaign to get that game moved when time comes around. Also, we need to start ball rolling on splitting Dublin and redistributing finances more equally. Those are the next big issues post-Newbridge Or Nowhere. I am DEADLY SERIOUS about this. If you remove traditional Kerry-Dublin rivalry, ourselves & Mayo only counties left who'll stand up to them.

We're not bending the knee to them, on or off the field. We never have. We never will.

Will be returning to these subjects later in the year.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Carlow beat us in first round last year.

Last edited by HauntedGraffiti on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 1:41 am

Haunted so true and too many people were thinking about Leinster Finals and the Dubs etc. last year and forgot about what Carlow could do!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 8:35 am

https://soundcloud.com/sportsjoe-gaa-hour/special-episode-director-general-tom-ryan-interview

That is incredible. Tom Ryan says that only Dublin fund half the GDOs themselves, the rest don't, thus that's their fault. (Leinster Council says we fund half ours as do all others, can someone tell me if this is correct). Then says Dublin fund the GAA so they couldn't be taking money from them. Basically ends up admitting that Dublin run the GAA and there's nothing they can do. Also blames Leinster attendence fall offs on Kildare and Meath and Laois and Offaly not stepping up to the mark.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 6:43 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
PS Someone above said that Dublin pay rent on Croke Park. I've had sources suggest otherwise. Cannot confirm but the GAA refuse to show me where that is in accounts around their league games. Lastly the great Dublin defence is that they get their money from GAA, rest from provincial councils. Under games development money, literally the only county mentioned in Leinster accounts is under "Dublin Coaching Project" which is another quarter of a million each year.

Considering the national leagues are run by Central Council, I'd be surprised if they did anyway. IIRC it's usually the other way around, IE the home county either keeps or is subsequently refunded a portion of the gate receipts to cover their operating costs. So you'd imagine that in Dublin's case, they just don't get this portion of gate receipts.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 2:12 am

So one club semi done and dusted. Corofin just have that extra bit of class in more areas of the pitch and were able to pick Gaoth Dobhair off. In fairness in the first half there were a couple of diving last-ditch interceptions too.

On a couple of other points of note:
Kevin Cassidy is a beast of man, but apart from his strength it's his footwork and ability on the turn that seems to have improved.

I know Corofin were calling Healy out last year for simulation but glass feckin houses! There were a couple of very bad ones today.
No 12 must have the biggest flute in Ireland coz when he got hit on the knee he went down holding his!
Just v v bad to see and it's not new either, but something should be done to stop cheating like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next