Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+74
Sorrynotsorry
totalgaa
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
Pkmie
DONTPULLOUT
Cassanata
moatesports
lillyboy
Flamingo
Onechance
Sam1928
Hang sangich
Fear An Geata
Bulldog
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
bk 1
Lillywhite88
centreback
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
intheback
standhimup
bloodsub
parcel
sarsno1
Hurlerbehindtheditch
OutTheGap
topcat
hawker
Horsebox
LillieLad
learmus
steviegenius
lomond
All_right_in_white
White Bridge
whiteknight
bigball
Loads of Pints
Botch
jim
Lily8
if_in_doubt
murof
Caprea
kelf
shortgrass
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Gaa1928
micky murphy
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
Highball
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Ogie
lilysavage
Taibi
MD
jimmers
Dinny Breen
reichenhall
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
rob11
Rex
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 10:24 pm

As Tommy says, in the context of a financial powerhouse in our own province buying titles, it's not a good look.

But I think it's good that it is actually contentious, if that makes sense. If there was no dissent I'd be more worried.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 7:31 pm

The Courtney clan not too happy HG Very Happy
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 9:13 pm

Ah here Dubs are back in the clubs and there are 2 pages on the Premier League fantasy...… wtf is going on here people!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 9:21 pm

Tommy also comes up in latest GAA Hour with Johnny Doyle... Colm Parkinson rightly calling it out.

Actually going to Dublin-Mayo tomorrow. I think Mayo are going to win – yes you read that right.

In any event, will be good to see a team of warriors sew it into them as opposed to our pathetic capitulation this year.

Btw Tommy you might enjoy this it's the kind of stuff you'd write...

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0806/1067286-folk-hero-dermo-the-modern-answer-to-keaveney/
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Hope you are right. I think it could be an annihalation but double digits. Hope I'm wrong. Enjoy it, if it's close it'll be some atmosphere!
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 9:56 pm

When "Dermo" opens the new stand in Conleths we know all is lost.......
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 4:53 am

The final nail in the coffin - Mayo the only team that have put it up to Dublin this decade blitzed away today

As one of our friends on here said today on twitter..........
..............Mayo - the best amateur team this decade..................
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 5:04 am

I was conviced Mayo were going to win at half-time... Still some group of men.

Dubs some team & Fenton a horse of a player... Unfortunately each double digit victory this team records is bringing Dublin one step closer to the end - Kildare were the canary in the goldmine & now the rest of the country getting their fill.

The split will happen in the next decade. If they do the five in a row, I’d give it about five years.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 5:53 am

Looking forward to Sunday Game analysis tomoz...

“Teams need to do more to consistently get to Dublin’s level...”

Yeah, they need a bigger population, plus the finances, resources & permanent home advantage.

And Richard Bruton expects us all to pay for this rubbish.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 2:15 pm

I just can’t get my head around the Kilkenny in Moorefield thing. Sure why don’t we pack it in and become a feeder county for them.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 9:28 pm

So before the game the talk was how little competition the Dubs have had in Leinster and their average winning margin has been this year.
Of course the fact that they blitzed the Super 8s and have hammered most teams in recent years isn't mentioned in the same point.
It's not a Leinster issue but admitting that would lead to the bigger debate about how fucked football is.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 12:04 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
I just can’t get my head around the Kilkenny in Moorefield thing. Sure why don’t we pack it in and become a feeder county for them.

It's ok the kids loved it..
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 12:33 am

Judging by the all out attacks Moorefielders have been aiming at McKenna in Twitter it hit a nerve.
Don’t give me this “he’s a great role model” etc shite. We have them in our own county.
Similarly, the rattling off of kildare names that have been thrown out, as if to trade off against Kilkenny’s name and make it ok?
Make no mistake about it, Kildare are in a battle for the hearts and minds of young people in the county, who’s parents have re entry moved here. Do you support a team that never wins? Or support the team of your parents that always wins?
And if it’s the second one... Why the hell would a club put the poster boy of that team on front of them IN KILDARE? It’s laughable really.
Sure why bother competing if that’s the case? That’s not to mention the other clubs in Kildare that have done similar things?
Our kid’s heroes should be the home grown players who burst their arses every year with little or no reward.
Not a player from our biggest rivals.
Would Corofin have Aidan O’Shea at their club?
Would Crossmaglen have Peter Harte at their club?
Would Nemo have David Clifford at their club?
I think not.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 1:14 am

The people in Moorefield who still stand over it can say what they like but all they are doing is adding to the glamour & sponsorship appeal of Dublin. That is the reality.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 7:36 am

Lowest semi-final attendance in 23 years. Hopefully we're getting closer to the point where the suits will finally sit up and take notice but I'm doubtful. They'll keep fiddling while Rome burns. Their best idea is likely to be another ticket price hike.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 9:11 am

Honestly it's all v meh.
Even the hurling final with Tipp v KK is harder to get excited about.
The football spin has begun. Two great teams. Legendary rivalries, etc.
Reality is if Kerry leave that much space at the back they will be destroyed. Moran will be flat out trying to stop Fenton.
Awful state of affairs.

-------

https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1694
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40