Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 1:28 am

Unusually we all agree here!
Well done to all involved and really looking forward to seeing this all come to fruition.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 2:05 am

Positive news and hopefully worth the wait.

The only slight concern may be the fact the application submitted was for €6,500,000 but you'd imagine there was some sort of contingency in place for a lesser amount being awarded.

Well done to all involved in getting it this far and fingers crossed things can start to progress as soon as possible after the league.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 4:56 am

Well done to everyone involved, but as they say the hard work can now start. Let's get it built and built properly, no half arsed job.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 5:05 am

Excellent news, for those who have followed this closer than me, can you advise the next step(S) job put out to tender? When would they hope to have contracts signed and finally work started?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star
Fear An Geata

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 5:48 am

topcat wrote:
Excellent news, for those who have followed this closer than me, can you advise the next step(S) job put out to tender? When would they hope to have contracts signed and finally work started?

As far as I know they have been ready to put it out to tender for some time but were just waiting for this grant from Govt. So expect an announcement imminently. I believe they're hoping to start work in June and the project will take approx. 12 months to complete.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 6:24 am

Great news, one downside is if there wasn't the light issue behind the terrace opposite the current stand, would have been great to put the new stand there and keep the existing stand, would've made for an interesting venue and covered and seated down both touchlines. But anyway, that's just my fascination with stadia. Also, not likely I know but Athy for 2020 league anyone? (Others nominate club venues for league games so no idea what h&s is in regards to this.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 6:40 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Also, not likely I know but Athy for 2020 league anyone? (Others nominate club venues for league games so no idea what h&s is in regards to this.

Be interesting to know if the possibility to host games in Conleth's using just the terraces has been explored at all.

Changing rooms and the officials room aren't housed in the stand. Bar the commentary / media box is there anything in the stand at the moment that couldn't be accommodated elsewhere in the ground?

I'd imagine there's little to no chance of it happening, season tickets specifying a "seat" for each holder seems like the perfect excuse for the GAA to block such a move.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 8:06 am

Great to hear that news...…..

Lots of folk did the donkey work from what I heard..

Take a bow all and get your shovels out !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 7:15 pm

When the stand in Longford was out of commission they still played their games in Pearse Park I remember Kildare definitely playing there anyway so maybe playing away in Conleth’s is an option but I think part of the plans is to make the pitch longer and wider so maybe it’s a non runner.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 3:10 am

Delighted with this news. The benefits to the playing and spectator side of things will be huge. A decent stand with proper player and supporter facilities and floodlighting will be immense to have.
Aside from that, I think Kildare GAA should now have a much strengthened commercial base. A venue that can be used to promote our county and our teams as well as a focal point for sponsors and potential investors will be invaluable if future county boards are savvy enough.

The potential of St. Conleths as a venue could also prove very significant.

I’m also delighted to see we have also gone down the road of sustainability and the plans seem to focus on meeting our needs and our requirements rather than build something grand. It should aid in matchday enjoyment.

I’m one of those who believe floodlights and a new stand, complete with dressing room and spectator facilities as well as some event hosing facilities would be plenty. The terraces on the other 3 sides are very much fit for purpose and once facilities are upgraded, Newbridge could be a great little venue, perfect for club and county matches alike.

It will be interesting to see Meaths plans. They seem to be looking at a large scale development – I have read 21,000 seats. They obviously have a much bigger stadium footprint on which to develop and this allows them the opportunity to build bigger but to what aim and at what expense.

How many times do they envisage using the full capacity? What will it take from clubs and grass roots football? A €6 / 7 million grant will have to be met with at least that amount from Meath GAA themselves - as will our grant, no doubt.

Maybe a 25,000 / 30,000 capacity venue in Navan would see Leinster Finals being moved out of Croke Park. If that is to be the case I would be delighted for it to happen.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2020 9:52 pm

Have to say well done to all involved here so far the scale is right for us and if i remember originally there was no lights i would have questioned the viability but now to me the size and lights is virtually perfect for what Kildare GAA need bearing in mind also that club championship game will make up for the biggest amount of game played here and at this size there will still be an atmosphere for the club players who make up the majority of players in our county...… will create a great atmosphere on county final day...… or whos for a county final night under lights...
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2020 1:13 am

things looking up hopefully a div 1 team by when finished ,and plenty of new sponsors for the teams in kildare with full houses in newbridge
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Badger85
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 1:50 am

I see there’s a big push on at the moment to help fund the new facilities.
You can pay monthly too.
Hopefully many more will sign up, now that there’s something tangible to aim for.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 2:32 am

Quick query... Does anyone know which if any of these are the actual plans as there are at least two completely different redevelopments shown here?
https://kildaregaa.ie/st-conleths-park-re-development-project-kildare-2020-vision/
Back to top Go down
Newbridgeornowhere
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 3:22 am

There plans plus widening of pitch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: