Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Westmeath challenge match

Go down 
+3
kildaregaa365
bigball
Jimmy winning matches
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 9:22 am

Kilcullen. December 9
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Interested to see the new faces involved
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Throw in 2pm.

Only in Ireland would a club launch their new floodlights with a match played in daylight.

Seriously, I’m sure there’s a good reason. Won’t make it unfortunately at that time but good luck to them and good luck to the new panellists.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:14 am

Was to be a 7pm throw in but Westmeath wanted it earlier
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 12:33 am

There you are — knew there must be a reason. Feck WM anyway - I could have gone in the evening.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 am

Has podge fogarty being called into the panel? Thought he might have been after his display for kildare juniors last year
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 7:44 am

bigball wrote:
Has podge fogarty being called into the panel? Thought he might have been after his display for kildare juniors last year
no never got recall back into Panel. He only played one for Kildare juniors
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 10:34 pm

kildaregaa365 wrote:

Only in Ireland would a club launch their new floodlights with a match played in daylight.

Fell around the place laughing at that.

Fogarty should be in the squad all day long.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 5:32 am

teams would counter off him all day. good enough with ball in hand no doubt. without the ball does nt work near hard enough.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 3:41 am

Would disagree Sarsno – I think he has terrific ability and although he's not pacy, I think he does work hard, has a good attitude.

Anyway... Re first league match – Dubs are actually going on holiday even later this year than last year – although I don't expect it to make too much difference tbh.

Gavin is absolutely insistent that standards don't drop, so I expect them to put in a strong performance no matter what. It's great to be back in Div 1 though I have to say.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:01 am

Lads (&ladies) if anyone fancies having a go at a match report/ fan’s view write up on the match tomorrow I’d happily put it up on the website - can’t go myself. Send me a DM or email to kildaregaa365@gmail.com if interested. We had a few guest writers last year - the more views the merrier. Ho ho ho..
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:05 am

Ps I’m with HG on Fogarty. Offers us something different up front even to come in as a sub when the game opens up. How many players have won a big match for us in Croke Park the way Podge did v Tyrone in 2012. None that I can recall. I know 6 years ago now almost but he’s young still. Andy Moran doesn’t spend the game chasing corner backs up the pitch and he just won footballer of the year.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 3:00 am

I know I am going to get slated on this, but hold off a bit as I do rate him.
Fogarty has dined out on that game a long time, but he can be sooo frustrating to watch at times. What he did that day was pull the trigger and trust his boot. He drives me insane when he takes a needless turn or play of the ball.

My frustration comes from a good place I suppose. The thing is with Flynn surely being well-marshaled this year, another option would be good so as to allow Flynn roam as the games progress.

There is serious competition up front and it would be great to get a bolter like Slattery coming through. In fairness, not many saw him raising his game so much last year.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:10 am

All fair points Flamingo and with the likes of Sherry, Hyland, Woodgate, McLoughlin, Lawless to add to Healy, McCormack, Neil and Dan Flynn, we do have a fair number of options in the inside line. Just think Podge is a different animal to each of those in terms of combining physical presence, good hands and as you say a devastating finish if he trusts himself to almost shoot in sight. Don’t think he’s been “dining out” as such. Had injury issues, College / army diversions to deal with more than anything else.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:23 am

Dont think woodgate on panel
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:29 am

Ok. My understanding was he was on panel that finished last season & when Cian announced the new joiners and leavers he said Moorefield and Raheens names would be added later.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:33 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
All fair points Flamingo and with the likes of Sherry, Hyland, Woodgate, McLoughlin, Lawless to add to Healy, McCormack, Neil and Dan Flynn, we do have a fair number of options in the inside line. Just think Podge is a different animal to each of those in terms of combining physical presence, good hands and as you say a devastating finish if he trusts himself to almost shoot in sight. Don’t think he’s been “dining out” as such. Had injury issues, College / army diversions to deal with more than anything else.

Apologies dining out was harsh and in actual fact, it is more the fans pointing to it.
I am sure he isn't in the Larries clubhouse, cigar in one hand, brandy in the other telling everyone about that match every second week. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 9:19 am

Is fionn dowling on panel?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 10:47 am

Yes he is. At least he wasn’t announced as one of the dearly departed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Westmeath challenge match   Kildare v Westmeath challenge match Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Westmeath challenge match
Page 1 of 1