Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare U20s

Go down 
+47
steviegenius
Bángoléir
Ogie
white boy
KILL BILL
if_in_doubt
fatherted
FearBan
lilywhites on tour
Cilldara_2000
topcat
kelf
Taibi
Fear An Geata
Highball
johnsmyth
flourman
bite the pillow
kickingking
moatesports
lillyboy
learmus
squire
lilysavage
micky murphy
jj
Big Full Back
murof
Kildaretothebone
smokey
maccie
TommyKeegan
sarsno1
OutTheGap
kildaregaa365
LillieLad
Jimmy winning matches
bigball
Kildare98
jimmers
Xavi
Shergar
Captain1928
Gaa1928
Rex
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare U20s - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 7:37 pm

Absolutely brilliant win. I was thinking of the stand out players and have to say there was so many and such a great team ethic.
McCloughlin was excellent his retention and use of the ball was pivotal.
O Neill was fouled in that last play otherwise he was extremely confident and the kick outs were spot on.
The manager deserves great credit, the tactics and attitude was top class.
When Kildare won the u21 in 2013 they really stumbled over the line, the tactics were dreadful. This was a different level it’s very promising!
Hopefully the Seniors follow up last weeks win this evening.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Echo everything said on here - what a wonderful win for the young Lillies - bullied the dubs all over the field - a magic performance and one of the best I’ve ever seen against a Dublin side.

O neill is a serious talent in goals , surely a certain senior starter for years to come . Great performances all over the field none more so than jimmy up front what a talent.

Enjoy the victory lads and hopefully it’s the first of 4 this week end
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Echo everything that's been said, a brilliant performance with brilliant football to boot. No puke football here. The next step is to go a level higher than previous teams and get to an All Ireland final. The talent is there, its about showing it on the day. What a couple of weeks it's been.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 8:15 pm

flourman wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

I think a problem is that Kildare teams generally don't start out with the ambition of winning an All Ireland so we look a bit lost when we get into knockout stages.

This is definitely the problem, beating Dublin at any grade is seen as the holy grail, but hopefully these guys can kick on and avenge the scutchying they got from Kerry in '16.
Kildare were only 4 points down in that game 10 minutes into the second half, so it's not as if they were outclassed from start to finish.
Kerry really kicked on in the last 20 mins and our lads' heads probably dropped a little bit.

I'd agree with that flourman. We tried to go man to man with. Kerry team that included Clifford amongst others and it eventually caught up on us. Something tells me this managerial team will be a bit cuter
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 8:29 pm

I think great credit has to go to the management for last nights win. So often when we play Dublin, our best players are kept quiet, their best players run riot and we look naive. The exact opposite happened last night, their best players were marked out of it and they couldn't stop Jimmy Hyland. I couldn't believe how Dublin didn't push up on us more in the second half when we were so far ahead.

When you see the improvement in players like Padraig Nash (what a point in the 2nd half) it's a credit to the work being done on the training ground. Well done all - onwards and upwards!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 9:07 pm

John O’Toole was wearing the no. 5 jersey in the half time kick around by the subs. Did he replace Comerford in the match day 24
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 9:33 pm

Well done to all. That's a serious team. Davy Burke has a lot of admirers, a future senior manager in the making perhaps?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 12:35 am

Fear An Geata wrote:
John O’Toole was wearing the no. 5 jersey in the half time kick around by the subs. Did he replace Comerford in the match day 24

Think that's what happened alright.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 12:40 am

jj wrote:
ref was an absolute joke and thank god it wasn't a close game or I'd have feared the worst

johnsmyth wrote:

O Neill was fouled in that last play otherwise he was extremely confident and the kick outs were spot on.

He was BRUTAL and how he he still on the List is a mystery.....

Last 2 Dub points were good example.......

Ke forward taken out, TG4 commentator made a specific comment on it, Dubs went up & scored.

Then O'Neill soloing out, grabbed by the left arm and swung to the ground. Blatant but the Wickla Man was only icheing to give it against him.

I detest this type of reffing......

It was a great display and am happy I went and was able to rewatch the recording later.

P Nash making a FOOL of the Dub number 2 in front of the stand was only brilliant and carrying on to score made it even better.

That Number 2 was acting the thug even before the game started , manufactured a booking for Nash, so KARMA, a real bitch !!!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 1:29 am

kelf wrote:
jj wrote:
ref was an absolute joke and thank god it wasn't a close game or I'd have feared the worst

johnsmyth wrote:

He was BRUTAL   and how he he still on the List is a mystery.....

Last 2 Dub points were good example.......

Ke forward taken out, TG4 commentator made a specific comment on it, Dubs went up & scored.

Then O'Neill soloing out, grabbed by the left arm and swung to the ground. Blatant  but the Wickla Man was only icheing to give  it against him.

I detest this type of reffing......

It was a great display and am happy I went and was able to rewatch the recording later.

P Nash making a FOOL  of the Dub number 2 in front of the stand was only brilliant and carrying on to score made it even better.

That Number 2 was acting the thug even before the game started , manufactured a booking for Nash, so KARMA, a real bitch !!!

I really hope Nash gave the prick a good pat on the head after the game.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 10:49 am

No better Man Taibi.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2018 10:09 pm

He is some operator Seamus . Top class .
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 11:03 am

Is the Match v Kerry in Croker next weekend ?.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 5:41 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Is the Match v Kerry in Croker next weekend  ?.

That's the rumour I heard. Makes sense with the 2 teams involved.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Anybody have any good reason as to why this game has not been fixed for Croker, Thurles or #NewbridgeorNowhere yet? Game is due to be on this weekend, GAA have known since Friday night who the teams were, have known since Saturday evening that Kildare and Kerry were going to be in the same Super 8 groups and both senior teams would be in Croker Sunday.

It seems so obvious to fix it for Croker at 12, I can't understand the delay at all.

Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 8:40 pm

CCCC don't meet until around lunch time on Monday (they don't just make it up after each game over a weekend) so I'd say cool the jets and we'll see. It's not the case that it hasn't been fixed for Croke Park, it hasn't been fixed for anywhere yet.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Thanks very much for the clarification Cilldara_2000
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 9:38 pm

Im hearing 12 on Sunday.. be great if so.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Brilliant performance and great work rate to comfortably beat a Dublin side and a dub loving referee..........
Great if on Sunday at 12 common sense will prevail for both teams and give the lads an extra bit of recovery which will be badly needed
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 12:09 am

Greatest satisfaction was seeing Nash lash out at that Dublin p**** who patted him on the back. How condescending was that? They thought that they had to do was turn up. Fookin delighted. Up the young Lilies!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 am

Kerry no doubt will be a step up again.. but confidence must be high after trashing the dubs.. looking forward to another great weekend.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 1:41 am

Limerick at 4PM on Saturday.........
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 2:12 am

Ah that's some joke.. Kerry and kildare Senior Teams in Croker Sunday and they do this. ffs.
They probably have the Mayo v Derry match in Croker Sunday so.

The CB have also fixed SFL Matches for Saturday Evening at 6pm.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Ah that's some joke.. Kerry and kildare Senior Teams in Croker Sunday and they do this. ffs.
They probably have the Mayo v Derry match in Croker Sunday so.

The CB have also fixed SFL Matches for Saturday Evening at 6pm.

I presume it will be a double header with the hurlers. Incidentally, I don't hear any clamour to get the hurlers into Croke Park next Sunday?!?)

In fairness, the Kerry Juniors traveled to Navan on Saturday so not very fair to ask U20 to travel also.

Limerick is fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 2:33 am

FearBan wrote:
.... I presume it will be a double header with the hurlers. ....

Yes, this is now up on the GAA website. U21 hurlers vs Kerry at 2pm also in Limerick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare U20s
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next