Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare U20s

Go down 
+47
steviegenius
Bángoléir
Ogie
white boy
KILL BILL
if_in_doubt
fatherted
FearBan
lilywhites on tour
Cilldara_2000
topcat
kelf
Taibi
Fear An Geata
Highball
johnsmyth
flourman
bite the pillow
kickingking
moatesports
lillyboy
learmus
squire
lilysavage
micky murphy
jj
Big Full Back
murof
Kildaretothebone
smokey
maccie
TommyKeegan
sarsno1
OutTheGap
kildaregaa365
LillieLad
Jimmy winning matches
bigball
Kildare98
jimmers
Xavi
Shergar
Captain1928
Gaa1928
Rex
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare U20s - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 1:01 am

Holy fucking fuck.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 1:26 am

All Star for Jimmy Hyland, HG ??

What a performance again from such a young lad.

Hope someone’s starting work on the statue in Ballyteague.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 1:35 am

I was up celebrating in the Hogan when they got the cup & hugged Hyland, McLoughlin & O'Neill like they were my brothers.

So, so happy & thrilled!!!
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 2:33 am

Thank God I've lived long enough to hear the Curragh of Kildale after an all Ireland final, delighted for all involved
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 2:48 am

Great day and and a tremendous way to end a really memorable summer for Kildare football. Great first half and had to dig it out at the end - immediate reaction after the final whistle was relief followed by ABSOLUTE ELATION!! And what more can you say about Jimmy Hyland that hasn't been said. And that save by Aaron O'Neill near the end was so crucial.

Any day you win an ALL IRELAND title is a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 3:26 am

Just in the door from the match. Absolutely fantastic achievement by all involved. Well done to team, management and all who made this great day possible. This group of players over the last few years have proven themselves to be winners. Did it the hard way as well, in beating all the fancied teams along the way. What can you say about Jimmy Hyland. He is our David Clifford but possibly even better !!! KildareGaa365, i'm lovin the statue comment. Hanlon Concrete have the contract !!! P.S. Team arriving at Osprey Hotel 6.15. Get down there and cheer the lads in. P.P.S.  Not our problem but never in my lifetime saw a player push a ref not once but twice. Methinks it will be a long time before he wears the green and red again !
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 4:06 am

That's my first time ever to see a Kildare team win an All-Ireland and I'm so happy! A massive well done and thanks to the team and management for making it happen!

What can you say about Jimmy Hyland that hasn't been said already? 0-8 against Dublin, 1-8 against Kerry and 0-10 today. He is a joy to watch. I'd worry a bit about how he'd do against the blanket defenses at senior level but that's for another day. Aaron O'Neill and Aaron Masterson were outstanding as well. I thought Tony Archbold was excellent as well today, winning lots of dirty ball. Mastersons speech was very good as well.

Congratulations again lads - ye are a credit to the county. Cill Dara abu.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 4:07 am

The great thing about Hyland is that apart from his obvious special talent is that he keeps on improvingl. I like the way Masterson steps up every time Kildare are under pressure and fetches a ball from the sky. A mention should go to Cian O'Neill for resisting the temptation to play some of these talented U20's and leaving them eligible for U20.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:02 am

A truly great Day that'll live long in the memory.. thanks to Team and Management. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Bángoléir
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:23 am

Jimmy Hyland has obviously been an absolute star all year (nd in other years) but I think there's other lads that deserve a mention

Aaron O'Neill - what a save, and very composed under those high balls late on

Aaron Masterson - marks like Feely, leads like Doyle

Paddy Woodgate - has been good all season but really turned it on today. Dropping deep to win a huge amount of ball and gave some brilliant foot passes into the two boys inside

Brian McLoughlin - lorry the ball into him and good stuff happens all day long

I could and should go on (Dempsey, Nash....) but need to watch it back with sober eyes first!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:30 am

Very impressed with Barrett and Archibald.. aswell as the obvious.
Woodgate delivery was also excellent.
Overall they play a lovely brand of Football.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:34 am

Anyone get a good look at the early black card we got? Seemed very harsh to me.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:39 am

Massively harsh murof ...

A proud proud day , congrats to one and all - a wonderful achievement 53 years in the making.

The monkey is off their backs - played with such freedom - that first half was possibly the highest standard of score taking I’ve ever witnessed
Back to top Go down
Bángoléir
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:50 am

The stats provided by TG4 would back that up, highball

First half, remember this is only 30 mins;
Scoring chances - 16
Score - 1-13
Kick passes - 39
Hand passes - 48
Kickouts - 12 (Mayo 15)
Marks - 2
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 6:36 am

For the first time in my life time I can say Kildareare All Ireland champions, well done to everyone involved!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 7:14 am

What a day. Unbelievable that we can say we are All Ireland champions. Let's just put this into perspective as to what these lads have done. 53 years of minor, junior, u21's and Senior. Think of all the players and teams that have played, some of the greatest Kildare players never managed to cross the line. But these lads did. It was no gimme All Ireland either. They beat Dublin,  Kerry and Mayo to win it and beat all of them well.

To be honest it hasn't sunk in. My father was still a teenager when we last won one he's in his 70's now. It's hard to get my head around the time scale involved. If you were in your late 20's early 30's when we last won an All Ireland you would most likely never have seen another title. It's crazy stuff.

There is no point going over the match as each player is a warrior and hero. They will forever be remembered.

All I can say is thank you to all of them and the management. You made me very happy and proud today.

Last edited by Rex on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 7:16 am

Just to add to earlier comments....i know we shouldn't be singling out individual players on such a great day as this but i thought Padraig Nash had a blinder. Linking play and winning "dirty ball" will never win you man of the match but they are the jobs that get your team over the line. There was a great reception for the lads at the Osprey... hope they are enjoying the grub and well-deserved pints. So proud to be a Lily tonight !!!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 7:51 am

Great win. First 20 minutes was top class. Leaders stepped up then in 2nd half when going got tough. Well done all.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 9:29 am

It was champagne shooting from both sides in the first 30 , nearly a score a minute with barely any errors in front of the posts - the mix of direct kick passing and hand passing was outstanding.

Well done young men , over 30 years following all sides and the first all Ireland win . As mentioned above , think of the many many Kildare legends over the past half century who never got over the line .

Astonishing performances this season - you guys did yourselves and your county proud.

A great great day to be a kildare man
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 9:43 am

Just heard Pat Spillane say he’s love to manage Kildare if he had a choice because of our conveyor belt, natural forwards and physique....,,Oh and JH is the best he’s seen ever at this level....... Compliments galore...... Watch Out Cian...
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 10:46 am

Congratulations all involved. Captain Aaron and his team. Davy and all the backroom.

Davy's late Dad was big into coaching and it rubbed off. Kieran would be proud.

I cant let the ref away scott free.
The DJ Black was harsh considering that later in the game a Kildare lad in the left half back position was taken out after giving the pass and going for the return. Ref saw it, let advantage run but did not go back when play stopped. It was a blatant BLACK.

Jimmy H was caught by the neck of the jersey and thrown to the ground. Man in black ignored. Now can anyone recall a Black Card for the same--------EASY, in Killarney on Saturday night.

As for Brian Mac. The Mayo lad elbowed him in the neck before catching the ball. Then when Brian put him under pressure he grabbed Brian around the head and pulled him down and on the ground he then tried to rip his mouth............... After all that Brian did hold him down......... Clown awards Mayo a free and gives Brian a BLACK IGNORING THE FIRST 3 OFFENCES ALL FAR MORE SERIOUS.

I KEEP SAYING I HATE, DETEST THIS ONE EYED REFEERING..........
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Stunned. Never saw a Kildare team win one of the big 3 all ireland titles in my lifetime. Had days where I never thought I would see it. Humbled by what the players did especially how the backs dug in for the second half. Couldn't reconcile the attacking play in the first half with the crowd who probably should have lost to Laois first day out. 8 games in 10 weeks. Some run. Dublin Kerry and Mayo to win an all-ireland. It'll sink in at some stage. Up there with my daughters birth. Ahead of the wedding day. Comfortably.
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 6:12 pm

We need to produce these quality teams year in year out if we are ever to bring Sam back to the famous curragh of kildare.

Coaching coaching coaching of the underage is the key. If you are not involved in your local club and you want to see a kildare man lift the sam maguire in the hogan someday then you need to get yourself down to your local club and help out anyway you can
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 8:34 pm

Bángoléir wrote:

I could and should go on (Dempsey, Nash....) but need to watch it back with sober eyes first!

Watching it now with sober-ish eyes!

Is there an official reception today?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 5:07 am

Stats dept.

In the past 30 years, including replays, Mayo have played in 23 national finals in Croke Park and won 1 (the 2013 minor).

Full breakdown...

11 senior finals (two replays)
3 league finals 
8 minor finals (one replay)
One U20 final 

Christ!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U20s   Kildare U20s - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare U20s