Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 8:54 pm

if_in_doubt wrote:
kickingking wrote:
Rex wrote:
Then we are banned. That's how strongly I feel about this. Any ban would only severely damage the reputation of the GAA beyond repair. It would show them up for what most already know, a dictatorship obsessed with money.

We must stand our ground. Newbridge or nowhere.

+1

We'll play away with the clubs for the year.

Can't argue with any of that - happily support the county board holding firm on this even if it means no competitive games next year and demotion to division 4 for 2020.

Assume on that basis (subject to change, of course, being the BlueSky/GAA) that if we are banned next year we would be relegated to Division 3 at the end of the 2018/19 season - so be it.

Is the Saturday debacle an example of Skyblue thinking! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 9:08 pm

flourman wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
Fizzer wrote:
I think at this stage we have won or at least are winning the moral battle.

However it seems to me that the GAA have broken its own competition rules. Surely we are entitled to appeal that decision both within the confines of the association and failing that through the courts. That might take weeks to resolve but it must be a principle worth fighting for, the principle of basic fairness!

As regards a possible sanction for not fulfilling the Croke Park fixture well I suppose they could take away our next home match!!! I don’t know if that’s in the rule book but that doesn’t really matter

I heard, not sure how true it is, but if Kildare don't give the Gaa 48 hours notice of not fulfilling a fixture, the penalty is to be banned for 2019 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  

Sure they have given them 5 days notice ..

For the purposes of trying to identify the extent of penalties & fines that CP might try and apply if we don't turn up to CP on Saturday, would this fixture be considered under Rule to be an inter-county championship game, in which case the penalty and fine would be as set out in the following rule

6.30 Failure to Fulfill and Inter-County Championship Game.
A County failing to fulfil a championship fixture shall be disqualified from the championship and a fine, the extent of which shall be at the discretuion of the Committee-in-Charge, shall be imposed

Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Great Work Ogie - Fair play - Its great to have you and Tommy articulating on what we are all feeling.

I see Christy Moore was on twitter this morning too with the #NEWBRIDGEORNOWHERE

This is fantastic

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mackenna-we-needed-someone-to-say-enough-of-price-over-principles-of-money-over-morals-and-kildare-have-37050587.html
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 9:37 pm

8,000 people in Newbridge on Sat night x 20 a head will pay a lot toward the new lights part of the delelopment!!!
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 9:38 pm

“People are eager to see their own county playing championship and it was a possibility that people would turn up seeking to get admission to try and buy tickets outside the ground despite knowing that tickets weren’t available.

“The risk would be that people would get involved with other spectators, that’s the risk.

“I wouldn’t call it crowd trouble but there could be animosity shown to people who had tickets and they couldn’t get them, claiming they were regular supporters of Kildare.”

Ned Quinn on OFTB

I've just rung the CCCC (answering machine obviously!!!) to point out that neither Kildare nor Mayo fans have any history of violence and that this statement is an insult to both sets of fans. I also queried what Feargal McGill means by "health and safety" at an all ticket match - I won't hold my breath for a reply!
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 9:52 pm

So according to Ned - Season tickets Mayo 3,500 + Kildare 1,000 - so balance shared leaves Only 2,750 for Kildare and 5,250 for Mayo, that's his main argument and he made the decision in the best interest of Kildare GAA? Is there not a fine print on the Season Tickets that doesn't guarantee tickets for games?
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 9:56 pm

"Fergal,
Can you explain to me the health and safety issues involved in an
all-ticket match on Saturday evening in St Conleth’s Park Newbridge?
How does it differ from all all-ticket match in Thurles or Croke Park, in terms
of health and safety?
I look forward to hearing from you."

I suggest as many people as possible contact his office - Tommy K posted the address - fergal.mcgill@gaa.ie
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 9:57 pm

micky murphy wrote:
So according to Ned - Season tickets Mayo 3,500 + Kildare 1,000 - so balance shared leaves Only 2,750 for Kildare and 5,250 for Mayo, that's his main argument and he made the decision in the best interest of Kildare GAA? Is there not a fine print on the Season Tickets that doesn't guarantee tickets for games?
There is indeed - no guarantee with a season ticket
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:08 pm

I hope we follow through with this to the bitter end.

If we take the pitch on Saturday in Newbridge and Mayo are not there we cannot just leave it at that. We have to assume that we won and turn up at the venue that Mayo are drawn at for the next round.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
HauntedGraffiti

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Latest: CON doubled down on KFM this morning and is holding a press conference at 5pm this evening.

Don't give an inch Cian – we're shoulder to shoulder with you.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Also I assume if Kildare were to nominate a ground they would have picked Tullamore or Portlaoise not Croke Park...............
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:28 pm

micky murphy wrote:
Also I assume if Kildare were to nominate a ground they would have picked Tullamore or Portlaoise not Croke Park...............

As far as I know Tullamore is in use on Saturday. Certainly is in the afternoon anyway.
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Does anyone think that CON should leave these interviews to the county chairman?

Don't get me wrong I am 110% behind this decision but he needs to be staying out of the media imo, and work on getting the players ready if there is a game going ahead Saturday!!
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Latest: CON doubled down on KFM this morning and is holding a press conference at 5pm this evening.

Don't give an inch Cian – we're shoulder to shoulder with you.

Don't give in. Also we would want to be wary at this point of going down the legal route and losing. Where would that leave us - chained to CP fixtures for all eternity.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:44 pm

Onechance wrote:
Does anyone think that CON should leave these interviews to the county chairman?

Don't get me wrong I am 110% behind this decision but he needs to be staying out of the media imo, and work on getting the players ready if there is a game going ahead Saturday!!

They've surely discussed this amongst themselves and probably decided that CON is the best media performer for this sort of thing between them.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star
Sam1928

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:45 pm

I remember a major game back in the 80's I think which involved Dublin and Cork. Think it was in Croke Park but Cork didn't come back out for extra time as they objected to something. Ref threw ball in and Dublin went down and scored and then he blew full time.

This may happen in both Croke Park and Newbridge Saturday night.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/category/sports/2015/0423/696114-cork/
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:52 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
I remember a major game back in the 80's I think which involved Dublin and Cork. Think it was in Croke Park but Cork didn't come back out for extra time as they objected to something. Ref threw ball in and Dublin went down and scored and then he blew full time.

This may happen in both Croke Park and Newbridge Saturday night.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/category/sports/2015/0423/696114-cork/
Sam, it was Cork who refused to play extra time against Dublin - they got the train home, Dublin scored into an empty goal......
On Saturday's matter - to my surprise I got a call back from CCCC office having left a voicemail. I had a perfectly balanced chat with the caller (not the CCCC chairperson) and we agreed to disagree but at least my call was returned - more than can be said for e mails to Fergal

Last edited by tomoneillandhissisteranne on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:52 pm

Kildare and Croke Park have both backed themselves into a corner where they can't/won't back down.

Giving that Croke Park seems to be expecting scenes from Millwall v West Ham games of the 80s, if the game is to be played in Newbridge!! Who is heading up our firm!!!
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:56 pm

Sam 1928 - I think this will happen on Sat night!!! and the official referee will be in Croke Park!!!!! not sure who going to throw it in Newbridge!!!!
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Maybe if ball thrown in at Croke Park in true sportmanship Mayo should kick wide then what!!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
HauntedGraffiti

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:02 pm

topcat wrote:

Giving that Croke Park seems to be expecting scenes from Millwall v West Ham games of the 80s, if the game is to be played in Newbridge!! Who is heading up our firm!!!

Laughed out loud at this, classic!!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
HauntedGraffiti

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Breaking – CCCC has released footage of a Kildare supporter in McDonnells after Longford match...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUZyNLZZjMs
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star
Fear An Geata

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:12 pm

The number of Mayo season ticket holders is not a valid argument for not having the game in Newbridge. When we played Mayo there in March they had the same number of season ticket holders presumably. So how can a fixture involving the same two teams, in the same venue, with the same number of season ticket holders suddenly be a problem when it wasn't 3 months ago?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:18 pm

O'Neill is front and centre as he, and not the board, pushed for this and led on it. Look at wording of statement and you can guess where it came from. CB initially were initially going to agree to demands. That is what I've been told by three sources.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:22 pm

Fear An Geata wrote:
The number of Mayo season ticket holders is not a valid argument for not having the game in Newbridge. When we played Mayo there in March they had the same number of season ticket holders presumably. So how can a fixture involving the same two teams, in the same venue, with the same number of season ticket holders suddenly be a problem when it wasn't 3 months ago?

Short answer it can't. If GAA are worried about H&S which they should be. They need to come up with strict criteria for hosting such games but that can only be implemented from next season onwards, for this year they should have fixed the game for Newbridge and advise Kildare and all other couties that for 2019 and going forward this will not be happening and you must nominate where you will play you championship home games from a list of however many they deem appropriate.

Moving the goal posts like they have done here is not on at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: