Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
All down the line
Intermediate
Intermediate

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:28 am

Slurry tankers watering St Conleths since training finished
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
HauntedGraffiti

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 am

Okay this is somewhat unfair but this has to be the least box office article tied into this saga. Hold the front page - from Pat Nolan on Twitter...

"Denis Connerton would be in Cian O'Neill's position had Longford beaten Kildare last Saturday. He was at the centre of a somewhat similar fallout in 2004 when Waterford threatened to boycott qualifier v Longford. He gives his take in tomorrow's Irish Mirror."
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Of all the bewildering interviews by Gaa brass, the one that really let the mask slip and showed what they think of the rank and file was Ned Quinn's.

“The risk is that people will get involved with other spectators, that’s the risk."

Like we're some kind of animals. They view us with utter contempt and are genuinely mystified why we aren't shutting up and handing over our cash as usual.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 5:01 pm

All down the line wrote:
Slurry tankers watering St Conleths since training finished

That's a good sign, but until we see the Sky T.V. gantries starting to go up in St.Conleths, which I imagine will take a few days to source and erect Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:26 pm

I honestly believed that would wake up this morning to a deal being done on this late last night......... too late now for the logistics and tickets etc. and even if it was changed to Newbridge now I'd say Mayo might look for the 5 day notice period?
so looks like either Kildare will be in Newbridge, Mayo in Croker!!!!!! or whole lot gets cancelled.....
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:33 pm

I was hoping for some clarity around the whole situation after the meeting last night, as of right now, we are still in the same position, as things stand tomorrow Kildare will give notice to Croke Park of officially not being willing to fulfill the fixture, Croke Park will then award the game to Mayo.

After that we will have an appeals process which will take a week at least before it finishes with the D.R.A If Kildare don't get reinstated into the championship at that point a high court injunction may be sought to put a stop to the championship pending a hearing of the case at the high court which to the best of my knowledge could take a while to arrange (legal eagles please correct me on this if I am wrong)

So all in all we are looking at the All Ireland final being played around Christmas!!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:55 pm

I never thought that we would still be in the championship in September lol. On a more serious note PP giving 9/1 for Mayo getting a walkover and they are not known for giving money away lightly.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Anyone who thinks we have the backing of all decent gaels on this one are sadly mistaken. The lemon suckers over on reservoir duds are as usual having their say. I'm getting more and more convinced than anyone with a IQ over 50 is not allowed join. They wouldn't know fairness and humility if it hit them on their toothless mouths.

One clown is calling out Ewan McKenna. From behind his keyboard. Rolling Eyes Another claims he is bitter and twisted. Pot, kettle, black.

Pity their own county board hadn't the balls to stand up to the Leinster Council and insist they had no problem playing Wicklow in Antrim or Laois in Wicklow. Then why would they bite the hand that feeds them. The Jim Gavins and Bernard Dunnes of this world don't come cheap.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Wonder what the general feeling would be if - Play in Croke Park = New Stand in Newbridge

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Big change in odds on PP just now : Match to be played in Newbridge gone from 1/5 to 1/2 and match to be played in Croke Park gone from 4/1 to 6/4, do they know something or maybe time is running out to arrange match in Newbridge
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:15 pm

[quote="micky murphy"]Wonder what the general feeling would be if - Play in Croke Park = New Stand in Newbridge

#NewbridgeorNowhere
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:26 pm

What odds are they giving on Mayo being awarded the match by Croke Park??

Anybody know what happens if we don't give notice and just refuse to show up in Croke Park on Saturday night?
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 pm

It looks like nothing is happening behind the scenes
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:30 pm

micky murphy wrote:
Wonder what the general feeling would be if - Play in Croke Park = New Stand in Newbridge

Only if we get Dermot Bannon to design it. I'd love a glass stand (this has nothing to do with me having put a score on with Paddy Powers at 250/1).

It would also be a great gesture and show how seriously Kildare supports the GFA if we got Arlene Foster to open it.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:31 pm

topcat wrote:
What odds are they giving on Mayo being awarded the match by Croke Park??

Anybody know what happens if we don't give notice and just refuse to show up in Croke Park on Saturday night?

Kicked out of next year's championship as well, or at least the GAA might try to pull that one.

Realistically, I'd see the appeal route as being more likely.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:36 pm

If we give in we are finished. Supporters will turn their backs on them all, the CB will be got rid of and we won't recover for years. It's in Newbridge or Nowhere. We are approaching the end game because it's Wednesday. Tickets are still being sold for Croke park, it looks like we'll not play which I am 100% behind. The GAA will regret this for years to come.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:36 pm

At this stage, it is starting to look like the Brexit negotiations have more chance of reaching a successful conclusion than our negotiations with Croke Park over where this game is going to be played.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Of all the bewildering interviews by Gaa brass, the one that really let the mask slip and showed what they think of the rank and file was Ned Quinn's.

“The risk is that people will get involved with other spectators, that’s the risk."

Like we're some kind of animals. They view us with utter contempt and are genuinely mystified why we aren't shutting up and handing over our cash as usual.

That proved health and safety was an excuse, not a reason. He made a tit of himself. The PR from Croker has been appalling. Implying we'd turn on ticket-holders like they had the last loaf of bread! It was panic on his part.

As a very shrewd man said to me yesterday, why the fuck would Kildare bother doing up the stand and making it a 15,000 seater? Sure the GAA are saying that's not enough for Mayo (even though what we have was good enough for star-studded Tyrone five years ago!) and thus wouldn't be enough for Super 8s. So now they want counties to build 20,000 seater stadiums, be saddled with debt and be echoing for 99 per cent of the year? I spent years defending them from the Grab All moniker. But the last five years... Jesus.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:47 pm

NEWBRIDGE OR NOWHERE and irrespective let's hope we are all in Newbridge on Sat night and that the Co Board organise an event that is long remembered
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
HauntedGraffiti

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:54 pm

If we are kicked out, we're kicked out - as I said previously, we will be a cause celebre & GAA will be buried under avalanche of public opinion.

Meanwhile good interview with Dermot Reilly - impressive speaker, seems like the kind of man I'd be happy to see head up Kildare GAA.

https://youtu.be/kGPfJf8gcw0
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:57 pm

Wholly agree, Newbridge or nowhere or we are lost forever, I really hope the silence is not because we are caving in, if we do I am finished with all GAA forever
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:58 pm

I don't think we are going to cave on this one bit, I'm convinced on that...

I hope there's an announcement soon as this is day 3 where productivity level in work is at an all time low Smile
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 8:02 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Cian O'Neill press conference off due to work commitments. No county board to step in and even read a statement.

Rightly so. Kildare had no more left to say and you don't want to come across like a bully when you're the one being bullied. Kildare have shown they went through all the right processes. They have shown health and safety is bullshit inside and outside the ground. They have said they're only playing the game in Newbridge. And the country has rallied around them. No more to be said (until there's more to be said) and only risk alienating some of that support by wittering on. Ball in Jones's Road.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 8:05 pm

Highball wrote:
Great Work Ogie - Fair play - Its great to have you and Tommy articulating on what we are all feeling.

I see Christy Moore was on twitter this morning too with the #NEWBRIDGEORNOWHERE

This is fantastic

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/ewan-mackenna-we-needed-someone-to-say-enough-of-price-over-principles-of-money-over-morals-and-kildare-have-37050587.html

Thanks Highball - to be even mentioned in the same sentence as Tommy!

Have been given leave to share it away from the paywall - at this stage, it's all been said anyway. Monday evening when I wrote it seems a lifetime away.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/croke-park-executives-must-serve-grass-roots-9pkmdmf8r?shareToken=e8af4f01d9976eba9dcb147ecb7d7192
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 8:10 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
O'Neill is front and centre as he, and not the board, pushed for this and led on it. Look at wording of statement and you can guess where it came from. CB initially were initially going to agree to demands. That is what I've been told by three sources.

I can fairly categorically rebut that, for reasons I can't disclose publicly TK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: