Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:34 pm

I honestly thought this whole thing would die down this morning but there are yet more elements people are annoyed with...

Some hacks are droning on about "But how much will Mayo support edge Kildare by?!" Trust me friends - this is the LEAST interesting thing about all this...

The thick plottens etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:12 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I honestly thought this whole thing would die down this morning but there are yet more elements people are annoyed with...

Some hacks are droning on about "But how much will Mayo support edge Kildare by?!" Trust me friends - this is the LEAST interesting thing about all this...

The thick plottens etc etc.

Yip and that goes back to my earlier point. Don't let that detract what this was about (though I have this thing that home advantage should mean the opposition are unsettled in unfamiliar surroundings, being roared at by the savages and the referee giving you a few decisions because the crowd are gone ballistic). But this was about right, promoting the game in Kildare, giving the businesses that support the GAA some kickback - just fairness.

Now they're basically saying they'll change it next year and no place without a 15,000 seater will get a game. They're a fucking disgrace, I'm in this all my life and I swear if they just keep taking the game away from the country and the provincial towns, I'll stop going and I'll stop covering, not that anyone will give a shit but if you protest, the only thing you can do is do what's right for you.

The last five years I have just gotten more and more disillusioned and when I see what my small little club does, and how removed HQ are from that, it just sickens me.

Anyway, this week was supposed to be a week to catch up on some work - I'm miles behind! Have to turn off the phone and steer clear of social media a bit!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Stop Ogie - my productivity down ludicrously this week!!
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:08 pm

I’ve said it in plenty of different places already this week, Kildare’s stance can only be the very first step in a long and hard journey that grassroots up to county board GAA people will have to take over the coming years to ensure that this statement turns into a movement. It can’t be seen as a stand-alone outlier.

It is shameful how so many, Kildare GAA included, have turned a blind eye to what the GAA have been systematically trying to do over the last few years, that is to prioritise and solely drive the commercial aspect of our senior games.

Sky; belittling of hurling at all levels; serious undermining of hurling below the Liam McCarthy level; unfair advantages to certain counties; taking games away from others; the Super 8’s venue debacle; Laois, Carlow and Wicklow venue decisions at Leinster council level. These are just some of the problems that the GAA are either A) not helping to come up with fair solutions or b) exacerbating through their directives and decisions.

The GAA no doubt will try to ram through stipulations at their next couple of congress concerning venues for matches but it is up to the counties to stop them and to say, just like Kildare did this week, enough is enough. Each and every county should be in control of their own matters and decisions as far as is reasonable.

The same at other levels, all counties is similar situations should stand with each other to ensure fairness. For example, Kildare should vote, with every other county in Leinster to ensure all games pre Leinster Final are played in regional venues. The same as Meath, Wicklow, Carlow, Westmeath, Kerry, Kildare, London, etc should vote to ensure that fairness is maintained at all levels in Hurling. Who decided to vote for a situation where Kerry would be treated differently to the rest of the counties if they were to win the Joe McDonagh Cup? That the winner of the Christy Ring Cup should be treated differently to the winner of the Nicky Rackard cup?

What Kildare did this week won’t matter one jot if we all don’t stand together when faced with the GAA imposing their idea of fairness today, tomorrow and into the future. Counties need to take back our games from the spreadsheets and bank accounts where they are currently being managed from.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:12 pm

FearBan wrote:

Kildare should vote, with every other county in Leinster to ensure all games pre Leinster Final are played in regional venues.

Seriously, can we ACTUALLY all start insisting on this.

Brilliant post overall FearBan, you are playing a blinder.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Scratch that my cousin was hammered, so anyone hear of any tickets let me know, there needs to be something done about the hurlers they've been treated like shite.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:40 am

As per my previous post, expect more of this over the next few years. First up - this issue...

More power to them.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0628/974030-kildare-and-antrim-not-happy-with-mcdonagh-play-off/
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 pm

This might sound like a stupid idea probably because it is but given Kildare fans are going to be seriously outnumbered tomorrow night, would it be an idea for all Kildare fans to get in early and congregate in one part of the ground. We probably all have our usual spots we like to get to but I think that have a mass of white in one section of the ground rather than spread across the whole venue and diluted by the largemayo fan base.

Just an idea, don’t ridicule me for it please!!!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:45 pm

Topcat - I think it would be great if Kildare fans are together. We need to stand up & be counted for this match like never before. We have to roar them on with new levels of passion.

Imploring people to give the team an unprecedented reception when they take the field. They started this by showing a level of manic passion many of us doubted they had. We owe it to them to rise to the occasion. I don't care if the cheering lasts for a full minute - whatever it takes.

Mayo are trying to convince themselves this is just another game - important that they get the message that it's not.

After that, asking that the team get stuck in and don't let up for 80 minutes. Everything they have for the full game. Do that & I'm convinced we will win this one.

Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Stating the obvious but important that we are second team out - I want the Mayo team to see it.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:55 pm

Just a quick question :

Where has the Gaa Director General been hiding for the last 5 days.

He stated the day of his appointment that his was a 'proud grassroots Gaa man'.

I fenture to suggested that he has failed his first test.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:57 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Stating the obvious but important that we are second team out - I want the Mayo team to see it.

Ah no, we have been here before, the game might not start until 8.00 p.m. if that happens and that will rally f**k up Sky, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:03 pm

As the name might suggest I would always go to a match and "shout it out". Have being asked nicely and not so nicely over the years to "not shout so loudly". Unfortunately over the last number of years I have not shouted as much. That might be because I am getting a bit older or that there was just not much to shout at.
But ............... I can promise one thing for this match.

I will roar our team onto the pitch
I will roar after the National Anthem
and I will roar for the next 80 odd minutes
I will be very happy to leave Newbridge on Saturday evening with no voice.

CCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN
KKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:06 pm

While I fully support having the game played in Newbridge, I must say there has been some amount of slurry talked all week. Are Kildare County Board any different to the GAA Elite in Croke Park ? On this very forum people have bemoaned KCB moving all championship games in Football/Hurling to St Conleths's and Hawkfield to the detriment of Clubs/Players. Arranging games at days/times to suit ensuring they can be squeezed in to ensure the county board can get both hands on all the gate money. For example I hear now that the Senior Hurling Championship is going to be played midweek, no doubt they will be in Hawkfield and Newbridge. Where is the incentive to clubs to develop and show case their grounds and facilities if they are never going to get to host a championship game. It is KCB's responsibility to ensure that St Conleths is upto scratch. A miserable failure here also.  I would imagine the conversation with Croke Park on funding the redevelopment of St Conleths got a lot more difficult after this weeks events.

Last edited by Hurlerbehindtheditch on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:15 pm

Just a thought but I think it would be psychologically quite powerful if we take the terraces behind both goals - that way it's in full view of both teams at all times, before & during the game.

COME ON KILDARE!!
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Hurlerbehindtheditch wrote:
While I fully support having the game played in Newbridge, I must say there has been some amount of slurry talked all week. Are Kildare County Board any different to the GAA Elite in Croke Park ? On this very forum people have bemoaned KCB moving all championship games in Football/Hurling to St Conleths's and Hawkfield to the detriment of Clubs/Players. Arranging games at days/times to suit ensuring they can be squeezed in to ensure the county board can get both hands on all the gate money. For example I hear now that the Senior Hurling Championship is going to be played midweek, no doubt they will be in Hawkfield and Newbridge. Where is the incentive to clubs to develop and show case their grounds and facilities it they are never going to get to host a championship game. It is KCB's responsibility to ensure that St Conleths is upto scratch. A miserable failure here also.  I would imagine the conversation with Croke Park on funding the redevelopment of St Conleths got a lot more difficult after this weeks events.
Well said! I firmly believe the push for Newbridge or Nowhere would not have come from the KCB but rather CON and the team and, furthermore, I believe a good % of the CB would have settled for Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
Sir Gazelle
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:27 am

Well done to all the Kildare supporters who played their part in a great occasion. It is unusual to be outnumbered in Newbridge by such a vocal crowd but none the less the Kildare supporters made sure to cancel out the chants of Mayo. The atmosphere and noise was great.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:00 am

from On The Ball tonight

Donegal GAA are not going to settle for the current situation that sees their Super 8 clash with Dublin take place in Croke Park. OTB AM understands the county board are looking to meet with the GAA in the coming days in a bid to get the venue changed

The floodgates have opened.......
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:04 am

Fair play to Donegal delighted we set the precedent.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:15 am

Statement released tonight

***** Press Release ****
Following the announcement today by the CCCC regarding venues for the All-Ireland Quarter-Final Group stage (Super 8's) games.

C.L.G. Dhún na nGall are to seek a meeting with GAA Officials to seek clarification on how any County may use a Ground as both Neutral and a Home venue .

The intention of the meeting is to ensure a level playing field for every team who will qualify for the All-Ireland Quarter-Final Group Stage and ensure that no team has any advantage over any other team.

Ed Byrne
P.R.O
Donegal G.A.A
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:22 am

All frist round games of super 8s are in Croke Park either on Saturday July 14 5pm or 7pm or Sunday July 15 2pm or 4pm
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:29 am

Fair play to Donegal. As most Dubs will tell you their home ground is Parnell Park desire not playing a league or championship game there for approx 10 years!!! Maybe GAA should insist Dublin play Roscommon or Armagh in Parnell Park as this is their “home” venue??
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:30 am

I have been very critical in the past of Kildare officials for allowing Dublin to play pre-Leinster final games in Stroke Park.

The next step has to be playing them in Newbridge in the Leinster championship. I also firmly believe Dublin should be split. And after last week, don't tell me it isn't possible.

For once in our lives we stood up on & off the field and it has sent shockwaves through the entire association.

Time for the next step.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:44 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I have been very critical in the past of Kildare officials for allowing Dublin to play pre-Leinster final games in Stroke Park.

The next step has to be playing them in Newbridge in the Leinster championship. I also firmly believe Dublin should be split. And after last week, don't tell me it isn't possible.

For once in our lives we stood up on & off the field and it has sent shockwaves through the entire association.

Time for the next step.
only 3 years ago Kildare Gaa voted in favour of kepting Dublin Leinster Championship games in Croke Park
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:47 am

I said it at the time & I'll say it again - that was an absolute disgrace.

But just to say we won't be tolerating it anymore. It's a new era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   

Back to top Go down

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next