Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Super 8 's

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Gazelle
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:34 am

I don't necessarily agree that 2 referees will make any difference. Currently there are 7 officals who for the most part are "miked up" at intercounty level. On occasions they make a decision to have selective vision as we have seen over the past few weeks, therefore having another referee won't change anything until the gaa stop tolerating this. Take the Kildare Galway game, if Joe McQuillan was the 2nd referee instead of linesman then I still don't think that the constant fouling and card offences by the Galway full back would have been addressed or seen in any clearer vision, neither would the body checks.
I get that refereeing is a thankless job but the acceptance of intentional selective application of the rules by referees, linesman and umpires is not morally right, perhaps it's time to pay referees and make them accountable.

Last edited by Sir Gazelle on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:51 am

Whoever is in charge of Kildare next year, some players with undoubted quality and huge potential need to grow up and look in the mirror. Assured by someone I trust who was there that two players the night before the Galway game (that isn't a typo) were smashed in a bar I won't name, giving out sh*te about the set-up. Understand frustrations, but time and place and all that.

No names as not fair, just hope they grow up for sake of their careers in white.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:57 am

Great, lads auditioning for the Guns N Roses reunion the night before a massive match... I mean FFS.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:13 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Whoever is in charge of Kildare next year, some players with undoubted quality and huge potential need to grow up and look in the mirror. Assured by someone I trust who was there that two players the night before the Galway game (that isn't a typo) were smashed in a bar I won't name, giving out sh*te about the set-up. Understand frustrations, but time and place and all that.

No names as not fair, just hope they grow up for sake of their careers in white.

There is no way lads on that squad were out the night before a game like that , no matter what the set up is like
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:15 am

There is no way Tommy, that lads from that squad were out the night before a game like that no matter what the set up is like. I would find that very hard to believe
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am

Janey Mac Tommy you hear more about Kildare GAA and GAA in general from your laptop in Brasil than everyone else in the country. You've outdone yourself this time. Were these the same lads betting on the opposition during the league ?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 am

Actually I heard it from the guy who was literally drinking with them...
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:44 am

Smashed? Right so. You think that wouldn't get back? Was this the league game or Champo Tommy? Didn't one of your other buddies (or maybe the same fella) see a prominent hurling figure hard place nig bet to win 16k in Paddy Power shop recently. Sure you know the shop and all.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am

Tommy's posts on here are like Trump's tweets!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 am

I see you are going with the Fox News/Donald Trump combo here LilySavage. Attack the man and then lie to discredit him. Tends to work to be fair, but I guessed your predictable effort was coming by first going after where I live as if relevant (if I was in a restaurant next door would that change anything) and secondly the keyboard jibe which I presume is in regards to the "fake-news media" as otherwise you'd be moaning about people on computers from your computer. I'll give you more credit than that.

But actually Lily, as regards your story you tried to smear me with through your straw-man sh*te as if someone just saw someone and that's how it works, it was two bets - one online and one in a shop in Dungarvan - where the long odds would have resulted in a 16k payout in total. The odds on the manager came way in as a result of the bets by a person involved in the process and saw the candidate actually turn the job down. Nothing illegal as such but ethically very questionable.

As for the Kildare issue, believe what you like, personally couldn't care less what you think but I'm clearly more knowledgeable about this from my laptop in Brazil. As I say not naming guys, but hope they cop on. You can bicker among yourselves and pretend what you want from now on. And HG it's interesting you mention the Donald, as I must say since he came along, the attitude on forums online from more and more is becoming insufferable. With that, going to take a break from here. Good luck.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:57 am

League or Champo Tommy?
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:01 am

Feel free to throw in the grenade Tommy. Then when fairly questioned, hit the old edit button first and walk away. You sure it wasn't you who was smashed in the bar talking shite?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:04 am

Questioned?

I said how I know and said I won't be naming where or who. I know my source and won't be naming them either, so what do you want to question about exactly? As I say if you don't believe it I don't care, I know it is correct as do the two players. Thus it's not a grenade rather a point of fact.

And there, more personal abuse as a point of deflection. The modern way and the reason I won't be attending here for a while. Don't like the message, shoot the messanger. Well done.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:12 am

Was this the Saturday night before the league game or the Championship game? Assuming that it was Championship ? Or does that piece of your tale matter?
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:43 am

I doubt TK knows that many people in that many places in Kildare so it's difficult not to think that this story is emminating out of somewhere close to TK's original home in the county which fairly well narrows the list of suspects!
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:44 am

Tommy storms off... Cue Eastenders drum-beat.

Seriously we NEED to start Kildare Fan TV. We'd all be able retire within six months.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:54 am

[quote="Shergar"]I doubt TK knows that many people in that many places in Kildare so it's difficult not to think that this story is emminating out of somewhere close to TK's original home in the county which fairly well narrows the list of suspects!

That's my reading of it. If it was Saturday before Championship, I can rule out half the pubs in the town.
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:07 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Tommy storms off... Cue Eastenders drum-beat.

Seriously we NEED to start Kildare Fan TV. We'd all be able retire within six months.
H.G. can i be Ty ? I've all the gear and the Kildare headphones !!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:24 am

Thought my ould friend fone might have brokered this one.. But without his presence.. I'm hearing CON is to be offered a One Year extension.. so much for the Munster Rubgy rumours.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:28 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Thought my ould friend fone might have brokered this one.. But without his presence.. I'm hearing CON is to be offered a One Year extension.. so much for the Munster Rubgy rumours.

I'd be disappointed, think his time is up.
Clearly there were issues in the current setup throughout this last year, victory over Mayo has papered over the cracks - I'd rather see somebody fresh brought in.
Back to top Go down
Lillybloom
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:54 pm

If thats the case re: CON id be very disapointed no win in league loss to carlow only for the one off newbridge or nowhere saga the win over Mayo taking the heat off him ive nothing against the man but we didnt win any game then also in the super 8

The county board dont have imagination if they offer him an extension good coach no doubt good manager i think no way not the man to lead a very talented bunch forward
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:01 pm

My big fear with CON next year is that when it comes to the crunch in big games, we just remain moral victory merchants.

When you take the senior team we have & add in a huge influx from an outrageously talented AI-winning U20 team, this is one of the most attractive jobs in the GAA.

Between the two sets of players, I honestly think there's an All Ireland in Kildare. There, I've said it!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 pm

A one year extension to me is a complete cop out by the county board, if you are happy with the job he is doing/has done, give him 3 years and let him bring through the 20's. If you are not happy then what will you learn in the next year that you don't know now? Being in Div 2 an All-Ireland semi final is probably unlikely given that we will not be properly road tested before the Super8s.

Given our loss to Carlow, we will not be seeded in next years draw so our path to a Leinster final may involve a quarter final v Dublin which means hitting the qualifiers at the earliest possible stage too.

To me this was a time for back him or sack him and our county board have done neither!
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:45 am

new management if coming in would want to see draw in leinster to apply for job id say but then again is it necessary for a new manager ?
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 am

With the Club Championship resuming this Weekend I hope the CB don't drag out their decision whatever it may be.

Yes no doubt a good few u20s will be added to the Panel, but the step up in grade will take time.. and hopefully there will be a few others will stand out in the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   

Back to top Go down

The Super 8 's
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next