Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 2019 issues

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:07 am

Great post Highball, and yes if they do head off, hopefully it’s only for early part of the year. I think Eoin Doyle’s right, these are very exciting times. That’s why lad choosing this of all seasons to head off... I don’t get it. But like I say, hopefully only for a short period of time anyway.

Yes delighted as well Eoghan O’Flaherty back onboard. Great lad with a terrific work ethic, just the sort of example the young lads need.

Anyway I can’t wait for League campaign, getting back to Div 1 would be huge for the county & U20s’ development. Only thing is it’s so bloody long coming around... honestly season finishing earlier is a disaster, too much dead time & Premiership claptrap filling airwaves.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 446
Join date : 2011-09-12

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Going to be an interesting year and if lads don't want to be there so be it I am more interested on who will be joining the panel apart from EO'F has anyone any other news? I assume its all being gathered together at the moment and individual winter training plans being implemented?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Good to see EOF back, super player to have around. He's probably just got over Ryan dropping him, then bringing him on as a sub in the half backs when chasing a game then replacing him when unsurprisingly it didn't work. The moment I realised Ryan was chancing his arm.
Back to top Go down
Newbridgeornowhere
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 29
Join date : 2018-08-21

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Rex wrote:
Good to see EOF back, super player to have around. He's probably just got over Ryan dropping him, then bringing him on as a sub in the half backs when chasing a game then replacing him when unsurprisingly it didn't work. The moment I realised Ryan was chancing his arm.
Ryan chancing arm all time by sitting in stands
Back to top Go down
Sir Gazelle
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 40
Join date : 2017-07-16

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Hopefully every effort is made to keep players on board and I don't just mean efforts by the management team. Back in the 90's when Michael Osborne set up the supporters club huge efforts were made to support players including job placement. Hopefully players can be facilitated where possible with reasonable requests even f few months given off to travel.
Back to top Go down
Newbridgeornowhere
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 29
Join date : 2018-08-21

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Sir Gazelle wrote:
Hopefully every effort is made to keep players on board and I don't just mean efforts by the management team. Back in the 90's when Michael Osborne set up the supporters club huge efforts were made to support players including job placement. Hopefully players can be facilitated where possible with reasonable requests even f few months given off to travel.
it’s own choice if they want to travel
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1404
Join date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Looks like we are about to lose our S&C coach to a full time role with Kerry

https://kfmradio.com/news/08112018-1148/reports-kerry-gaa-appoint-member-kildare-senior-football-coaching-team-newly

Just on the players going travelling, I believe that Dan Flynn is looking to go to the States next Summer as it is the last year in which he is eligible for a J-1 so not too much Cian O Neill or anybody can do about that.

Good to see Flats back and Ben McCormack, next year is a big year for Kildare football, promotion is vital for the development of our younger players in particular, the championship has us on Dublin's side of the draw so a provincial final is a huge ask, after that we are hoping for the qualifier draw to be kind to us!
Back to top Go down
Newbridgeornowhere
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 29
Join date : 2018-08-21

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:57 pm

topcat wrote:
Looks like we are about to lose our S&C coach to a full time role with Kerry

https://kfmradio.com/news/08112018-1148/reports-kerry-gaa-appoint-member-kildare-senior-football-coaching-team-newly

Just on the players going travelling, I believe that Dan Flynn is looking to go to the States next Summer as it is the last year in which he is eligible for a J-1 so not too much Cian O Neill or anybody can do about that.

Good to see Flats back and Ben McCormack, next year is a big year for Kildare football, promotion is vital for the development of our younger players in particular, the championship has us on Dublin's side of the draw so a provincial final is a huge ask, after that we are hoping for the qualifier draw to be kind to us!
Head coach Annan Flynn is operations Manager of legacy performance gym in tuam
Back to top Go down
Fairplay
Junior C
Junior C


Posts : 2
Join date : 2018-11-02

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:08 pm

Well done to all Award Winners , surprised Adam Tyrrell didn’t get club player of the year. He was outstanding but well done to young Masterson .
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:46 pm

VERY IMPORTANT QUERY...

Is Ben McCormack definitely back onboard? If he is, that would potentially offset D Flynn leaving if he goes. Full forward line of him, Brophy and N Flynn would be v tasty. That's before we even get to McLoughlin, Hyland and Woodgate.

Seriously, if this team plays to its potential in the spring, we should be absolutely incinerating Div 2. That's the way they should be thinking of it... Time to show some real ambition lads!!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 790
Join date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
VERY IMPORTANT QUERY...

Is Ben McCormack definitely back onboard? If he is, that would potentially offset D Flynn leaving if he goes. Full forward line of him, Brophy and N Flynn would be v tasty. That's before we even get to McLoughlin, Hyland and Woodgate.

Seriously, if this team plays to its potential in the spring, we should be absolutely incinerating Div 2. That's the way they should be thinking of it... Time to show some real ambition lads!!

I’m sorry but Ben McCormack has done nothing at senior level yet to suggest he’ll offset or replace Daniel Flynn who has showed flashes of pure genius in quite a few games. His pace and power will be extremely hard to replace
Back to top Go down
Newbridgeornowhere
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 29
Join date : 2018-08-21

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:53 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
VERY IMPORTANT QUERY...

Is Ben McCormack definitely back onboard? If he is, that would potentially offset D Flynn leaving if he goes. Full forward line of him, Brophy and N Flynn would be v tasty. That's before we even get to McLoughlin, Hyland and Woodgate.

Seriously, if this team plays to its potential in the spring, we should be absolutely incinerating Div 2. That's the way they should be thinking of it... Time to show some real ambition lads!!
You cannot compare Ben McCormack to Dan flynn is world gone mad .
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:53 pm

McCormack is a sensational player so ye are wrong on that one lads. Anyway is he back or was someone spreading fake news on this thread?!
Back to top Go down
Newbridgeornowhere
Junior A
Junior A


Posts : 29
Join date : 2018-08-21

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Podge fogarty is back
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 pm

I was always a big advocate of Fogarty. I hope to see Jack Robinson in the mix as well. But is McCormack back... Suppose O’Byrne Cup games pre-Xmas (!) so we’ll find out...
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1404
Join date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Yesterday at 7:00 am

Ben is back on the panel.
Back to top Go down
Highball
Intercounty
Intercounty


Posts : 407
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Yesterday at 8:35 am

topcat wrote:
Ben is back on the panel.

Excellent news
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Yesterday at 10:34 am

Seriously in terms of strength in depth this is the most excited I’ve been as a Kildare supporter. Could you imagine a FF line of N Flynn, Brophy & McCormack at full tilt. That’s before we even mention the U20 FF line including the best underage Kildare forward I’ve ever seen in Jimmy Hyland.

Lads who don’t commit are mad!!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star


Posts : 1091
Join date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Yesterday at 10:57 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Seriously in terms of strength in depth this is the most excited I’ve been as a Kildare supporter. Could you imagine a FF line of N Flynn, Brophy & McCormack at full tilt. That’s before we even mention the U20 FF line including the best underage Kildare forward I’ve ever seen in Jimmy Hyland.

Lads who don’t commit are mad!!

Problems last year were at the other end of the pitch, conceding on average 1-16/1-17 a game. This needs to addressed. Hopefully rumours of O’Grady being unavailable aren’t true.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2013-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Yesterday at 11:05 am

Definitely, they still haven't figured out a defensive structure when Doyle drops. It's supposed to be Moolick or one of the wing forwards manning the fort, but too often no one's covering and we're easily carved open down the middle. Jesus, we drove in 1-17 against Dubs last year which literally would have won 90 percent of Leinster finals ever played, but at the other end they killed us with a couple of goals, plus we let them tag on 23 points for good measure.

Defence 100 percent is a top priority for next season.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
avatar

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   Yesterday at 2:15 pm

You can have the best forwards in tbe Country but if you are conceding big scores it matters little. Eventually the forwards will have an off day and you are done. It also puts big pressure on the forwards as they know unless a big number is put up then it's more than likely that the match will end in defeat.
If this bloke from Galway can bring one thing it should be a well drilled defensive system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2019 issues   

Back to top Go down
 
2019 issues
Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» #1375 Chatbox issues
» [Only Topic] Notifications, Loading, Chatbox, Servimg and Tagging Issues
» [Only Topic] Forumotion server issues/outage
» Malware Issues Have Not Been Resolved
» [Only Topic] Mobile Version Log in Issues with Iphones and Ipads

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: