Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Player burn out

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Player burn out    Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:56 am

Be interested to hear people's views. I was of the understanding that the minor grade was gone at U18 with the change in the rules last year with the addition of the U17 grade. Currently we're in the middle of the U17 championship. It's been none stop for some of our younger players since the U15 Spring league at the end of Jan.

Currently the U15 player in the smaller club is playing both are groups as I'm led to believe they are eligible for both. The strong U17 player is playing two competitions with the U21 Championship also also on at the moment. Surely this is too much. U18 championship is only over a few weeks too.

I thought the new rules would alleviate player burnout but it's just added an extra two competitions to what was already a long season for our players. Am I missing something here ?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player burn out    Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:37 pm

100% agree, very few clubs can field without using players from the younger age groups, add in school matches and training not to mention dual players. Sometimes it seems they're just putting these competitions on for the sake of it with little thought gone into it
Back to top Go down
Anyonebutthedubs
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Player burn out    Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:31 pm

I could be wrong but I dont think a player who is u17 now is allowed play u21. U21 is regarded as an adult competition and to play adult you have to be 18 or turning 18 in that same year of the competition.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player burn out    Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:49 pm

U17 can play club u21 but not county u20 as far as i can see.
Back to top Go down
Anyonebutthedubs
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Player burn out    Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:25 pm

Your probably right lillyboy. The GAA dont half make it complicated. Its hard on the small clubs alright. Young lads love playing games and i think there is too much made of player burnout.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player burn out    Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:49 am

As far as I knew we were sold this switch to U17 under the assumption that the U18 would be discontinued. That hasn't happened at all. Forget about senior players for a min. There isn't an player in club football who plays more games than a 13 year old and 15 year old. 13 year olds year begins in January with U14 competitions, add in U15 early spring league. He's still playing in the U15 competition at the moment too. Needs to be looked at
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player burn out    

Back to top Go down

Player burn out
Page 1 of 1