Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Donegal

Go down 
+45
Ohtoohtobe
Gaa1928
LillieLad
lilysavage
murof
steviegenius
lillyboy
Cilldara_2000
Snowwhite
Rex
Blackadder
tomoneillandhissisteranne
intheback
Highball
kelf
Kildare-Tom
flourman
White Bridge
TommyKeegan
Badger85
Stonecold
lilywhites on tour
white boy
Shergar
Liffey Likes
micky murphy
Cassanata
Flamingo
Onechance
jj
kevhog88
KILL BILL
if_in_doubt
topcat
Lanemusic
bloodsub
hawker
lomond
parcel
maccie
jimmers
Carburyhill
OutTheGap
lilly-exile
Curraghplains
49 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 4:26 am

So, after the weekends results it looks like a win next day out will get us promoted. The only result if we win to stop us will be a draw in tbe Meath v Fermanagh game.

After the tripe we have played this year to actually be in with a shot of promotion is amazing. I'm hoping for that one game where it all goes well. Donegal will obviously be raging hot favourites but all the pressure will be on them.

Stranger things have happened. Oh, don't forget the gumshields.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 7:05 am

The way I see it is as follows:

We must beat Donegal first and then:

If Meath beat Fermanagh we go up.

If Fermanagh beat Meath they will both go up.

If Meath and Fermanagh draw Fermanagh will go up on the 'head to head result against us.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 8:10 am

You are obviously correct. A Fermanagh win puts us out. How costly that couple of minutes in Navan have turned out to be.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 9:12 am

Rex wrote:
You are obviously correct. A Fermanagh win puts us out. How costly that couple of minutes in Navan have turned out to be.

Unfortunately there's been a lot more than a couple of costly minutes in Navan during the league campaign..............
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 10:06 am

jimmers wrote:
Rex wrote:

Unfortunately there's been a lot more than a couple of costly minutes in Navan during the league campaign..............

Again correct however those couple of minutes have had massive repercussions. If we could of held out for another two minutes we would be just about there.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 am

Hard to see Fermanagh winning in Navan, if Meath approach the game anyway professionally.
Straight shoot out in Ballyshannon for promotion I think.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 am

As hard as we tried to avoid promotion we might still get dragged kicking and screaming into division one.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 am

Meath can afford a 10 point loss to Fermanagh and still get promoted. I would expect a bit of squad rotation from them and unless it gets out of hand happily accepting a 3/4 point loss.

They will look back on 2017 when we made wholesale changes against Galway, if we had of beaten Galway, Meath would have joined us in getting promotion. I won’t be expecting any favours from Meath.

Having said that I don’t expect us to be good enough to beat Donegal in Ballyshannon so it may well be a non issue.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 11:20 am

Donegal 4/9. Kildare 9/4.. hope we give this a real go.. probably our last competitiv match before the Championship..
I'd love to see Fellas fighting for that Championship Jersey.. but I just don't see it as there's probably not really enough competition for places.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Of all the teams in with a shot of promotion on the final day across the various leagues we have to be in the most downbeat of positions.

Unfortunately this campaign has been very uninspiring. Wins against the 3 relegation candidate sides and losses against our fellow contenders doesn't bode well for Sunday.

While it was always going to be difficult without Flynn, Kelly, Cribben for the campaign, I would have thought with a solid structure and belief that we would have been well equipped to bounce back to division 1. Alas, we have looked pedestrian and flat across many stages of the campaign.

Sporting success and failure is on such fine margins. Win on Sunday coupled with promotion and you are looking at a side with a pep in their step going into championship. Lose and it probably means curtains...

Best of luck on Sunday lads - Hopefully we have our best performance of the year reserved for Basllyshannon. We will need it. Donegal aren't exactly setting the place alight and they fully expect to win. Going in as underdogs might not be the worst position to be in.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 10:17 pm

What team would people start with? Think I'd stick with same one as last day, although Paddy Brophy must surely me fighting for his championship starting place at this stage. Also, what's the story with Paul Cribbin?

I do think Meath will take care of business in Navan. You'd have to fancy Donegal but hoping the lads can get a huge performance out of themselves. I will be roaring them on passionately anyway.

Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 11:07 pm

Paul Cribbin had set back with injury and will not available this weekend either

Ben McCormack is major doubt for Wicklow game
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 pm

For Kildare to still be in with a chance of promotion after the games this year just shows how mad division 2 is. As for Meath this is there chance to get promotion after how ever long in Division 2 they will be all out to win next weekend .
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 9:47 pm

Have to think whatever two go up will come back down again. It's been a recurring trend. Shows the gap but also, the benefits of somehow managing to stay up for a few years - I think it has been crucial for the likes of Monaghan in cementing their top six place over the past decade. If Meath and Fermanagh go up, I'd be very confident they'd come back down immediately.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 10:01 pm

Would agree – and if we go up, we will be favourites to come straight back down also. But if we want to become proper championship last four competitors we need to be long-term Div 1 fixtures, a la Monaghan, Mayo & Tyrone.

Hoping with the trojan work we're doing at underage we'll eventually get there. But we have to consistent – too often in Kildare we have good spells & then we slump. Post Micko & Geezer eras we had golden opportunities to become proper top-rank county and each time we completely ballsed it up.

There has been progress under Cian but no good if we don't continue to build.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 9:07 am

cant understand why lads keep saying we are missing daniel flynn he left of his own accord a guy who was playing week in week out and would not commit its time to forget him by the way we lost a player to a gum shield and ran donegal very close with 14 maybe we will beat them sunday the pressure is all on donegal
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 12:09 pm

moatesports wrote:
cant understand why lads keep saying  we are missing daniel flynn he left of his own accord a guy who was playing week in week out and would not  commit its time to forget him by the way we lost a player to a gum shield and ran donegal very close with 14 maybe we will beat them sunday the pressure is all on donegal

Jez moate he's badly missed in all fairness.. and whatever Dans reasons were, so be it.. if and when He returns, the vast majority will gladly wellcome the Chap.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 11:04 pm

not doubting his ability ,a serious player i will grant you that but he is gone so its time to forget him and move on no point in bringing his name up every time we loose a game thats all im saying seamus
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 am

moatesports wrote:
not doubting his ability ,a serious player i will grant you that but he is gone so its time to forget him and move on no point in bringing his name up every time we loose a game thats all im saying seamus

Fair enough moate .. shur don't we always look for some excuse or reason.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 4:51 am

Our record in the last game of the league not great in recent seasons. I know we didn't always have something to play for but we even managed to lose 2 league finals in that time.
Still hope they can turn it around and stop the 2nd half collapses that have become a feature in recent weeks.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 8:08 am

Team v Tipperary Donegal

Donnellan, D Hyland, O'Grady, M Hyland, O'Donoghue, Doyle, P Kelly, Feely, Moolick, Conway, Brophy, K Cribben, N Flynn, Healy, J Hyland
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 8:48 am

Surely one or two changes warranted? Little point in saying the 2nd half v Tipp wasn't good enough and putting the same side out again
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 9:26 am

Sometimes you wonder are the management watching the same games as us. There are a couple of lads there who should not be playing. That may be hard but it's the truth.
That second half against Tipp was diabolical and yet here we are with the same team.
Hard to see anything but a Donegal win.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 10:32 am

I know we’re short of options, but it’s hard to believe Aaron Masterson can’t get a place on the team, particularly as a couple of our players seem to be completely out of form.

I think if we attack Donegal with quick ball into the forwards we have a chance but we seem to be programmed to play this ponderous, sideways build up which doesn’t suit the inside forwards we have.

Hard to see us winning with the same team and tactics as last week.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 11:30 am

lillyboy wrote:
Surely one or two changes warranted? Little point in saying the 2nd half v Tipp wasn't good enough and putting the same side out again

Beggars belief.. can't see a result with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Donegal  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Donegal
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next