Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Dublin

Go down 
+35
Blackadder
Highball
micky murphy
bite the pillow
flourman
Snowwhite
Rex
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
FionnMcCool
Gaa1928
Ohtoohtobe
intheback
KILL BILL
Liffey Likes
John_R
Caprea
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Twentyeight
if_in_doubt
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
kickingking
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
LillieLad
inexile
jimmers
Onhisboot
jj
Flamingo
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 10:17 pm

Well, we may as well look ahead...

All most teams in the country can ask versus Dublin is their teams to play till the end and give a good account of themselves.
That is the sad reality of it all. I would like to think bigger men in Moolick, Conway and Feely block up the middle more than anything and give them roles.
Feely sitting back and kicking passes.
Moolick open to the odd longe range effort, but not going too far up to be caught out.
Conway to stay around the centre-back spot and make the odd carry.

The bookies have the handicap at 14. If we just give an honest effort and don't lie down that's the main thing.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 11:56 pm

I do think the more interesting conversation this week is how the financial doping of Dublin is killing the game at a rate of knots. Latest is the GAA realising – duh – that there isn't much interest left in the Leinster championship. Who would have thought one team winning it for an entire decade would do that...

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/leinster-council-taking-a-big-hit-as-gate-receipts-continue-to-fall-38176762.html
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 12:00 am

The next step will be sponsors withdrawing because no brand is going to want their business associated with a competition that's a bad joke...
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 12:44 am

I'm suggesting a team selection made up of some of the harder men from Rheban, Grange and Robertstown.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 2:08 am

Think GAA HQ will be quite happy to let the drive for five dominate this year. If Dublin were to stroll through and beat one of the main contenders easily in the final it will surely force changes.
Trouble is they think a B competition will be sufficient, but it wont alter the huge imbalance between Dublin and the rest. The only solution is to drastically reduce the money spent on Dublin and allocate to the rest. At this stage Dublin can raise enough through sponsorship and they are the only county who doesn't have to fundraise.
As has been said the falling attendances will ultimately be the catalyst for some change. Pity it will have to come to people turning away from football to make them see sense.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 2:08 am

Meanwhile €35 for a stand-ticket if you buy on the day, €30 if you buy in advance! LOL. And the majority of that will then go back to Dublin so maybe next year the handicap can be 20 points. Not fair on the players or management, but a boycott would be wonderful.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 2:19 am

I see Jack Robinson and Padraig Nash are lining out for the Juniors tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 2:25 am

In a weird way, there sort of is a boycott because for what should be a huge game, there is something approaching apathy. Dublin & Kildare supporters who do attend are going out of a sense of duty and habit, that's it. There is no sense of wider excitement or a big event.

And for a fixture that was always box office when I was growing up, that's a truly sad state of affairs. Bravo GAA.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 2:31 am

Hilariously, there are Meath supporters who think they've "closed the gap". They are going to be forced into a severe reappraisal after Leinster final – if they actually beat Laois, that is.

On a happier note, I do think we COULD make Super 8s again with a reasonable qualifier draw. Be hilarious if we end up beating Meath!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 3:56 am

Chances are that Dublin are only at approx 70% at this stage of the season so I would be hopeful of getting within 10 points of them, if we don't concede a hatful of goals of course which is always a possibility for us.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 am

If Kildare take 15 minutes to score this time there will not be any need for a second half.

A run through the qualifiers would have been more helpful.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 am

I understand the apathy and I totally agree with Tommys views on the financial doping and how it has destroyed the Leinster championship. I attend most games and get as frustrated and disappointed as anyone when we under perform. However I would not favour a boycott, rather I would call on all Kildare supporters to get behind our players at the weekend, What if we turned up in huge numbers like Mayo do year in year out, make Croker a sea of white, I think we xan only gain from that, show a bit of pride in ourselves. There are some here who say our players have no bottle or are soft, well what about our supporters, how would we describe ourselves, Cian O'Neill says we are going to Croke Park to win, so I am taking my lead from that. What if we get behind the team as we did for Newbridge or Nowhere, take a look at what Roscommon did to Mayo, Cavan to Monaghan, Clare in the 2nd half to Kerry. Now of course there is the very real possibility that we will get a hiding, we are playing the 4 time all Ireland champions bur I for one will not concede before we even take the field, The lads showed enough last week and last year in super 8s that we can make a game of it, and getting there in big numbers would certainly be welcomed by the lads. Look i'm sure i'm probably pissing against the wind but I know where I will be on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Well said e.s.b. and maybe more discussion about the match itself. What are the predictions around Dublin's kickouts, personally I would like to see Kildare pushing up but I don't necessarily think we will press too high.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 5:27 pm

The players need to hit hard and hit often (all within the rules of the game, or at least out of sight of the officials).
If we’re going down then at least leave a mark on them and let them know they were in a game.
Every player needs to man up and take responsibility for their immediate marker. Win the personal battles. At least be able to say “I did a job on my man”.
If nothing else, a show of good backbone and strength of character will stand to us in the qualifiers and give us something to build on.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 9:38 pm

Dublin could be missing Cooper, Rock, Murchan, Andrews and Mannnion on Sunday. 3 high scoring forwards and their toughest defender. Wont change the likely result but hopefully make it less of a daunting task for us.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 10:58 pm

Yes lads, let’s get out there in great numbers and roar on the boys and after we lose by 15+ points we’ll all feel great about it.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 10:59 pm

e.s.b. wrote:
I understand the apathy and  I totally agree with Tommys views on the financial doping and how it has destroyed the Leinster championship. I attend most games and get as frustrated and disappointed as anyone when we under perform. However I would not favour a boycott, rather I would call on all Kildare supporters to get behind our players at the weekend, What if we turned up in huge numbers like Mayo do year in year out, make Croker a sea of white,  I think we xan only gain from that, show a bit of pride in ourselves. There are some here who say our players have no bottle or are soft, well what about our supporters, how would we describe ourselves, Cian O'Neill says we are going to Croke Park to win, so I am taking my lead from that. What if we get behind the team as we did for Newbridge or Nowhere, take a look at what Roscommon did to Mayo, Cavan to Monaghan, Clare in the 2nd half to Kerry. Now of course there is the very real possibility that we will get a hiding, we are playing the 4 time all Ireland champions bur I for one will not concede before we even take the field, The lads showed enough last week and last year in super 8s that we can make a game of it, and getting there in big numbers would certainly be welcomed by the lads. Look i'm sure i'm probably pissing against the wind but I know where I will be on Sunday.

I wish the players and management the best of luck but I'm not paying Croke Park €30 for them just to hand it straight to Dublin while the game will be as much fun as watching paint dry. €30 will get me a nice afternoon in the pub with a few pints and watching whatever hurling games are televised.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 12:51 am

The two Leinster semi should be played at a neutral venue I cant see where the Leinster council are going to get between 30 to 35000 supporters in croke park this weekend there is just no interest with Kildare and Laois Meath might bring a few and the Dubs are bored plus the cheek of them to charge €35 for a ticket.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 1:12 am

30 euro for a game that's as good as fixed... Realistically there is no interest in Dublin and Kildare. Laois never had a huge following to begin with.

A Meath-Dublin Leinster final would be probably get a decent crowd, although once Meath are bet out the gate that should decisively kill interest in the competition for another few years.

As I said earlier, it's unsustainable.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 1:14 am

We need a couple of years in Div 1 before we can even think about competing with Dublin.

There are still serious flaws in our team which will be ruthlessly exposed. I would say a 20-point beating is on the cards unfortunately.

I do believe this team has it in them to compete at the top level, but they have been so woefully inconsistent over the past 18 months that you simply cannot trust them.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 2:05 am

To compete with Dublin you need a well organised, hard tackling defense and a goal scoring threat. Our defense could best be described as porous and we don't score many goals without Dan on the team. We also allow teams to get a run on us too easily
So its hard to see us avoiding a heavy defeat sadly. Two years ago I felt we had a decent chance but the soft concession of two early goals killed us. Hope i'm wrong and we can produce a performance that we are capable off.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 2:31 am

Hope I'm wrong as well, but Dublin practically have a PhD in tearing suspects defences to shreds, so it's hard to have any optimism about this one.

In 2017, I felt we'd be well able to compete, having had an excellent season and achieved promotion to Div 1. Overall, I thought we did reasonably well in that game - it was comfortable for Dubs in the end but it was something to build on.

I can't over-emphasise what a disaster it was getting relegated last year and failing to be promoted this season. As such, it's a very different story this time around and I fear it could get ugly.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 5:59 am

To be honest I couldn't give two shites about this game and that's being very kind. It's a rigged championship and I'll be damed if I'm going to give the GAA €35 euro a ticket to watch my County be humiliated by some financially doped up entitled shower.
My advice would be for Kildare supporters to boycott the game. Make a point, that we won't be part of this charade which is the Leinster championship. The GAA only sees euro signs, hit them there and it will hurt like nothing else.

I promised myself that I would never to to another Dublin game in Croke park until the GAA change, so basically I will never go again. I look forward to our next game in the qualifiers against a clean team away from the pit that is Croke Park.

I predict a attendance of about 25-30,000 being kind. Not long now until the lid is closed on the Delaney cup and into the dark damp ground it goes.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 6:47 am

Totally agree with Rex. We moved the needle with Newbridge Or Nowhere and I think the paltry crowd on Sun will speak volumes.

I’m totally in favour of a formal boycott personally.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 6:51 am

Kind of funny that a once-decent rivalry has been reduced to them hating us not for any threat on the pitch, but for being at the forefront of pointing out the bullshit and the inevitable consequences that come with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Dublin
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next