Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Next Kildare Manager Empty
PostSubject: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 11:22 pm

So might as well open up the book.....

Thoughts, wishes and ones to avoid.

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 11:30 pm

Malachy O’Rourke or Jack O’Connor please
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 11:46 pm

I'd have to say Malachy O Rourke all things considered.

However if Glenn got it I'd be happy out.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 11:51 pm

Given McHale is coaching Naas this year and has been Kevin McStay's right hand man everywhere he has gone, I would imagine he is interested.

Locally, I suppose Davy Burke and Glenn would be the two front runners, Ross Glavin and possibly Roli would also have to be considered.

Malachy O Rourke or Jack O Connor would be fantastic appointments also.

McGeeney was a real left field choice when he got the job in 2007. Would another trip to Armagh to approach Tony McEntee be worth a look. I am just throwing names out there at this stage. As things stand, we don't even know who has been asked to approch/find a new manager.

Given Syl Merrins had the foresight to pick McGeeney, I think he should be on the committee, other than him, I wold like people stepped in Kildare football tradition to be involved.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 12:08 am

TC you took the words out of my mouth. Syl had the vison and courage to go after KMcG. I think his idea was a proven All Ireland winner along with steely determination. I think Malachy O’Rourke would be worth consideration but my only doubt is he just couldn’t get them over the line not unlike McGeeney with us. We are back to where we were four years ago. This forum not unlike most people in Kildare wanted Cian O’Neill mainly because of his previous involvement with Tipp, Mayo and Kerry. He’s hoping for a revolutionary appointment.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 1:59 am

I know the Geezer one was left field, but I would rather a steady hand for now, or a double-act to bring us on and have some progression.
The thing Geezer also had was a core of MEN like JD, Roli, Earley, Daryl Flynn. Even when Earley was gone Killian Brennan stepped up.
You had lads like Foley, Leper, Bolton and, despite him getting questioned over his passing, Flanno who didn't cower in front of the Dubs.
He asked them the hard questions and they came back for more. He did instil something in them.

Since then the managers have been mudguards from players to take the shite. If we went for a man like O'Rourke who has won Ulsters, who has kept a tony county with no underage success pushing hard year on year they these lads would have to step up or ship out.

Personally I would like Glavin with O'Connor in with him. They know the county, Glavin gets glowing praise from lads I know outside Kildare as a leader in a dressing room as a player.
Then you have the All Ireland winner backing him up and taking zero shite.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 am

O'Rourke or O'Connor.

Spare a thought for the players though as if it doesn't get better under a new manager, suddenly it's all on them and we've been picking on the wrong people. As a side note before moving on, think Cian O'Neill deserves huge thanks too. Didn't work out but hardly his plan as he put in huge hours and there were very good moments in recent years too. Did his best no doubt, all anyone can do.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 2:27 am

Correct Tommy. If O’Rourke came in, I could see blood on the floor after the first few winter training sessions. Lads would be left in no doubt what it would take to be part of his panel and that the efforts put in for the past few years wouldn’t cut it.
And that’s no bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 2:33 am

I would imagine that the new manager has been selected already.
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 2:36 am

I (very loosely) compare our current situation to that of Man Utd. Changing managers but the result ends up the same. There is something in this group of players that isn't right and I think whoever gets the job biggest challenge is not tactics or style of play but is to change the culture within the dressing room.

I'd take a manager who would restore some pride and passion in the players giving them a spine and a set of balls over some tactical genius with loads of experience.

For that reason I think Glenn is the man for the job (Man Utd job of course).
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 2:45 am

Whoever is picked it's time for players to take a stand too as is being said here.
O'Connor and Glavin would be great.
O'Rourke is another great shout and he does let the lads play club.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 3:34 am

I have to admit Malachy O’Rourke is a fascinating prospect... If he could make us defensively more solid - not hard - whilst getting the most out of our forward talent, look out.

T’wud be like Scorsese taking on a low-budget indie flick with crossover potential.

Thanks & best wishes to Cian. Lovely statement he put out. Didn’t work out this year, but there were some great moments, and Newbridge Or Nowhere - and his role in it - will never be forgotten.

Onwards & upwards, Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 3:56 am

Next Kildare Manager 8c51f310
Next Kildare Manager 3603a710
Next Kildare Manager 41140c10
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 4:02 am

Jim McGuinness & Stephen Rochford are both only 20/1?! Someone give them a call.

That would be some joint ticket! Give them a five year term & we’d win the All Ireland.

I actually think it’s a very attractive job, like managing Ajax with the young talent coming through.

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 4:11 am

They’re 20/1 because neither would touch the job 😄 Rochford could get Galway (and win a provincial title) or Donegal when Bonner goes (and win a provincial title).
McGuinness- he’s a professional manager now, we couldn’t afford him.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 4:14 am

Jasus take a chill pill. We have potential but a lot of other counties do too. Its a very tough job to go out there and get the right guy. We thought we had the right guy in Cian o Neill. He did an ok job. But as we suspected his ego got in the way. Rochford is supposed to be a great coach but wasn't Cian o Neill?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 4:18 am

Until we become an established Div 1 county, the league is our most important competition.

As Eamon Callaghan said, it’s time to boycott Leinster. It’s as good as fixed & a complete waste of everyone’s time.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 4:27 am

Agree haunted we need div one status and we need to stay there as long and often as possible.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 5:01 am

Manager Glenn Ryan
Assistant manager Davy Burke
Coach Paul Grimley
Selector / forwards coach Johnny Doyle
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 5:15 am

What is the procedure for picking the next manager? Will there be an applications process, with interviews?
Or the CB picking a manager without hearing all applicants?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 5:17 am

Sounds good to me Sir Gazelle.

It would be good if Burke is involved in some capacity cos he is the obvious choice to take over at some point.

Would like to see Dermot Earley onboard as well cos he is a serious leader.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 5:26 am

[quote="HauntedGraffiti"]Sounds good to me Sir Gazelle.

It would be good if Burke is involved in some capacity cos he is the obvious choice to take over at some point.

Would like to see Dermot Earley onboard as well cos he is a serious leader.[/q

Agree HG, actually I was disappointed that the Glenn Ryan team including Doyle and Earley was not appointed last time but
Back to top Go down
Sorrynotsorry
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 5:52 am

Would like someone outside the County myself tbh. Is a massive decision I agree and one that cant be rushed just to get someone in there. I rather it takes two months to get the right person than two weeks to just get it done
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 9:06 am

Thank god the people on this forum are not making the decision or we’d end up with Cian o Néill again. There will be no change to co chairman this year as during a major capital development ie st conleths park there is a concession to allow the current officers remain in their positions to oversee the project they have started. We could be run by twits for a few years more. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW COUNTY CHAIRMAN WHO CAN BRING PROFESSIONALISM TO THE POSITION ,,,,...everything else will look after itself if we get the right leader.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2019 9:10 am

Shay tompkins wrote:

Thank god the people on this forum are not making the decision or we’d end up with Cian o Néill again. There will be no change to co chairman this year as during a major capital development ie st conleths park there is a concession to allow the current officers remain in their positions to oversee the project they have started. We could be run by twits for a few years more. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW COUNTY CHAIRMAN WHO CAN BRING PROFESSIONALISM TO THE POSITION ,,,,...everything else will look after itself if we get the right leader.
would consider running self for job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next