Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Kildare Manager

Go down 
+58
Badger85
micky murphy
lily4fr
hawker
Kildare98
All down the line
murof
Botch
Ogie
maccie
lilysavage
Club fan
TheManInTheStands
Onechance
lomond
steviegenius
White Bridge
Gaa1928
seamymurphy
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
moatesports
Rex
learmus
Kildaretothebone
bite the pillow
jj
KILL BILL
intheback
kelf
shortgrass
TommyKeegan
Taibi
JohnnyMarr
Shergar
lillyboy
Big Full Back
Snowwhite
Fear An Geata
jimmers
Cilldara_2000
Onhisboot
inexile
flourman
Highball
FionnMcCool
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Kildare-Tom
Cassanata
white boy
Bigfullforward
SeamusMurphy
if_in_doubt
Shay tompkins
kildareking
bigball
Sorrynotsorry
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 5:29 pm

Great news - I think it is a great appointment and a bit of coup to get a manager with his experience. Speaking of coup - just curious, how come the supposed backlash didn't materialize last night at the meeeting?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 6:06 pm

I reckon, don't know for sure but that the person who was going to lead it ran the numbers and reallised he had no support so decided to keep his powder dry for now, he may make some noise at convention, he usually does!
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 6:23 pm

topcat wrote:
I reckon, don't know for sure but that the person who was going to lead it ran the numbers and reallised he had no support so decided to keep his powder dry for now, he may make some noise at convention, he usually does!

Topcat, can you give us some inkling who you're talking about?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Great appointment and has even put a bit of fear in some of the Dubs in my workplace this morning that we maybe on the right track again, so its easy knock the county board but well done whoever sought and got him..... never believed there would be any crap over the appointment last night....
Interesting few weeks and months ahead i hope he makes his presence felt at games over the next few weeks and takes in plenty of them as to me there is serious talent in Kildare and think he will look outside the box a bit too and pick some committed guys that might ruffle a few feathers not just the easy picks...…… and again to me if a player doesn't want to or can't give 120% of his body, mind and soul to the cause that's life but please please please Jack build from youth with no fakers, no more shadowing and we want a team of real men that will fight for the cause and get rid of the shapers...….
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Great news and well done CB who we often criticise on here. Sunday shows that there is no substitute for hard work and tackling no matter how talented a team is. Tackling or the lack of it has been our downfall for a long time. That has to change now.
Best of luck Jack and hope we all can get behind them again.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 2:07 am

Amazing on here, more people interested in commenting on the possibility of someone trying to hijack the appointment that people commenting positively on it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 5:07 am

Best wishes to my own team-mate, Jack and his backroom...………..

He is not known to suffer fools, bluffers or non-triers...….
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 9:10 am

The right coach and strength & conditioning coach is vital. Fitness levels need to come up several notches, Rob Kelly would be worth a shout he is highly qualified and of course familiar with intercounty gaa set up as a former player under Mc Geeney. I think Paul Grimley was our best coach ever, we certainly need someone to coach hard tackling.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 1:56 am

Anyone hear the interview?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 2:10 am

He's done his first interview in today's Nationalist... Headline news: he's going all out to have all the best players in the squad next year.

It would be a good start. If lads turn down Jack O'Connor they need their heads examined.

Other than that, we'll be playing an attacking style of football – though obviously tailored for defensive systems – thinks there's a lot of young talent coming through in Kildare, great potential etc etc. But now it's time to mould them into a team.

First port of call is getting into Div 1. Everything you'd hope for really. Good interview & his enthusiasm for the role really came across.

He obviously didn't get the memo about Kildare supporters being a bunch of savages who are never satisified LOL.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 7:04 am

People have to work and travel in order to pay mortgages and feed kids. The GAA does not put food on the table.

O Connor might do well to remember that.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 9:15 am

Obviously that little joke went way over some heads HG!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 am

Wouldn’t be the first time!

Good job I’m not taking over anyway as I’m making complete pigs ear of FPL league.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 6:26 pm

Heard his interview and read the various newspaper ones. all very consistent with each other!

I really can't wait for the new season to start. So looking forward to see what team he picks, how he sets us up etc. As he realises himself getting out of Div 2 is the first priority!

Bring it on!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Aaron Browne on minor team of the year... Well deserved. More serious prospects on that team with him, Bagnall, Maguire and a few others. Certainly JOC has the raw materials.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Aaron Browne on minor team of the year... Well deserved. More serious prospects on that team with him, Bagnall, Maguire and a few others. Certainly JOC has the raw materials.
bit young for senior setup remember Minor is u17 nowadays
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Right and why did Donegal play Oisin Gallen and Paddy McBrearty when they were teenagers?
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Right and why did Donegal play Oisin Gallen and Paddy McBrearty when they were teenagers?
ask Donegal management

Well at moment there are 50 -70 players on list from clubs Championship games
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Looking at the club championship joc will need his full term to improve Kildare
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Is there any word of anyone else joining the backroom team?
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 8:55 am

Any word on our league fixtures for next year? I see Dublin’s listed on hogan stand website but boost else mentioned unsurprisingly.....
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 9:07 am

jj wrote:
Any word on our league fixtures for next year? I see Dublin’s listed on hogan stand website but boost else mentioned unsurprisingly.....
not official could be 4 home 3 away.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 10:20 pm

Thinking about our possible team for next year, centre half back is still very problematic position for us.

I don't think Eoin Doyle ever fully worked and in Cian's last year, the roving sweeper actually made it worse. Tyrone destroyed us with their running game.

I wonder who could fill it... Gibbons was really good in that position for U20s but he's obviously still very young.

Maybe JOC will go back to Doyle... I think Doyle could do with change of scenery as well tbh.

Goalkeeping and defence a huge priority for us next year, both individually and collectively. We've very rarely been watertight post-Geezer.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 10:25 pm

What about David Hyland and Kevin Flynn wing backs

Would not be surprised if jack had three goalkeepers in Panel to spice up competition

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Wing back is probably Hyland's best position.

I think Aaron O'Neill should be starting next year... Donnellan doesn't have the range of kicking of the top Div 1 keepers, Cluxton, Beggan, Morgan, Patton.

Very loose idea of team for possible team for league next year, injuries, commitment etc permitting...
Just throwing it out there so the usual suspects can hold off the diatribes/hate mail/death threats etc, thanks.

O'Neill

Dempsey
O'Grady
P Kelly

D Hyland
????
K Flynn

Feely
Masterson

Robinson
P Cribbin
Conway

McLoughlin
D Flynn
J Hyland

Conway definitely Kildare footballer of the year this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Kildare Manager   Next Kildare Manager - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Kildare Manager
Page 16 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next