Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+54
Wonderful barn
CillDara71
Onhisboot
FlourBag_1
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Southern Gael
Carbury legend
Gaa1928
Cilldara_2000
OutTheGap
topcat
Taibi
moatesports
White Bridge
seamymurphy
Kildare98
murof
Caprea
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
jobluts
bite the pillow
lomond
TommyKeegan
Highball
learmus
Flamingo
Cassanata
micky murphy
Curraghplains
steviegenius
jj
LillieLad
Botch
kelf
Dido
ixus
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
lily4fr
white boy
Liffey Likes
SamMaguire
Badger85
jimmers
walsheman
lillyboy
All down the line
Ogie
Hurlerbehindtheditch
totalgaa
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 12:06 am

Jesus Tommy thats cruel... Was always a tough ask but when you see it like that...

Realistically adding in food and drink you are looking at €650 ish without staying the night !

Compared to the few lads coming down the road with a few pints on board in Marino to watch their Harlem globe trotters. Yikes.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 12:16 am

You'd have to wonder what Dubs fans are getting out of this past couple of years – I follow Celtic but it's long time since I derived any pleasure from winning SPL as it's such a farce. Ditto surely PSG fans in France.

Tbh, a new Kildare management team feels like shuffling deck chairs on the titantic. For us to win ONE Leinster in next 10 years, we need top management team, all of the players on board, huge support and the team to play the game of their lives against Dublin.

Even that mightn't be enough – Mayo ticked all of the above several times against Dubs and didn't win once.

Having said that, if players are onboard next year for another push, no doubt I'll be there too as, well, what else are we gonna do? Tis our lives.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 12:21 am

You know this idiotic argument about "how come Dublin aren't dominating at underage..."

There are various factors – including the fact they don't play all their games at home at underage – but they are now just cherrypicking best young talent to step into a winning set-up that's as good as professional and they want for nothing.

Consider this: of the players who featured against Mayo, Diarmuid Connolly, Eoin Murchan, Brian Howard, Con O'Callaghan, Jack McCaffrey, Ciaran Kilkenny – all on underage teams beaten by Kildare.

The Dublin senior team is now a different beast and will dominate next decade with a side order of Kerry. Other teams will be doing well to scrape one or two All Irelands, all while general attendances go through the floor.

Brutal.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 12:34 am

Taibi wrote:
No, it is shocking. It's an amateur sport. If you weren't an ignorant meat-head Dub you'd want your head examined to pay that money.

You paid €8 into club championship at the weekend and most likely got to see a double or triple header and you're moaning about that?

Stop talking shite.
I paid €10 into Newbridge clown. Just shows you what you know.
And it was worth the tenner.
I saw three games.

I am Kildare man through and through and on executive of my club too for many years and am still a young man.
Our club has improved no end under the guidance and hard work I and others in my community have done.

If Mayo were playing Kerry this weekend €90 would be fine in most peoples heads.
The fact Dublin are more than likely going to win the event ios not worth €90. That's the issue.

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 am

Botch wrote:
Taibi wrote:
No, it is shocking. It's an amateur sport. If you weren't an ignorant meat-head Dub you'd want your head examined to pay that money.

You paid €8 into club championship at the weekend and most likely got to see a double or triple header and you're moaning about that?

Stop talking shite.
I paid €10 into Newbridge clown.  Just shows you what you know.
I saw three games.

I am Kildare man through and through and on executive of my club too for many years and am still a young man.
Our club has improved no end under the guidance and hard work I and others in my community have done.

If Mayo were playing Kerry this weekend €90 would be fine in most peoples heads.
The fact Dublin are more than likely going to win the event ios not worth €90.  That's the issue.

Oh, it was worth the tenner now? Earlier you moaned about the quality of the three club games you paid a massive €10 to see but you see no issue with paying €90 to watch an All Ireland final.

I couldn't care less how young or how hard you work. Do you want a medal?

I think there's only one clown on here talking shite.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 1:00 am

Ah I dunno Botch, I don't care who is playing that rise is needless. Also in terms of optics, with all the chat about the Grab All Association and all that shite, why do they give it more ammo.
The Super 8s also adds so much more expense to fans too.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 1:09 am

Taibi wrote:
Botch wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Stop talking shite.
I saw three games.

The fact Dublin are more than likely going to win the event ios not worth €90.  That's the issue.

Oh, it was worth the tenner now? Earlier you moaned about the quality of the three club games you paid a massive €10 to see but you see no issue with paying €90 to watch an All Ireland final.

I never complained once about paying the tenner.
Read the post idiot.
The post was about the games and the standard of play. Not about the cost in.

I never asked for a medal.
All I am pointing out is that I put in the work on the ground and know what I am talking about.

Keep burying your hard in the sand and hoping things will change.

I am out there with others trying to do it.

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 1:11 am

Flamingo wrote:
Ah I dunno Botch, I don't care who is playing that rise is needless. Also in terms of optics, with all the chat about the Grab All Association and all that shite, why do they give it more ammo.
The Super 8s also adds so much more expense to fans too.

The GAA are certainly not helping themselves. I totally agree. They have made a lot of mistakes this year in a lot of areas.
John Horan is also rubbing people up the wrong way
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 1:15 am

Ah I think he can't win sometimes and needs to be advised a bit better. How many comms and marketing people in there and they never seem to help him.
When I heard the talk of 'learning to be taken' from the ticket scramble I could not believe it. That is US Corporate crisis management speak.
TALK FUCKIN' PROPER LADS!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 am

Botch wrote:
Taibi wrote:
Botch wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Stop talking shite.
I saw three games.

Read the post idiot.
The post was about the games and the standard of play.  Not about the cost in.

All I am pointing out is that I put in the work on the ground and know what I am talking about.

You're a great lad for the name calling, it really displays your lack of intelligence.

Out where trying to do what exactly?
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 1:33 am

Taibi wrote:
Botch wrote:
Taibi wrote:
Botch wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Stop talking shite.
I saw three games.

Read the post idiot.
The post was about the games and the standard of play.  Not about the cost in.

You're a great lad for the name calling, it really displays you're lack of intelligence.

Out where trying to do what exactly?

Ha.
So where did the 'ignorant meat-head Dub' reference come from in your first response?

I started in my club like a lot of other people.
From my early twenties I was on the club executive when a lot of my friends thought I was mad as they kept away from the running of the club.
Along with a lot of other people our club have improved its facilities and its playing numbers.

As I said instead of talking about it I have put my head on the block at county level on a couple of committees.
Trying to get things through and certain changes done.
Some have gone through. Some did not.
It is very difficult to get certain things done and it seems to take an age to get it done but at least I can say I tried.
And I will try again.

I like everyone here would like to see a strong Kildare and a strong club scene too.

By the way I don't want a medal. There are hundreds more doing the same.

Would like Kildare to win few all ireland medals though.

Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 1:37 am

I'm reasonably sure that Taibi spoke to "ignorant meat-head Dub[s]" in general and was not calling you one.

But anyway, Botch, you're clearly not as good as the Dublin volunteers. You've got to up your game if we want to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 1:40 am

Adding the Super 8 series in has really impacted on how expensive it has become to follow your team. This has to impact on attendances. Playing the games in such a compact timeframe means it is being put beyond the reach of many ordinary Gaa followers and in particular families. Given the outcome is predictable it makes it difficult for people to justify that expense knowing the likely outcome. Maybe a Super 8 season ticket with reduced pricing maybe an idea to help reduce the burden. On the Club scene here in Kildare, we badly need to look at introducing a proper ticketing structure. This lark of having to pay €10 into Conleths and then another €10 into Hawkfield on the same day to see two matches is a right cod. We should have Championship tickets, Weekend tickets and more promotion of our games to encourage people to watch our games. instead we are busying placing obstacles to stop people watching our games. Club League matches €5 represent great value but we just dont promote the games enough to get people engaged. The issue is you see the same faces at games all the time. Unfortunately that generation are moving on. Need to take radical action before its only the players and officials at games. Sometimes you cant even get the officials to turn up either, but that's for another day.

Last edited by Hurlerbehindtheditch on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 1:45 am

Our club scene is strong, though. It has improved a lot in recent times. Granted, attendances weren't great at the weekend (certainly at the games in Hawkfield on Sunday anyway), the bad weather and other big games on TV kept people away - the latter being a total screw up by the fixture planners.

A strong Kildare depends on a lot more than the local club scene. Dublin are a massive problem now in terms of getting lads to commit. Anyone disputing this has their heads in the sand. Lads are not going to put their lives on hold for the chance to win the right to be humiliated by the Dubs in their own back yard.

Going back to the original point of this debate, you'll never convince me €90 is a fair price to charge to watch an amateur sport, competitive or not. That's more than a days wages for a massive chunk of the population. Amateur ethos my arse.

Last edited by Taibi on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 1:49 am

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
I'm reasonably sure that Taibi spoke to "ignorant meat-head Dub[s]" in general and was not calling you one.

But anyway, Botch, you're clearly not as good as the Dublin volunteers. You've got to up your game if we want to catch up.

Obviously not. They are some serious volunteers in Dublin Wink
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 2:25 am

Whoever the next Kildare manager is, this isn't an easy sell. We need a couple of years in Div 1 before we can even think about giving Dublin a game, never mind beating them.

So effectively you're saying to lads, "I need you to put your heart & soul into this for a few years. At the end of that, we MIGHT be able to compete with Dublin. Now, I know in the meantime, your mates are going out, they're travelling, they're having the time of their lives, but... er... not sure where I was going with this..."

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 2:29 am

Be great if we knew what our county board's strategic approach was. Is it to win Leinster in five years? Push the GAA for a redistribution of funds? Call on the association to split Dublin?

I mean, do we even HAVE a strategic plan?! Like, getting young lads to throw their lot in today when they have god knows how many options – you need to know your business.

Not exactly sure what we're offering currently beyond aimless wandering & praying for a miracle.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 2:32 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Be great if we knew what our county board's strategic approach was. Is it to win Leinster in five years? Push the GAA for a redistribution of funds? Call on the association to split Dublin?

I mean, do we even HAVE a strategic plan?! Like, getting young lads today to throw their lot in today when they have god knows how many options – you need to know your business.

Not exactly sure what we're offering currently beyond aimless wandering & praying for a miracle.

I know there is a full acceptance that the game is rigged in favour of the Dubs, but honestly as HG says we need some real vision too.
Say what you want but the Dubs had a plan, asked for a shitload of cash, were given it, spent it and spent it well.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 2:37 am

At least if we're making moves to redress the financial balance and get a more level playing field, it would be something.

Being stuck perennially in Div 2 and getting our arses handed to us by Dublin each summer not exactly a tantalising lifestyle choice.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 3:13 am

See cork Gaa appointed High performance coach for al codes from Underage to senior
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 6:47 pm

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
See cork Gaa appointed High performance  coach for al codes from Underage to senior

Cian O'Neill involved in the committee that selected him.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 pm

If anyone wants to cheer themselves up this Wednesday morning... Where to begin. Best just laughing.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/even-though-might-not-like-will-impact-im-sure-mind-games-flowing-205537
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 9:34 pm

Shouldn’t pass with out being mentioned but was very proud to be a Kildare person over the last few days as Emer Fogarty was a terrific ambassador for our county. Her father would have been the proudest man in the afterlife. In what can be a bizzare and sometimes toe curlingly cringe worthy event she was as classy a person as one could be in any circumstance.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 10:11 pm

is there any j p Mcmanus types in kildare that would finance a 3 year plan to win sam ?
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 10:53 am

The sheiks maybe? We do support the racing big time in Kildare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next