Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+54
Wonderful barn
CillDara71
Onhisboot
FlourBag_1
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Southern Gael
Carbury legend
Gaa1928
Cilldara_2000
OutTheGap
topcat
Taibi
moatesports
White Bridge
seamymurphy
Kildare98
murof
Caprea
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
jobluts
bite the pillow
lomond
TommyKeegan
Highball
learmus
Flamingo
Cassanata
micky murphy
Curraghplains
steviegenius
jj
LillieLad
Botch
kelf
Dido
ixus
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
lily4fr
white boy
Liffey Likes
SamMaguire
Badger85
jimmers
walsheman
lillyboy
All down the line
Ogie
Hurlerbehindtheditch
totalgaa
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 9:52 pm

I'd rather be in Division Four than let that scumbag Sheikh Mohammed al Maktoum in the gates of Conleth's.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 3:38 am

say what you like about the dubs they have great heart and win huge amount of dirty ball , kerry are close , i hope our boys watched that and said it could be us , have we got the right stuff ?
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 3:58 am

We haven't won dirty ball since Declan Kerrigan retired. Can't think of one Kildare player who would fight to win back possession like Dublin did today.
Hopefully we will see a huge change in that as turning over possession is essential in the modern game.
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 11:20 am

We've no Player at this level.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 7:03 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
I'd rather be in Division Four than let that scumbag Sheikh Mohammed al Maktoum in the gates of Conleth's.

Agreed, although Kildangan did provide lots of summer and full time jobs for younger members of the panel during the early to late nineties.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 8:00 pm

Great to see Kerry put it up to the Dubs yesterday and gives some hope to the rest of the counties.... they have a young team and play football to me that's something we have to aspire to and in particular their hunger and intensity..... which we get it hard to replicate for some reason.... its hard to believe that Sean OShea?? and David Clifford were eligible for U'20 last year.... thank god they weren't available to them!!!!
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 10:15 pm

Kildare are light years away form what I saw yesterday it would take a minor miracle to get that close.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 10:23 pm

True, after the last few years effort and inconsistent performances, however with the correct coaching, tactics and a plan Kildare could get very close, i.e. into the top 6. Could take 3 to 4 years. Doesn't mean an all-Ireland win but definitely capable of competing.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 6:03 am

Ross Munnelly on Newstalk on the All Irelabd Final, " Kerry's display put to bed completely any discussions about Dublin's advantages"....... really?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 8:36 pm

Utter waffle from Munnelly... Also gushing about Connolly’s “leadership” - all he did was drive a 50-yard shot wide! Think even Connolly would say it was OTT.

Amazing how many really good players make terrible analysts!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 10:28 pm

General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Kildar12

Left-field but just curious as saw it over weekend. The under-16 hurlers.

Have we ever wore black to this extent as part of home kit before?
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 11:52 pm

It's more of a navy, seemingly the development squads use them but don't know why
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 11:57 pm

Ah okay, cheers Lillyboy.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 1:17 am

Could be a thing that you have to progress to wearing the white of Kildare but maybe I'm over thinking it
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 2:44 am

I have never in my life seen a piece of "analysis" like Joe Brolly's contention that Cooper's second – actually third – foul was a free out... New realms of absurdity even for Joe. How does he actually get away with it... Does he have compromising pics of Declan McBennett? I only saw it later as I watched the game live on Sky like I do all the time now. He and Spillane are such dinosaurs at this stage it is absolutely mortifying for RTE. Was surprised at Ciaran Whelan who is usually a great analyst taking Brolly's lead, though at least he admitted he got it wrong.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/rte-will-not-review-booking-panelists-from-competing-counties-in-gaa-coverage-948050.html
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 3:02 am

Just saw this, fair play to John Fogarty for calling it out. Also, Joanne Cantwell is much better than Michael Lyster at calling out RTE pundits' complete bullshit... I'd say she's mortified listening to half the stuff.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/columnists/john-fogarty/pundits-cant-be-allowed-put-county-loyalties-above-facts-947913.html
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 3:38 am

I don't think anyone should be on TV analysing games for their own county. Descends into "ah sure we don't have a chance," with a disingenuous laugh as if this is banter to pure bias once the game begins.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 4:41 am

Slab head whelan should be sacked from that role.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 5:49 am

Much as it kills me to give praise to a Laois man and a Meath man, I have to say Colm Parkinson's GAA hour podcast is brilliant. Cian Ward's analysis is different class. Totally put the "analysis" from RTE and other radio stations to shame. And our own Johnny Doyle is sometimes on! Have a listen and see what ye think:

https://soundcloud.com/sportsjoe-gaa-hour
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 am

Re development of St Conleth's Park from tonight

St Conleths Park development still on hold as the county board still await news of government grants, which are expected in October or early November. Ger Donnelly says that everything is still in place and ready to go in terms of the development
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 8:55 am

Johnny C agree - The GAA Hoor always essential listening.

Irish Examiner podcast with Mike Quirke good listening this week too, good analysis from Dr Cian O’Neill.

Incidentally possibly my favorite ever GAA quote in Irish Times over weekend... Jackie Lyne on the origins of Kerry’s footballing greatness: “With those bastards of mountains in front of us and those hoors of lakes behind us, sure what else is there to do except play football.”
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 9:10 am

Fancy Dubs to edge replay but I give Kerry great chance. Like Mayo, they don’t give a shit about media hype & just tear into them.

If we get back to Div 1, I honestly think there will come a day when we rip their heads off in championship & end their Leinster run.

And it will be the ultimate victory, better even than 2000.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 9:03 pm

I see on O'Neill's website we are due a new jersey. Anyone know if home and away and when?

Saw Offaly's new efforts today, re-inforced how bad ours are!
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 1:26 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
I see on O'Neill's website we are due a new jersey. Anyone know if home and away and when?

Saw Offaly's new efforts today, re-inforced how bad ours are!
Kildare had New away this year for championship
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 3:12 am

Ah okay, stuck with that yoke for another season so. Seems home and keeper's jersey due an update. Saw the Offaly ones earlier. Stunning. Hopefully some small effort put into ours this time around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next