Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Highs and lows of the decade

Go down 
+3
LillieLad
Badger85
Rex
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Highs and lows of the decade Empty
PostSubject: Highs and lows of the decade   Highs and lows of the decade Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2019 8:11 am

Following on from team of the decade what's your 3 highs and lows of the decade.

Highs
U20 All Ireland
Newbridge or nowhere / Mayo game
Beating Meath in Croke park by 8

Special mention for Minors beating Dublin after a trilogy of games.

Lows
Donegal defeat in 2011
Down in Croke Park 2010
Carlow in Tullamore

Special mention for Kerry Humiliation in Croke Park
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Highs and lows of the decade   Highs and lows of the decade Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2019 9:41 am

Also, beating Meath in Tullamore.

Low: Wexford on Croke Park. Shocking match eve though we
won.

Low: any Dublin game post 2011.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Highs and lows of the decade   Highs and lows of the decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 12:16 am

Highs: Beating Meath in 2010 2011 and 2017? Cork win under Jason Ryan, The Mayo win and the u20 win

Lows: Kerry loss, Westmeath loss, Monaghan loss, Tyrone loss, Armagh loss and the Carlow loss and that prick Poacher....
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Highs and lows of the decade   Highs and lows of the decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 4:17 am

LillieLad wrote:
Highs: Beating Meath in 2010 2011 and 2017? Cork win under Jason Ryan, The Mayo win and the u20 win

Lows: Kerry loss, Westmeath loss, Monaghan loss, Tyrone loss, Armagh loss and the Carlow loss and that prick Poacher....
...and that prick poacher. Lillie Lad, i'm nominating you for post comment of 2019. Feckin full as a fool here with food and drink but laughed my arse off when i came across this. What a feckin low that was coming out of Tullamore that day...my brother was born in 1954 and i rang him after the match saying that the last time Carlow beat us in championship was the year before he was born !!! Anyway onwards and upwards...roll on 2020. Happy Christmas Lillie Lad.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Highs and lows of the decade   Highs and lows of the decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 10:17 am

For me the main highs were Newbridge Or Nowhere & the U20 AI. After that, getting to 2010 AI semi and the couple of promotions to Div 1. And all the underage trophies + wins over Dublin.

Lows... Losing every league game in 2018 followed by Carlow debacle was appalling but definitely for me 2015 was worst year ever following Kildare. First relegation to Div 3 and then the Dublin & Kerry annihilations which were the most humiliated I ever felt as a Kildare supporter.

Only for minors winning Leinster that year might have thrown the hat at it altogether.

Anyway happy Xmas to everyone on forum - here’s to more adventures in the new decade...
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Highs and lows of the decade   Highs and lows of the decade Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2019 9:59 pm

Highs : Moorefield winning Leinster in 2017
Newbridge or Nowhere
Under 20 All Ireland

Lows :. Far too many to mention.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Highs and lows of the decade   Highs and lows of the decade Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2019 8:32 am

Highs : U20'S, we actually won an AI at last.
Other than that a few wins over Meath was all I could get excited over .
Lows: So many heavy defeats whenever we came up against a good team. However the one that hurt the most was the loss to Donegal in 2011. Leaving Croke park that evening was a similar feeling to Galway in 2000, the end of an era when we were close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highs and lows of the decade   Highs and lows of the decade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highs and lows of the decade
Page 1 of 1