Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Kildare v Fermanagh

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
moatesports
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 7:48 am

Did anyone notice much difference in patterns of play today v last management team? Keeper great shot
stopper no improvement in kick out strategy Doyle badly needed in half back line, Robinson will like top of the ground, great to have games again
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Newbridgeornowhere
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 7:57 am

Hard judge Robinson against Fermanagh blanket defence system
Back to top Go down
lilliesabu
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 8:09 am

Really good win , I thought Donnellan did well in goals but is hesitant on kickouts , Liam Healy played well after a dodgy start, Con Kavanagh and Shea Ryan had excellent games working really hard. Ryan did really well for Dan’s goal. Tommy Moolick did well at midfield.Paddy Brophy improved in second half and Dan Flynn was immense and always a threat. Kevin Flynn made a huge difference when introduced.Hope we get the injured players back but we head for Ennis with confidence.
Back to top Go down
Newbridgeornowhere
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 8:11 am

On kicks out the two Kildare midfielders are behind their markers when ball kick out
Back to top Go down
JohnnyC
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 8:19 am

Great to get the win even though we didn't play that well. Fermanagh are a hard team to play well against. Hopefully we'll get confidence from the win and the performances will improve.

We looked vulnerable to quick breaks and were lucky not to concede a couple of goals in the first half. I think we still have problems in defence but Fermanagh were not good enough to take advantage. I thought Con Kavanagh and Shea Ryan played well and give us more options in the half back line.

David Hyland going off was a big loss as he was playing well and took his goal brilliantly. I thought all the subs did well, particularly Kevin Flynn, Keith Cribbin and Eoin Doyle.

It was tough going for the forwards and I thought we took a lot of wrong options but it's hard to judge forwards against Fermanagh. Paul Cribbin still looks a bit rusty but it was good to see Paddy Brophy play well again. Daniel Flynn probably didn't play well by his standards but he scored 1-2 and caught a couple of great balls at midfield. He's just so important for us.
Back to top Go down
e.s.b.
Intercounty
Intercounty
e.s.b.

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 8:39 am

I thought that we tried to get forward quicker than under previous management, it didn't work out a lot of the time due to Fermanagh defensive system but I think the intent was there
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
HauntedGraffiti

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 10:07 am

When Fermanagh kicked four in a row to go a point up, there was definitely part of me thinking, here we go again, but we showed showed great resolve to dig out a win - and Flynn’s goal was brilliantly worked.

We definitely struggled at times at both ends of the field - picked off too easily on the counter & struggled to break down a massed defence. The usual. Fermanagh hitting cross bar in the first half a major let-off.

This is though a new selection of players under a new management, so I definitely think we’ll get more cohesive throughout the campaign. Thought Kavanagh & Ryan bought a good edge to the defence, Moolick was excellent - despite people here slagging him off in run up to game - and the Cribbins put in a real shift.

Neil Flynn missed a couple but nailed a few when we really needed them, Brophy flitted in & out but worked like a maniac when the game was in the melting pot. If he can start kicking a couple again then we’re really in business.

Robinson ran himself into ground & showed flashes of the sublime skill he has. Daniel Flynn was MOTM. Niall Kelly’s confidence is shot & he’s probably best deployed as an impact sub til he finds some form again.

I was stood beside Kieran McGeeney - he was there on his own, courted no attention whatsoever & was busy taking notes. Expecting another feisty game next week against Clare team who are always a handful for us, for whatever reason. No Gary Brennan which Kevin Feely probably particularly relieved about - he struggles more against him than Brian Fenton.

Overall, loads to work on, but a good start & I’m looking forward to rest of campaign.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
HauntedGraffiti

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 10:22 am

Donnellan has a lot of qualities as a keeper but his kickouts aren’t in the same league as the very best keepers - Beggan, Patton, Morgan, Cluxton.

Then again, Shane Ryan & David Clarke’s kickouts aren’t particularly exceptional either. I’d have O’Neill in but O’Connor erring on side of experience.
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 11:20 pm

We would have lost this game if we didn't have the 2 Flynns back.

Daniel was great in patches yesterday but that's just the type of player he is and would take it any day of the week. For me the man of the match yesterday was Kevin Flynn, he changed the game when he came on and was able to break the Fermanagh defensive line on a good few occasions.

If Paul Cribbin can get back to where he was before injury the 3 of them are serious additions back into the team.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
HauntedGraffiti

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 11:33 pm

Yeah K Flynn excellent when he came on. Thought O'Connor got the substitutions right – K Cribbin and Doyle also had an impact when they came on and brought up the energy levels.

It was all too static in the first half. Not enough movement from forwards and we didn't press hard enough without the ball.
Back to top Go down
kevhog88
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 11:35 pm

Delighted with that win tbh. Kildare lads stood up top fermanagh and ground out the win. a big positive and ill go to ennis with confidence this week. Only negative for me is our kickouts, Donellan is poor to spot a man free and launches it into traffic too often. He attempted to put it out to feely in the second half yesterday when he was being double marked. Would like to see oneill in goals.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 7:33 am

Surely practice, practice, as a team to me not enough movement too many jogging out with back to the ball, watch the top teams ever player is moving you cannot blame keeper All the time
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Good win to get to kick off the new year, good to see a few new faces and lads back....
I have to ask the question did anyone see anything different than they have seen for the last few years? Dan Flynn maybe but he possibly would of played for whatever new manager comes in and realistically you play for the county not the manager.
Hopefully over the next few weeks we will see a bit of real intensity and tackling..... for some reason i didn't come away overly excited thinking we have turned a corner........ maybe just me....
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 11:02 pm

Think we need to give it time. New manager won't overhaul skills and gameplans in a few weeks. Kind of thing that could take 18 months, so as long as their is gradual improvement, and results are decent, that's a good enough combination.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
HauntedGraffiti

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 11:12 pm

Yeah, there were real flaws in the performance, like the shaky defence, which Clare could exploit next weekend, nevermind Kerry, Dublin, Mayo etc.

We have to concentrate on each game. Like a lot of teams, the league is our most important competition this year. To get to the level we aspire to, we have to get to Div 1 and stay there.

Next stop Ennis, where you can be sure their pacy, clever attackers will give us a serious headache as usual.
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 9:19 am

Good solid start to year .great to see kev flynn and of course dan in form. Good few positives. Hopefully we can drive it on this weekend
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 8:46 pm

I'd agree there was no major change but it's unfair to judge it after one game and especially when it is against a team as defensive as Fermanagh.

The only reason Fermanagh were still in the game was because of stupid turnovers which have plagued us for years. We can't play with a more expansive game plan when we can't get the basics right and its not going to be fixed by January for sure.
Back to top Go down
HauntedGraffiti
All-Star
All-Star
HauntedGraffiti

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 12:05 am

Ryan McMenamin's interview after the game was hilarious, in a good way.

Felt Fermanagh were the better team and should have won (debatable). Was also critical of your man who missed from six yards – not because he didn't score the goal, but because he didn't dive for a penalty!

He's some character. Great warrior on the field in fairness. Always a man to grab a game – or Paul Galvin – by the balls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Fermanagh   Kildare v Fermanagh - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Fermanagh
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: