Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Roscommon

Go down 
+32
kildareking
Kildare98
murof
kevhog88
moatesports
white boy
CillDara71
Curraghplains
LillieLad
OutTheGap
micky murphy
bk2
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
Fear An Geata
flourman
steviegenius
Botch
Gaa1928
Lillyforever
Taibi
Badger85
CantonasCollar
Liffey Likes
inexile
MamaBear
Shergar
golfman
jimmers
TommyKeegan
tomoneillandhissisteranne
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 8:13 pm

I think very unfair to label Tommy Moolick a 20 minute player...but I do understand why he isn't starting - I don't think him & Feely together is a mobile enough partnership. So I understand why Jack is trying Hyland as Feely's partner. (though the jury is very much still out on whether it is working)
We really are missing Fergal Conway so badly, either at midfield or wing forward he would make a huge difference to this team.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Drop in Shane o Sullivan at C.F and see what Happens. He a big lad, well able to mind himself.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:30 pm

It was Jason Ryan's fault, then it was con. Now it's jack o conners. I think we seem to be missing something, lost to carlow, a post saved us in tullamore v Longford last year, OK we won replay, maybe we are just about no 16 or 17 in pecking order Cork would be a hard win, we are where we are
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
kevhog88
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:34 pm

white boy wrote:
Drop in Shane o Sullivan at C.F and see what Happens. He a big lad, well able to mind himself.

Put him in ff along side 2 flynns and put tyrell at half forward. Let tyrell and D flynn switch in and
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:46 pm

Think most of us now realise that we don't have have enough good players to compete with the top 12 teams. Our backs were never good enough, can't tackle and nowhere near aggressive enough. Our midfield is Feely with insufficient help from whoever's alongside. We rely on goals from Dan and long range points from Cribben to run up winning scores. Neither have been doing that lately and we are not scoring enough to win tight matches.
Bit like the Rugby team, we may have to give youth a run and lower our expectations for a while.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 10:01 pm

Amidst all the fallout, I hadn't really looked ahead to Laois game... But giving it some thought, I think our goose might be cooked. Three areas where I think they could do us serious damage...

1. Their forwards are moving well, and if they get good supply into our O'Carroll, our full back line simply isn't good enough to cope. I actually don't see anyway around this – they simply aren't good enough, full stop. Can anyone come up with a counter argument based on recent evidence?!

2. Even when we were going reasonably well in 2017/18, the centre of our defence was always suspect and Eoin Doyle never fully mastered the position. Jack O'Connor's latest solution is... Eoin Doyle again, so if Laois get the likes of O'Loughlin breaking at pace, they are going to create goal chances.

3. If O'Loughlin gets tight to Feely and Laois flood the surrounding area for breaks, they have dismantled our kickout strategy. That is literally all we have – Donnellan isn't particularly adept at the short clipped ones, and he definitely can't do the Cluxton/Beggan pinpoint wing deliveries to set attacks in motion, so it's Feely or bust. Of course, we could play Aaron O'Neill... But he hasn't had any game time so it turns out he isn't really an option at all.

I really think we could be screwed here, you'd think the drop couldn't happen, but it happened in 2015 and it happened to Cork last year. This time, we have the added ignominy of a Tier 2 championship no one gives a s**t about, so that really puts the tin hat on it.

Obviously hope I'm completely wrong, but that's the way I see it. We are not far off Hail Mary territory at this stage.
Back to top Go down
kildareking
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 10:31 pm

You know what the sad thing is for me, is that I thought we actually improved on our previous games. Lets be realistic, the main reason kildare lost is down to softness. Roscommon played very poor for a part in that game, and it was kildares to win, but our mental naievity and frailty lost it for us. We are soft end of. I dont count shouldering and handbags in the middle of the field as a solution to combat softness either. Its embedded in this team. Giving away cheap handpasses, sidelines and general kick passes in stages of the match where you could kick on and win is a true sign of softness.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 12:28 am

Clare have to play Fermanagh. If they win Kildare will have to win 2 more games at least.

I think they are shagged.

Back to top Go down
Cracker95
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 1:52 am

May forget about last 3 games next 3 are probably the biggest games to be played in years be disaster if we go to Division 3 especially with the new format
Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 2:30 am

Laois 6/4. Kildare 4/6.. 15/2 for the Draw.
Back to top Go down
Club fan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 7:08 am

I Id actually target o loughlin with kevin flynn. O loughlin has zero mobility. Id have flynn run at him all day long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Roscommon   Kildare v Roscommon - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Roscommon
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5