Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tommy Moolick

Go down 
+12
Curraghplains
Gaa1928
lilysavage
TheManInTheStands
Kildare98
murof
seamymurphy
TommyKeegan
Twentyeight
ClaneLillywhite
KILL BILL
Cilldara_2000
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2020 9:30 am

Reported on social media that Tommy Moolick has retired from inter county football. This is a shame. He had much to offer and is presumably only 28 years old. I highly rated him since the disaster in Pearse Park in 2010 when many more highly rated players lost the heads but he kept his shoulder to the wheel on the sinking ship. People don't realise that for every Niall Buckley you need a Willie McCreery.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2020 9:33 am

On Kildare panel since 2011
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2020 8:12 pm

I think he was grossly underused and never got the credit he deserved, he could give a lesson in commitment to many currently on the panel
Back to top Go down

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2020 11:58 pm

Class act. Very under appreciated by managers I feel
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 1:07 am

Great servant. Workrate guaranteed. Always chipped 8n with a point or two as well. Lacked pace but you onew what you were getting from Tommy.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 4:36 am

Keith Cribbin gone also
Back to top Go down
ClaneLillywhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 4:58 am

These retirements are a blessing in disguise! Let's be honest, over the years it's harder to get dropped from the senior panel than it was to get on to it.

Fair play to the two men, in particular, Moolick who I think was underrated by a lot of Kildare supporters. Always gave 100% and stepped up when needed.

Let's bring in 5-6 of the best players suited for inter-county football now, 20-23-year-olds, Brian McLoughin etc.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 11:02 pm

I think these lads probably wondering if the NFL will go ahead and if not they could be training for 8 months for a couple of matches.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 11:12 pm

League could start In July now
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 12:04 am

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:

I agree Newbridgeornowhere, I honestly can't see any Gaa action, club or inter-county before June at least.
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 10:22 am

Gaa1928 wrote:

I agree Newbridgeornowhere, I honestly can't see any Gaa action, club or inter-county before June at least.

The minor championships resume in two weeks
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Can't say I am surprised. Got a lot of flak for some reason. Sort of reminded me of Killian Brennan. People used to say they were not good enough but anytime they played they put in a good shift and were effective. Imo.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 11:17 pm

Twentyeight wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:

The minor championships resume in two weeks

Very surprised, but good news.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 1:13 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I thought you were referring to poor aul Tommy there for a minute Gaa1928!

Gaa1928, bite the pillow and seamymurphy like this post

Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2020 12:17 pm

Tommy retired at 28.. who could blame him.. and after watching that Dublin training session tonight,  there might be more to follow.
What's the incentive now to play for Kildare or any Leinster Team  ?.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 12:49 am

seamymurphy wrote:
Tommy retired at 28.. who could blame him.. and after watching that Dublin training session tonight,  there might be more to follow.
What's the incentive now to play for Kildare or any Leinster Team  ?.

1) Personal pride to see how good you can be.
2) Intrinsic motivation to grow yourself rather than extrinsic motivation to win a cup
3) Taking on a challenge that seems insurmountable now
4) The pride of representing your club, community and family
5) Work rewards that go with the county player profile i.e jobs, access to a good network
6) Life rewards that come with status i.e. you're more attractive to the opposite sex, people
look up to you

I could probably go on

With all due respect to you seamymurphy this defeatist, lets just give up attitude really gets to me. Absolutely we should take a stand and do something. These unfair advantages that Dublin have are criminal and heads should roll. That Sean Kelly tweet makes my blood boil.

I don't know if this is why Moolick retired, I seriously doubt it to be honest, but if it is he's a loser and anyone else who runs away with their ball saying I'm not playing anymore is a loser too.

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 2:12 am

Facing up to reality isn't defeatist, rather ignoring it is delusional. We've a very finite amount of years to live, even fewer at the height of your life, and to spend them running around a field four nights a week to have your identity humiliated frankly is idiotic at this point. Sad reality but reality nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 2:27 am

I'm not suggesting that players should ignore the reality that Dublin have several unfair advantages, in fact I'm advocating that action is taken and I think the most effective action, although the most unlikely, is a player led action of some sort. Maybe we saw the beginning of that with John Connellan.

To suggest we should just give up because we've decided there's no point is what I'm calling defeatist - particularly when there is so so much we as a county need to improve on

Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 4:55 am

Really love number 6.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 5:45 am

The damage is done. If their funding is slashed they can easily replace it with sponsorship, they are hugely attractive to sponsors. The have the structures in place, they have a winning formula for U20, they don't bother too much at minor and probably have a successor lined up for Dessie already.
We could improve a lot ourselves but I honestly can't see how we can get to their level in the next5 years.
Defeatist maybe, realistic certainly.
Btw it's a disgrace to even mention the words loser and Moolick in the same sentence.

bite the pillow and DONTPULLOUT like this post

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 5:49 am

GoDownOnIt wrote:
I'm not suggesting that players should ignore the reality that Dublin have several unfair advantages, in fact I'm advocating that action is taken and I think the most effective action, although the most unlikely, is a player led action of some sort. Maybe we saw the beginning of that with John Connellan.

To suggest we should just give up because we've decided there's no point is what I'm calling defeatist - particularly when there is so so much we as a county need to improve on

moolick had other reasons to retire from inter county football
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 5:56 am

No. 6 some classic alright.

Any lads dropping out, don’t blame them at all. You’re stuck in a provincial competition that’s a farce & wouldn’t surprise me if more lads are following Tommy out the door. Fair play to them, I say, there’s a lot more to life than sporting competitions that are as good as rigged.

Thought Moolick was a terrific servant done a disservice by consecutive managements. His partnership with Feely was always hugely effective & never understood why people were so keen to disrupt it.

U21 Leinster a very memorable evening down in Portlaoise. Promotion to Div 1, run to 2017 Leinster final & Newbridge Or Nowhere highlights as well.

Thanks for the time & effort Tommy, it is hugely appreciated & very best wishes in retirement.

TommyKeegan, bite the pillow, DONTPULLOUT and seamymurphy like this post

Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 6:04 am

For clarity... I don't believe for one second that Moolick retired because of the Dublin situation, it's far more likely that he did so for the reasons mentioned above about being done a disservice by successive management teams as Haunted said.

I wouldn't dare call him a loser, I think he's anything but that

bite the pillow likes this post

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2020 9:05 pm

Mooliick had thought in his head that he would retired at end of season before season started

Tommy had three knee surgeries during time with Kildare
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 10:54 pm

Johnny Byrne also ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tommy Moolick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommy Moolick   Tommy Moolick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tommy Moolick
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next