Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GAA Return to play/training

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

GAA Return to play/training Empty
PostSubject: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 6:09 pm

Just on the governments announcement yesterday, in terms of underage training resuming on the 26th April, does anybody know what age group that covers up to?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 7:11 pm

topcat wrote:
Just on the governments announcement yesterday, in terms of underage training resuming on the 26th April, does anybody know what age group that covers up to?

Up to, but not including, minor I think.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 7:26 pm

Is Minor officially U18 or U17 now? Maybe U17 is Minor Minor and U18 is Major Minor???
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 7:33 pm

In Kildare minor is still u/18 in other counties it is u/17 and at intercounty it is u/17 but I note from details released yesterday that county minor and u/20 squads are not permitted to go back training yet.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 10:41 pm

topcat wrote:
In Kildare minor is still u/18 in other counties it is u/17 and at intercounty it is u/17 but I note from details released yesterday that county minor and u/20 squads are not permitted to go back training yet.

A fair point, we really need to get all minor grades ( age wise ) to be the same in every county, both at club and inter county level.
Back to top Go down
Anyonebutthedubs
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 2:54 am

topcat wrote:

If you are u18 in 2021 you can go back non contact training from the 26th April. Thats covers soccer, gaa etc.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 2:56 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
topcat wrote:

A fair point, we really need to get all minor grades ( age wise ) to be the same in every county, both at club and inter county level.

100%

Another thing I've noticed from watching the 6 nations that I think we could do better.... The rugby pundits are all brought together when a law change happens and its explained to them what exactly has changed and crucially, how it will be interpreted by referees. They are also very well briefed on what the authorities are trying to achieve by making the change. This means the pundits present a very well informed view of what happens during games and what the rationale is for crucial decisions that effct games.

Players and coaches are also very well briefed and informed.

So even though people might not agree with a rule or interpretation, they understand the context around it and reasons for it. This leads to a much lower level of frustration all round.

The net result is that pundits buy in to the changes and, through their influance, help supporters to buy in. Essentially, the authorities help create an informed and balanced debate and the narrative in the media is usually level headed as a result.

I don't think we do it as well as this in the GAA
Back to top Go down
TheBigDog#
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 8:56 pm

A group of players from a club in Kildare have been using another clubs grounds to have training sessions on. They are using the other grounds because its in a rural area and less chance of them being seen. Also have been using the local soccer clubs grounds as well. I think all clubs should be back training at all ages but to use another clubs ground to train on is disgraceful as these clubs could be punished for there actions
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 9:49 pm

TheBigDog#78 wrote:
A group of players from a club in Kildare have been using another clubs grounds to have training sessions on. They are using the other grounds because its in a rural area and less chance of them being seen. Also have been using the local soccer clubs grounds as well. I think all clubs should be back training at all ages but to use another clubs ground to train on is disgraceful as these clubs could be punished for there actions

Who ?? name and shame.
Back to top Go down
TheBigDog#
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 10:05 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
TheBigDog#78 wrote:

Who ?? name and shame.

Not my place to name and shame. I think all age groups should be back training and i have nothing against anyone doing a bit of training but to use another clubs grounds is disgraceul
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 11:17 pm

TheBigDog#78 wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
TheBigDog#78 wrote:

Who ?? name and shame.

Not my place to name and shame. I think all age groups should be back training and i have nothing against anyone doing a bit of training but to use another clubs grounds is disgraceul

I agree, are they using other clubs grounds without their permission.
Back to top Go down
TheBigDog#
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 11:39 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
TheBigDog#78 wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
TheBigDog#78 wrote:

Who ?? name and shame.

I agree, are they using other clubs grounds without their permission.

Yes they have been using the other clubs grounds without permission on several occassions since last summer.Been caught a few times. Its only a minority of players thats doing it. There club has been contacted.

Gaa1928 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAA Return to play/training   GAA Return to play/training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GAA Return to play/training
Page 1 of 1