Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keeping Kildare Sporting!!

Go down 
+8
lilypremier
Derfil
gremlin
kickingking
Onhisboot
walsheman
centreback
FearBan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Empty
PostSubject: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted on this site but I would send out a plea to keep the booing and jeering during free's at zero tomorrow in Croker. It's a nasty habit that's crept into our games and one good free takers thrive on. Cian Ward is a good free taker and needs no help what so ever!

Also, and I presume it won't happen but I hope Joe Sheridan won't be booed at any stage either. I don't really care about him or Meath and how they robbed Louth, but Kildare fans will be tarnished if we do.

Let's chant and sing and annoy every Meath man, woman and child in Croker tomorrow with deafening support but let's just concentrate on ourselves and our lads, they deserve our undivided attention tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:23 pm

Joe Sheridan
Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Flesh_bala

this is may banner for sunday Razz
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:50 pm

Not the reaction I was hoping for! Very Happy

I see the resemblance though!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:40 pm

they boo,then we boo!!!simple as!!
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:50 pm

I agree with Marcus, leave the booing out, it only reflects badly on those doing the booing, Concentrate on roaring the lads on to Victory! Not long now..
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:20 am

Well said Marcus.

It's totally unecessary and unsporting. Get behind our own lads and don't waste your energy booing the opposition.

Hopefully Kildare will give us plenty to cheer about tomorrow anywayy.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:22 am

I agree no booing it's just not the GAA way.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:28 am

Not sure I'll be able to contain myself.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:12 am

I agree we should really chant tommorow to create an atmosphere at the game.
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:12 am

Spot on Marcus and KK we would only let outselves down by booing and give the scribes something to write about. We don't want our victory tainted in any way.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:32 pm

No harm in giving this thread a bump to the top before Sunday.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Totally agree, but it will still go on regardless from a small section of fans from both teams.

What really irks me more than the booing is the jeering of an opposing player when they kick a ball wide.
As was mentioned earlier on this thread all it really does is make them even more determined to silence the boo boys and the jeerers.
Back to top Go down
righthalfforward
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:33 pm

Kildare 1pt up with seconds left in injury time.......Down get a free in 45 metres from the Hill 16 goal. I doubt everyone will stay quiet and not try and put him off Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 pm

righthalfforward wrote:
Kildare 1pt up with seconds left in injury time.......Down get a free in 45 metres from the Hill 16 goal. I doubt everyone will stay quiet and not try and put him off Very Happy

Would not total silence be even more off putting?, just picture 60 odd thousand inside Croke Park and you couldn't hear a pin drop the player knowing his teams all Ireland survival depends on this one kick, either ways tremendous pressure!.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:46 pm

kildarecat wrote:
righthalfforward wrote:

Would not total silence be even more off putting?, just picture 60 odd thousand inside Croke Park and you couldn't hear a pin drop the player knowing his teams all Ireland survival depends on this one kick, either ways tremendous pressure!.

Exactly. As if a few thousand clowns booing is going to put off an experienced freetaker like Clarke.

If anything, it probably helps them focus even more to nail the free. Remember the Leinster minor final last year when Mulhall split the posts from under the Cusack Stand with the Hill roaring at him. Similar story with Donncha O'Connor's penalty last weekend for Cork.

I hope Kildare supporters are more concerned about getting behind our own rather than engaging in pathetic attempts to put off the opposition. In fairness, I think the core of our support are very good in this respect.
Back to top Go down
righthalfforward
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:56 pm

kildarecat wrote:
righthalfforward wrote:

Would not total silence be even more off putting?,

Yeah probably would but realistically its never going to happen. Anyway kildare will be well ahead on Sunday coming into the final stages of the game and all we will be doing is jumping around the place when the final few insurance points go over Wink
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:59 pm

righthalfforward wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
righthalfforward wrote:

Would not total silence be even more off putting?,

Yeah probably would but realistically its never going to happen. Anyway kildare will be well ahead on Sunday coming into the final stages of the game and all we will be doing is jumping around the place when the final few insurance points go over Wink
hope ur spot on!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:05 am

Yep... Booing is for looser!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Kildare Sporting!!   Keeping Kildare Sporting!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeping Kildare Sporting!!
Page 1 of 1