Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Larry McCormack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Junior A
Junior A

Larry McCormack Empty
PostSubject: Larry McCormack   Larry McCormack Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2023 8:34 pm

Time catches up on us all.
I was sorry to read of the death of Larry, one of the heroes of our Leinster win in 1956. He was a great centre half back even though he was not a huge man in stature.
His death comes so soon after that of two others from our 56 team; Miko Doyle and Jim Clarke.
If it’s any consolation to their families they should know that there are plenty of us out there who will remember them always with great pride and admiration
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

Larry McCormack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larry McCormack   Larry McCormack Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 1:10 am

Am too young to remember Larry, but I know he is held in high esteem around the county, May he rest in peace, Condolences to his family
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

Larry McCormack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larry McCormack   Larry McCormack Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2023 12:14 am

As a young BIFFO. to us Larry was a feared centre half forward and the only one to best out star, Peter Nolan.
Then he became the centre half back to spoil out plan when Peter moved to the forwards. Then the 2 of them lined out together for New York !!!!!!!!
I was lucky as a Junior footballer to come under his influence many years later and found him to be a straight shooter yet always a gentleman.
Rest In Peace Larry..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Larry McCormack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larry McCormack   Larry McCormack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Larry McCormack
Page 1 of 1