Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Great win for the Lillies as predicted.Thaught it would be between 6 to 10 points.Meath are the 4th best team in Leinster after us , Dublin and Louth.Great credit must go to the manager.He thaught we peaked too early for the Tyrone game last year and changed the training methods for this year.Sometimes the players were not convinced ( they would tell you that ) but they were fairly convinced sunday evening.They are a bit like a machine now and they will take some stopping.Kelly is the find of the year.Kavanagh is the class act of the year.Flynn is the most consistent player this year.And JD nailed his All Star on sunday evening thank God. When you watch Eoghan Flats week in and week it you knew that it was only a matter of time.He scored 4 points from play off Killian Young in an AI U/21 final and some doubted him.What we are seeing now is the fruits of our success at underage in that last number of years particularly u/21 level and this will only get better.We had a brilliant minor team this year and again I am devastated that some of these players will not be seen in Croke Park this year because they are as good as any minors in any county in 2010 eg Cribbin , Hurley , Moolick , Dowling etc..But these are going to be great senior footballers.

The team trained in Carbury yesterday ( after a few on sunday night Very Happy ) so Geezer is keeping them in tow.No hype or bullshit but a feeling that this could be our year. He will keep them levelheaded for the Down game because the red and black become a very confident team in Croker and the bookies have this as an even money game.Anyway four weeks to go so get out your colours because this is a great feeling Laughing
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:34 pm

The best part of this team is that they play as a team, different people been brought off the bench in each game and all doing well when brought on. McGeeney certainly seems to know his squad and who is on form from week to week.

The distinct lack of egos is great to see.

Johnny Doyle the legend allowing an "upstart" like O'Flaherty to take the ball off him for the 45's and not having a strop and O'neill seeing Smith had a better chance at goal and passing the glory shows that they don't care who does the scoring.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Only a few on sunday nite!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 pm

I thought the moment Eoghan took the ball out of J.D's hand to take the first of his two frees was incredible.
The lad is only 22 but he has the confidence (and talent) to go over to J.D look him in the eye and demand that he takes the free. I just shook my head in the stands at the brilliance of it.

That showed me that this team have come of age, from 1-30 each of them are giving everything for the cause and it will take a serious team to thwart them.

Darryl Flynn was once more a rock, the foundation stone on which the whole midfield operated. The lad has been a towering presence in there. I doubt there has been a better midfielder in the Country this year.

If you took a very good corner back then gave him youth but experience beyond his years added some serious pace, physical presence and for good luck threw in a pinch of rabid dog you would get Peter Kelly.

Maybe, just maybe our dreams may become reality.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:58 pm

peter kelly is learning his football from 2 greats of gaa . geezer in kildare and brain mullins at ucd
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:58 pm

A Carbury whippersnapper taking the ball from an Allenwood legend.I thaught all hell would break loose in our house.But then our mother tells us that Sam Maguire could be sitting at Allenwood cross in a few weeks time.Reality check Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:59 pm

First time on here since the match and still smiling after Kildares brilliant performance against Meath, you can see a jaunt in the step of every Kildare man, woman and child and the whole county is floating on an astral plain, Down are not going to be easy but I am sure it will be a great game and I am feeling confident of a win for us but whatever happens this team has made me proud ,, C'mon the lillies.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Just on a side note, in preparing for the down match would you imagine we will play any challenge matches or just 15 on 15 in training games?

I know challenge games can be tame, wasteful affairs but as we all know geezer loves games and has built the foundations of the team based on playing week after week. Although seeing how eager and adaptable the subs are when they come on, maybe 15v15 in training would be far more competitive.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Great win great game to be at the noise after every score was unreal had to laugh 2 old lads behind me kept saying after Kildare scored was that in the HOTZONE. It going to be a nice couple of weeks till the Down game and another battle that I think we can win roll on the 29th.
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:03 am

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:29 am

Mighty stuff altogether lads. The throat and the head are only recovering now!

It has been some journey since that evening in Newbridge against Antrim six weeks ago. We could have gone out that night but the team has grown since. The second half performance up in Belfast was a turning point and the team hasn't looked back since. Even with Dermot off and Kildare 1-3 to no score behind there wasn't a suggestion of panic. It would be unfair to single out individuals on Sunday because it was one of the finest Kildare 'team' performances I've ever seen. I take my hat off to the twenty lads who played.

There is a huge opportunity for Kildare now to make history. Kerry and Tyrone going out really throws it wide open. The four teams left are all at a similar enough level and they each face the same psychological hurdle to land the big prize. It's there for whoever wants it most. The Kerry and Tyrone teams knew what it took to win big games in Croke Park. None of the teams left have the same experience of consistent success at thie stage.

Down were impressive on Saturday but I wouldn't fear them. There was no real pressure on Down on Saturday as no one really gave them much hope. They played with a freedom and 'give it a lash' attitude due to the lack of expectancy and pressure on their shoulders - they had nothing to lose. That will not be the case against ourselves. Their fans will expect to beat us because they have beaten Kerry. How they deal with the increased expectation and pressure will go a long way towards determining who wins this game. Kildare's midfield will not be as immobile as Kerry's and Down's defence will be given a stiffer examination if they can't dominate the middle. How will Dan Gordon (excellent footballer notwithstanding) react when Jimmers and Smithy run at him with his limited experience as a defender is anyones guess. We'll also have Aidan O'Rourke in our corner and his knowledge of the Down players who played under him in the Sigerson could be invaluable to Kildare.

I hope the experience that Dermot Earley and Anthony Rainbow have from 1998 will be conveyed to the rest of the panel over the next few weeks. Opportunities like this do not come around regularly. Kildare may never get a better chance to reach the promised land. This may be the one and only opportunity that some of the players get. I hope to God we grab it with both hands because it is all there for us if we want it badly enough.

Cill Dara Abú
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:31 am

kickingking wrote:
We'll also have Aidan O'Rourke in our corner and his knowledge of the Down players who played under him in the Sigerson could be invaluable to Kildare.

Paul McComiskey and Dan McCartan, a few of the subs - Aidan Carr anyway – as well.

And, of course, we all remember who managed that side.

Last edited by armagh4sam on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:37 am

kickingking wrote:
Kildare may never get a better chance to reach the promised land. This may be the one and only opportunity that some of the players get. I hope to God we grab it with both hands because it is all there for us if we want it badly enough.

Sums it up well. Sometimes in life you get a chance, just one chance at something and you have to take it with both hands. We have only had this chance a couple of times in the last 82 years. I hope that we can finally take that final step.

Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:44 am

im sure we wont leave it behind us in whats gonna be a very tight game!!!
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:31 am

Game is now on setanta again so about to watch it for the third time.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:46 am

Much the same as everyone else on here in that the smile hasn't left my face today. Was talking to one of the Sunday Game analysts today and he reckoned we were awesome in the second half.

Somehow I feel this is different to '98. The team is much calmer and mentally a lot stronger. No disrespect to the '98 team but these lads seem a lot more confident. They don't do panic.

I'm sure the Geezer and his management team had planned for this eventuality and will keep the players feet firmly planted on the ground.

Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:04 pm

I think the supporters need to keep their feet on the ground, more so than the players...
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Podcasts are up on KFM if Anybody is interested.

http://www.kfmradio.com/kfm-podcasting/sport-podcasts.html
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:58 pm

We need to keep this thread on page one for at least the rest of this week !!

Even if you have to say something like 'did you see the meath goalie moanin about our second goal beinf a square ball ?'

or... Meath got a coupla nice points tho'
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:52 pm

ah no need for supporters to keep their feet on the ground at this stage Head, I'm always giving out about Kildare fans' expectations and over-reactions, but if you can't celebrate what happened last Sunday, not just the result but the style and sheer balls-out fashion of it, and if you can't celebrate getting to the last four after being humiliated by Louth just a couple of months ago, well when DO you celebrate?! Reminded me of semi-final of 2003 when the boys fucked over points from everywhere in the second half, after they threatened to be over-run by Geraghty early on and Enda made a couple of stupendous saves... even in the second half Roly was ridiculously sent off. No matter. Buried em.

Oh Sunday was brilliant. Celebrate be damned!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star
Sam1928

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:58 am

Group of kildare lads in front of me disappeared up the back of the hill near the start leaving behind a lovely Kildare jacket.

Anyway gang of Meath boyos come in just as it started to rain. One of them spots the jacket on the ground and proceeds to put it on.

Queue a shout from behind

"Typical Meath feckers, first yis rob Leinster, now yer robbin' jackets"

Just after the cork/roscommon game finished kildareman shouts out to whoever was in earshot (mostly meath fans), " Feck sake lads, all the provincial champions are out now"

When Meath were chasing goals at the end and Sheridan was lobbing balls in from 50 yards, big shout again..."Ah jaysus Joe, you'll never throw it in from there"

Oh yeah before I forget, lad beside me spent the whole 70 minutes just shouting "Meath scum" surrounded by about 500 Meath fans. Brave man. He survived.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:06 am

I'd say that was carburyman...he has a thing about them !!!!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:27 am

Heard yea boys chanting on the hill after the Cork/Ros game "Louth are Leinster champions, Louth are Leinster champions naaa, naaa, na!" class
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:05 am

Saw the game for the first time in full last night. Few Canadians saw I was watching it intensely and started asking me what the hell was going on. They thought it was a mix of soccer, rugby, basketball and for some strange reason volleyball. scratch

Got strange looks when had a little tear at the end. Fair play to ye guys. The atmosphere seemed intense. The true Kildare supporters are the best in the world.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:12 am

Oh yeah before I forget, lad beside me spent the whole 70 minutes just shouting "Meath scum" surrounded by about 500 Meath fans. Brave man. He survived.[/quote]

I rember a few years back we played dongeal in croke park , might have been the league or something , they beat us anyways on the way back up the road from croke , two huge kildare lads walked the length of the street that leads to the train station sing 'Who the fuck are dongeal' , completely surrounded by dongeal fans was priceless
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***   All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread*** - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Quarter Final 2010: Kildare 2-17 Meath 1-12 ***Official Result Thread***
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: