Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That '98 Feeling

Go down 
+4
lilypremier
Arkle
Sam1928
TheBigFullForward
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:20 am

It's a bit of surprise to see a lack of flags and bunting around the county given how well Kildare have this year. Do you think that we might see this before the semi final. I remember in 98 as well driving up to Dublin and seeing all the good luck messages to the team along the way, I don't think I saw even one on Sunday.

Are there any towns full of flags yet?
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:22 am

Kildare town is doing well. Portlaoise has made a start. Dont worry, it will build closer to the game.
Back to top Go down
Arkle
Junior C
Junior C

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:24 am

give it a week or two before the semi and it will be getting back to what it was like in 98, has been a little disappointing so far though.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:28 am

Yes in the next few weeks, we will have plenty of flags and banners around the county.
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:30 am

Very disapppointed with the efforts of towns and villages around Kildare. Seems to be a slowly growing effort among individuals with more flags appearing on cars and outside houses.

Hope that the usual excuse for everything now "the current economic climate" wont be used as an excuse. A small bit of effort from everyone will go a long way in showing the whole team how proud we are of them for their work so far this year and that we're all behind them now.

Come on the Lillies!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:39 am

I think the reason is that it has happened so quickly.

We were beaten by Louth 8 weeks ago give or take a day and suddenly after six weeks on the road we find ourselves in a semi final.

After every match there was no breathing time. We were straight into the next one. To be honest I would say the county is a little punch drunk. Now with the four week break people will realise what has been achieved and that we are actually on step away from an all Ireland final.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:47 am

Think no Leinster final had a lot to do with it. That would have brought out a bit of bunting.
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:49 am

In '98 I painted "Up Kildare" in huge white letters on my front lawn in Portlaoise and intend to do the same again this year.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:56 am

Always_White wrote:
In '98 I painted "Up Kildare" in huge white letters on my front lawn in Portlaoise and intend to do the same again this year.

My hero.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:18 am

Always_White wrote:

HAha ya i did a simaluar thing, with my car in 98 and last year. I have an all white nissan and i got black insulating tape and put it on the bonnet forming the words "up kildare".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That '98 Feeling Empty
PostSubject: Re: That '98 Feeling   That '98 Feeling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That '98 Feeling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: