Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Club Kildare out to get me?

Go down 
+21
jnrwhite
rgb
tomcruise
Yellow Pearl
Sam1928
walsheman
righthalfforward
steviegenius
gaaweb
SamMaguire
croker
Highball
LilyMaguire
sam10
Son of Sarsfields
jj
koko39
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
ElGuerrouj
Kildare Fan
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare Fan
Junior C
Junior C

Are Club Kildare out to get me? Empty
PostSubject: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:17 pm

I am a loyal supporter of Kildare and have followed the team everywhere. I am not affiliated to any club and so I have to queue for tickets at the county ground. Last Tuesday (10th) I heard tickets were on sale so I went along to the County grounds only to be told that only Club Kildare members were being sold tickets and to go back Thursday. I was annoyed but had no option but to go back on Thursday. The tickets I got were for the corner of the Cusack and Davin stand. I asked for tickets closer to the half-way line and I was told that those tickets were sold to Club Kildare members first, then clubs and then the general public. To add insult to injury, this summer, I used to go to watch the team train but since the Meath game, the gates have been closed, but tonight I heard that training would be open go the public and we could meet the players and so I went along. I was politely refused entry because I wasn't in Club Kildare and on top of the "tickets fiasco" I am very disillusioned. Why do club Kildare members own the Kildare team and who decided that they deserve this preferential treatment

Last edited by Kildare Fan on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:19 pm

Kildare Fan wrote:
I am a loyal supporter of Kildare and have followed the team everywhere. I am not affiliated to any club and so I have to queue for tickets at the county ground. Last Tuesday (10th) I heard tickets were on sale so I went along to the County grounds only to be told that only Club Kildare members were being sold tickets and to go back Thursday. I was annoyed but had no option but to go back on Thursday. The tickets I got were for the corner of the Cusack and Davin stand. I asked for tickets closer to the half-way line and I was told that those tickets were sold to Club Kildare members first, then clubs and then the general public. To add insult to injury, this summer, I used to go to watch the team train but since the Meath game, the gates have been closed, but tonight I heard that training would be open go the public and so I went along. i was politely refused entry because I wasn't in Club Kildare and on top of the "tickets fiasco" I am very disillusioned. Why do club Kildare members deserve this preferential treatment

Bit of a no brainer here I'm afraid............ they pay money for that preferential treatment!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 pm

No offence but 25 quid a month, 75 quid a Quarter or 300 quid for the year allows you to get everything you have stated above.

Al the money goes to the players fund for all County teams. If you were allowed in tonight how do you feel the people who have paid the money for years would feel.

Nobody forces you to hand over the money as everyones circimstances and views are different but you can't then go complaining that you are not getting the same treatment as the people that paid.

That's life I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Kildare Fan wrote:
I am a loyal supporter of Kildare and have followed the team everywhere. I am not affiliated to any club and so I have to queue for tickets at the county ground. Last Tuesday (10th) I heard tickets were on sale so I went along to the County grounds only to be told that only Club Kildare members were being sold tickets and to go back Thursday. I was annoyed but had no option but to go back on Thursday. The tickets I got were for the corner of the Cusack and Davin stand. I asked for tickets closer to the half-way line and I was told that those tickets were sold to Club Kildare members first, then clubs and then the general public. To add insult to injury, this summer, I used to go to watch the team train but since the Meath game, the gates have been closed, but tonight I heard that training would be open go the public and we could meet the players and so I went along. I was politely refused entry because I wasn't in Club Kildare and on top of the "tickets fiasco" I am very disillusioned. Why do club Kildare members own the Kildare team and who decided that they deserve this preferential treatment

the gates are shut since last tuseday nite for panel prepare for all ireland semi final with do not get very often in kildare . the tickets near half way on cusack are booked up for kildare club and gaa season ticket holders like myself
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:38 pm

Kildare Fan wrote:
Why do club Kildare members own the Kildare team and who decided that they deserve this preferential treatment

Club Kildare members do not own the Kildare team. The meet and greet tonight was a thank you from the club to us for OUR support.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Not a member of Club Kildare (yet) but I do think their financial support entitles them to certain benefits. If Club Kildare do not offer attractive entitlements to members then there is no incentive for anybody to join it and has been pointed out above the money that Club Kildare raise is very well spent in preparing the team.
Can sympathise with you to an extent Kildare Fan but i'm afraid you are going to have to join Club Kildare or just put up with it
Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:41 pm

JME wrote:
No offence but 25 quid a month, 75 quid a Quarter or 300 quid for the year allows you to get everything you have stated above.

Add in free entry into St Conleths park for all Kildare games ( at least 10 this year) as well as the other benefits like discount in the shop, it is excellent value
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 pm

Thank you jj. I know Its extra money and people don't have it these days. But it is worth it and as you say its a little perk that we get to meet the team and see them train.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Waiting on my membership form to come in post koko. Have been threatening to join for a while but never got around to it. Have to give a little back for the effort made by all involved in preparing the team in my view
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A
sam10

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:55 pm

It is definitely worth joining Club Kildare, a night like tonight meeting the team is amazing for fans and the children, it is so important to get children involved in sport. If you are a true follower of Kildare football, it is so worth joining Club Kildare, it is great value for money (especially this year!!) All the money goes to the team and for the under age training, its like everything in life, you get out of it what you put into it!
Back to top Go down
LilyMaguire
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Totally agree with you Sam10, I was also there this evening with the kids. They had such a great night and to be able to meet the team was such a thrill for them. I must say Club Kildare are doing a wonderful job in supporting the team and the development of our games.

Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:17 pm

LilyMaguire wrote:
Totally agree with you Sam10, I was also there this evening with the kids. They had such a great night and to be able to meet the team was such a thrill for them. I must say Club Kildare are doing a wonderful job in supporting the team and the development of our games.

And come on guys admit it! It was nice for us to be able to meet the team as well!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:20 pm

koko39 wrote:
LilyMaguire wrote:

And come on guys admit it! It was nice for us to be able to meet the team as well!! Very Happy
i used to met kildare team every monday when they did there gym work
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:22 pm

fone stop name dropping
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:23 pm

JME wrote:
fone stop name dropping
you beat me to it except I was going to say shoowing off
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Jesus kildarefan, sh*** tickets, refused access to the team and then a sympathy free forum. Your luck is out at the mo Very Happy

Back to top Go down
croker
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Look if you had the inside info that fone has, you'd be allowed to 'name drop' too
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:59 am

I've heard a few ads on the radio with JD encouraging people to join Club Kildare. Does the membership cover a calendar year? If so, am I right in saying that there doesn't seem to be much point in joining at this stage unless your mad keen to get a jacket. With 2010 league matches over and training night over, the only benefit left would be the option to buy a ticket to the semi final and a jacket. If it also allowed the option to buy a ticket to the final then, should we get there, I could certainly see the point of joining. Otherwise why would someone join now at this stage and have to rejoin in January?
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:03 am

My current membership pass covers the 2010/2011 GAA season as in this pass will cover league matches in 2011. So there would be benefit to joining now. Member ship is not based on the calendar year.
Back to top Go down
LilyMaguire
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:21 am

Membership starts from the date you become a member and runs for 12 months when you will then have to renew again. My membership is up in April and so i'll renew again till April 2012. The perks are worth it - getting first choice on tickets, free entry to home games, your jacket and special member nights like last night!!
Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:32 am

SamMaguire wrote:
If it also allowed the option to buy a ticket to the final then, should we get there?

Since last year, membership of Club Kildare will give you first refusal for the All Ireland final

If you join Club Kildare now, it will cover you for the next 12 months and you can pay by direct debit monthly
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A
sam10

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:34 am

It really is a no brainer......to join, I have been a member of Club Kildare for the pass 3 years, go to all the matches, so it has been worth the money. Also the team need our support, it is obviously working, we are in the SEMI FINAL of the ALL IRELAND....COME ON THE LILIES!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:41 am

Just sold 2 tickets for the club kildare raffle to a fella from down who's mad to get his hands on All-Ireland tickets. He says they're very confident up there. I did make him promise that if he won he would sell me back the tickets. Just incase (or when) we beat them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:12 am

Son of Sarsfields wrote:
SamMaguire wrote:
If it also allowed the option to buy a ticket to the final then, should we get there?

Since last year, membership of Club Kildare will give you first refusal for the All Ireland final

If you join Club Kildare now, it will cover you for the next 12 months and you can pay by direct debit monthly

SoS, are you sure it covers to final? On the radio ad, it says you have an option to buy up to semi-final only.

Obviously we don't want to get ahead of ourselves but just in case..... Smile
Back to top Go down
sam10
Junior A
Junior A
sam10

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:29 am

it does cover for tickets for all-Ireland, checked that out already. Positive thinking and we will go all the way!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Club Kildare out to get me?   Are Club Kildare out to get me? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Club Kildare out to get me?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next