Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We're up for Sam

Go down 
+10
shoutitout
Fear An Geata
jj
gaaweb
lilypremier
Derfil
Rex
stanley
Sam1928
townendterrace
14 posters
AuthorMessage
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:00 pm

Remember this.About one minute into the video,those ill fated presumptuous words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yppU34GzDp8

Is that Sean Brady I see going in there?
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:37 pm

Jesus. You've opened up some awful wounds for me there. Had to stop watching.
Back to top Go down
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:15 pm

The chips he was eating looked manky alltogether.All to be rectified on Sunday?
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:41 pm

That video has just reminded me not to get my hopes up too much, remember the whole county was talking about just turning up to collect Sam and then the second half happened, I couldn't go through the feeling I had at the final whistle in 98 again.
Back to top Go down
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Well infairness,yere man seemed an awful clown.Still though,big difference from the 1998 Team.The Glen Ryan injury was the most bizzare thing I ever heard in my life.

*sorry for using a steakknife to rip open almost healed wounds*
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:59 pm

I'll be off to find a dark room now.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:58 pm

I'd rather not be beaten but it brings back memories of a great time for Kildare football. I'd have worse memories of 99 against offaly and the barren years since 2000.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Still brings back that horrible feeling after thewhistle was blown.. Mad
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:13 am

Hopefully I'm too mature and wise to cry at the end of a match this time, or even more hopefully I'll be laughing all the way home this time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:29 am

Could only bring myself to watch brief highlights of that game 10 years later. Gut wrenching day. Thats the type of silly comments from fans and bandwagoners we need to avoid this time
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:32 pm

Well said JJ . It was those bandwagoners that were the first to slate the team after the final.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:44 pm

The video (remember the days before DVD & Blue Ray) is still in a drawer in the living room. I still haven't felt well enough to give it a look.

Maybe after we win one (this year please God) it won't be as painful to even think of looking at it. I wonder will the VCR still works then.

Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:55 pm

Nothing we can do about the band wagoners. It is just the way that it goes. Win and they will be the first ones that will give out that they cant get a ticket for the final. Lose and they will be texting KFM blaming X as to why we lost the game.

Every county has them and all that we can do for the moment is be glad that the more that go to the game on Sunday the better as it will be good for the lads to look up and see a sea of white in the stands.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:26 pm

shoutitout wrote:
the more that go to the game on Sunday the better as it will be good for the lads to look up and see a sea of white in the stands.

Agreed. Our support has been disappointing enough this year so bandwagonrs or not it'll be good to see Croke Park decked out in white again.

Fear An Geata wrote:
I wonder will the VCR still works then.

The old VCR! Don't want to sound like George Hook here but isn't Sky plus so handy. Taping a match used to be such an ordeal.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm not a believer in 'the big guy above' but against Meath I have to be honest and say I promised I would have a 'rethink' - so someone delivered the win, can I be cheeky and ask for more?, what do I need to do for another win?
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:16 pm

well I'll be at mass Saturday night AND Sunday morning. Just doing my bit like.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:26 pm

That '98 result is whats keeping me anchored to the ground this time round. But if this is our year it will take more than anchors and 9ft. fences to keep me grounded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We're up for Sam Empty
PostSubject: Re: We're up for Sam   We're up for Sam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We're up for Sam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: