Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre-match preperation

Go down 
+22
Derfil
Always_White
jnrwhite
rgb
steviegenius
centreback
carburyman
gaaweb
bob12
Loads of Pints
shoutitout
wingback
tomcruise
Stonecold
hawker
walsheman
lilly-exile
Misneach
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
GaaHead
townendterrace
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

Pre-match preperation Empty
PostSubject: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:38 am

Saw a similar(or exact same) thread on Hogan Stand.I thought it was fairly interesting.I will post it on Rebel Gaa before the All-Ireland final as well.

My routine for the weekend

Long walk on Saturday evening(I do it before every championship match) with the Headphones blaring.

Shower and lay out what I will need for Sunday.

Read a book totally unrelated to Gaa.

Up at about 7:00/7:15 on Sunday Morning.

Read every single piece of Gaa coverage on line or in Print in the Sunday papers.

Sip a cup of steaming Tea.

Off on the road out of Cork.

Stop for breakfast somewhere.

Enjoy the drive coming into Dublin.

Park the Car and head into an early moring establishment(won't name it lads sorry) and gallop down a pint.

Walk to Croker,Jesus I love it.

Take my seat before the Minor game with program and bottle of water in hand.

Shout Cork to victory (hoprfully) against Galway.

Clap the Minors off the pitch and part with some fluid.

Sconce through the program and talk to the people nearest to me.

Relax and enjoy the Senior Game.

See Kildare pip Down in the last minute.

Stroll out of Croker and into the car.

Rté radio switched on listening to the end of Sunday Sport and Take Your Point.

Arrive home just in time for the Sunday Game.

All thoughts turn towards September 19th!!!!
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:58 am

tut tut..... Take Your Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:00 am

Great show.Most people who ring in were probably watching Super Sunday soccer.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:08 am

KFM on the way home, waiting for Tom Cross to ring in who in fairness speaks sense most of the time.

Match days are usually the same.

Wake up, shower, then nine holes of Golf. Home by about 10am, read papers bough on the way home. Lucky top on, head of in the car. Into Clonliffe college, then into Croker get something to eat watch game. Sit in Clonliffe college until I'm able to get out then listen to KFM on the way home.
Into Mcdonalds drive through then home.

I think I'll be taking the Luas on Sunday though.
Back to top Go down
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:12 am

You might want to be careful reading the papers when you're driving home from Golf!

Is Tom Cross the kit-man?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 am

saturday night few pints in local
sunday get train from kildare town, arrive in dublin then luas to city ,centre hit burger king , walk to pub called hoganstand then hit croker. train home

Back to top Go down
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:19 am

fone wrote:
saturday night few pints in local
sunday get train from kildare town, arrive in dublin then luas to city ,centre hit burger king , walk to pub called hoganstand then hit croker. train home

Everyone here seems to be dying to know who you are so I say you could attract a few stalkers there!!!

(or did you give us a bogus plan!)
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:51 am

There be a massive trade in the Hogan Stand bar Sunday morning now. About 50 forumers trying to spot Fone!
Back to top Go down
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:02 am

unfortunately my plans are a little different.... saturday night will be having a skinful, just so a i can get a good sleep u see... sunday brunch and then into the local irish pub to watch the minor match and a few pints to knock off the cobwebs... then the BIG ONE, god help any fecker within a half mile of the pub because i will be screaming at the tv. they nearly barred me during the meath game over the shouting. ah well what do u expect from a pub full of kerry, tyrone, galway, mayo, derry, cavan and longford LOSERS. this is our year. GO ON THE LILLYS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 am

Misneach wrote:
There be a massive trade in the Hogan Stand bar Sunday morning now. About 50 forumers trying to spot Fone!

Could be a case of

Pre-match preperation Spartacus
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:48 am

pints in local sat....sunday train from maynooth,into quinns,go into game 45mins before it starts i leave quinns,few songs up the road, inside and after,then quinns for few,then home hopefully to a beat on the street ha!!
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:50 am

I've worn the same clothes to all the matches this year so I've that mapped out. Don't worry i've washed em just in case ye think ye'll get a smell of benji off me.

Hit the road on Saturday afternoon with the two young fellas. The Curragh of Kildare playing very loudly. Jaysus I've a Budán even thinking about it.

Head home Sunday evening. Drive through Portlaoise even though its by-passed. Hang me rather saggy rotund bottom out the window while steering with my magic wand. Stop and have an ice cream sh1te somewhere on the main street. Then I'll head away on my merry way again.

God only knows what I'll do if we win.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:37 pm

No McSquirrel sandwich?????
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Hawker

Whats a budan ?
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Ah Jaysus lads, no one mentioned mass, you can't beat a bit of mass on a championship Sunday!
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:56 pm

wingback to keep you happy.

Wake about 9:00 get a shower head to MASS. Ask the big man to do what he can for us.

Back to the house and throw a bit of grub and 3 bottles of water in the bag.

Pick up the brothers. Drive up and park the car.

Head in for the minor match.

Flick through the programme while chatting to everyone around me.

Ate the grub.

Cheer the lads on to the pitch.

Wait for the national anthem to finish (in full) and shout me head off for the next 90 mins.

Cheer the lads off the pitch.

Back to the car and listen to KFM on the drive home.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:41 pm

tomcruise wrote:
Hawker

Whats a budan ?

Ask the missus bounce

Ill get up shake off any ill effects from saturday nights misdemeanours, call round to the mothers who will present me with half a fried pig and bout 3 mugs of tae! onto the maynooth line calcutta express trying not to inhale the waft of BO sifting through the carraiges! can imagine all the talk will be about big dermot and the will he wont he question!

Into quinns, do as my name says get a few songs goin hopefully and then on up to the hill for some more chanting and nordie bashing (all in good taste of course Very Happy )

reverse the trend on the way home except hopefully with considerably more alcohol and will be disposing the morning meal at a later stage in the evening.....more than likely out the same way it went in

roll on funday up the lillies cheers
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:48 pm

sayin a few novena'sbless meself and then let rip for the next 90 mins by then the wife and kids will have disowned me but it will be worth it

Match ticket e45
pint in mcgrath's before the game e4.50
programme before the game e5
kildare fans reaction when we reach the all-ireland final - PRICELESS

Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:21 pm

wingback wrote:
Ah Jaysus lads, no one mentioned mass, you can't beat a bit of mass on a championship Sunday!

Have returned to religion myself since the lads started staying in Johnstown House Hotel, so will be going to 9am mass in the hope of spotting a few of them.

Saturday afternoon off to Ashbourne to watch the ladies start the weekend off in the All-Ireland Junior Camogie. Have a few hopefully in celebration of their victory. Up early Sunday morning and off to Mass, go home and read the papers for a while. Then get ready for the match by doning my Jersey and dressing my 14 month old in her jersey. Then head into town, park in O'Connell school where we'll have a little picnic before we head to the Hogan Stand for one or two before the game. Into the Cusack, lose my voice. Maybe back to the Hogan stand for one or two before the traffic clears and then into the car to listen to KFM on the way home. Round it off with a heap of drink in the Hamlet listening to the Druids and watching the Sunday Game.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Wake up 7am,shower,cup tea,read some paper,relax till around 12am.
Then coach to Dublin.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:55 pm

reading these wud give ya shivers,cant wait for sunday now that the weekend is upon us!!
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:42 am

where is the local fone we can all meet up there saturday night for a few
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:59 am

I would say fone loacl is Boland's in kildare
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:01 am

i think its kildangan or nurney
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:10 am

No i say kildare town
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-match preperation   Pre-match preperation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-match preperation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next