Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Round 4 Club Championship

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star
Fear An Geata

Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:51 am

Don't know but if they did I'd imagine it would have been the two games in Newbridge ....
Monasterevin v Straffan
Carbury v Moorefield
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:05 am

centreback wrote:
did kildare tv do any matches over the weekend?
they did carbury v moorefield
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:06 am

I think the county board should seriously think of bringing back in the champions league type format of four groups of four, with the teams league table finishing position determining the seeding, for instance the top four been the number one seed in each of the four groups and the next four the number 2 seeds and so on, its in the interest of fairness.
The current system is simply wrong, some teams can get a dream draw the whole way through while others for instance Carbury had rotten luck with the draw, their out now but you can safely say they're better or equal to most of teams that made the last eight.

The top two in each group qualify for the quarters, with winners of group (a) playing runners up in group (c). winners of (c) play runners up in (a) etc, and also have two relegation play offs say bottom team in group (a) play bottom team in group (c), bottom team in group (b) play bottom of group (d) and the losers of both play offs get relegated while the top two from the intermediate section get promoted.
Well worth proposing and bringing it to a vote at a County Board meeting, I'd be amazed if it wasn't voted in because it gives everyone a fairly equal chance on paper, unlike the game of chance the current system invites.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:51 am

kildarecat wrote:
I think the county board should seriously think of bringing back in the champions league type format of four groups of four, with the teams league table finishing position determining the seeding, for instance the top four been the number one seed in each of the four groups and the next four the number 2 seeds and so on, its in the interest of fairness.
The current system is simply wrong, some teams can get a dream draw the whole way through while others for instance Carbury had rotten luck with the draw, their out now but you can safely say they're better or equal to most of teams that made the last eight.

The top two in each group qualify for the quarters, with winners of group (a) playing runners up in group (c). winners of (c) play runners up in (a) etc, and also have two relegation play offs say bottom team in group (a) play bottom team in group (c), bottom team in group (b) play bottom of group (d) and the losers of both play offs get relegated while the top two from the intermediate section get promoted.
Well worth proposing and bringing it to a vote at a County Board meeting, I'd be amazed if it wasn't voted in because it gives everyone a fairly equal chance on paper, unlike the game of chance the current system invites.

This was the system we had a few years ago. Why was it changed?

I think it's a much fairer system than the open draws we have at the moment. Is tonight's draw completely open again? i.e. could it be Moorefield v Laurences?
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:19 am

agree with ya kildare cat but i don`t agree that 2 get promoted not fair on the team that gets promoted without winning anything
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
Intercounty
Intercounty
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:44 pm

centreback wrote:
agree with ya kildare cat but i don`t agree that 2 get promoted not fair on the team that gets promoted without winning anything

you might look at it another way centreback they're getting rewarded for been the second best team at intermediate level, having two relegation places keeps teams on their toes and the whole idea of relegation is to make sure every team at the group stages has something to play for, be it to try and avoid a possible relegation play off or make the quarter finals.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:20 pm

I agree with teh four groups - there is no fairness in the current system at all... would totally disagree with being promoted without winning your championship.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:19 pm

What about the possibility of about 4 dead rubber games if you have the 4 groups of 4.... At least over 4 rounds of games this year, you had only 1 in the SFC....
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:23 am

I think the set up at the moment is ok, it leads to great excitment in the last round.

I would like to see a seeding system brought in for the quarter final draw. If 1st in the table was to play 8th. 2nd to play 7th and so on, that would mean there would there would be no meaningless games and you wouldn't end up with teams resting their top players like some clubs were able to do last weekend.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:39 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:
I think the set up at the moment is ok, it leads to great excitment in the last round.

I would like to see a seeding system brought in for the quarter final draw. If 1st in the table was to play 8th. 2nd to play 7th and so on, that would mean there would there would be no meaningless games and you wouldn't end up with teams resting their top players like some clubs were able to do last weekend.

Agree with the seeding aspect big time - there is no reward for what you've done in the current set-up. Would Ballymore have left Jimmers on the bench for their game against Ballykelly if there was a top seeding in the offing?
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:52 am

Laurence's rested 7 players for their last game according to one of the papers. Would it have been fair to the other relgation candiates if Towers had beaten them and avoided the relegation draw because of it?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:31 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:
Laurence's rested 7 players for their last game according to one of the papers. Would it have been fair to the other relgation candiates if Towers had beaten them and avoided the relegation draw because of it?
just one those things,there making sure players are fresh and avoiding injuries....specially when in previous games people have said on this that towers wer'nt interested in playing football!!!
Back to top Go down
browser
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:55 am

Ogie wrote:
I agree with teh four groups - there is no fairness in the current system at all... would totally disagree with being promoted without winning your championship.

I'd definately agree with you ogie about being promoted without winning your c'ship. For the players in the junior and intermediate i think winning the championship means more to them than just getting promoted, no medal, no trophy.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:55 pm

TheBigFullForward wrote:

Agree totally with this.... No need for open draw for quarters. Give incentive. Have open for semis......
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star
Fear An Geata

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:58 am

Highlights from Moorefield v Carbury

http://kildare.tv/sport/
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:24 am

where is that ref from?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:27 am

robertstown i think
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:43 am

James Kavanagh picked up an injury in an International Rules trial before the Ballykelly match that's why he wasn't playing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 Club Championship
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: