Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeRegisterLog in

Round 4 Club Championship

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:30 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
I dont buy into this notion of St Conleths Park being a home venue for Moorefield.
Almost all Senior championship games are played in St Conleths now. The fact that moorefield are sucessful and reach finals and play there more than most clubs isn't Moorefields fault.

Can't have that last comment I'm afraid Fionn, none of our 3 champ matches this year have been in Conleths, 1 including our quarter final last year was there, same the year before. Moorefield play 90% of their champ games in Conleths, therefore have a significant advantage over teams like ourselves when it comes to playing them there.

Would you agree that Croker is a home game for Dublin? Obviously the large Dublin crowd helps that theory but other than that, the Moorefield situation is very similar to that of Dublin. ie. play all their champ games in the one venue which is very close to home!!
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Fionn and Fear an Geata

Are Naas , Clane , St Kevins etc in North Kildare ? Grew up in Naas and and now live in Clane and that is the first time I have heard that these places are in North Kildare.I must go back to school.

By North Kildare I mean Maynooth , Kilcock and Leixlip.Three strong senior clubs.

Of course , St Conleths is a home venue for Moorefield.To suggest anything else is nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:52 pm

I'll have to agree with Tom , having spent most of my life in Naas/TMH it has never been refferd to as north Kildare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 pm

i was always under the impression anything North of Newbridge,Rathangan, Miltown, Two Mile House in footballing terms was classed as North Kildare.

If there was a North Kildare selection v a South Kildare selection, South Kildare would include Naas, Sallins,St Kevins, Caragh, Raheens,Ballyteague, Robertstown and Allenwood??

Seems that North Kildare is now only Kilcock,Leixlip, Clane, Celbridge and Maynooth.

You learn something new everyday.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Fionn

The debate continues. I hope it's a good game saturday and we both get through.BTW if that does happen can we meet again in the quarter finals ? That would be disastrous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:07 pm

TC, any chance of an answer to

If there was a North Kildare selection v a South Kildare selection, South Kildare would include Naas, Sallins,St Kevins, Caragh, Raheens,Ballyteague, Robertstown and Allenwood?? Very Happy

BTW if you draw Moorefield again in 1/4 final i think its fair to say someone from Carbury done something on the football gods.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Im looking at a map of kildare(i cant put on here cause i cant work computers) but if naas is in south kildare then i am blind.Newbridge seems to be even a close call.
Are naas not in the north kildare section of underage,could be wrong though.
(i'm not having a go TC,just questioning it.)i live down south so wouldn't be that well up on it.

Anyway if carbury get through,which i think they will then they will def deserve it.

Some of the venues at inter and junior are odd too but i'm sure theres reasons for it.pitches not available etc...
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:17 pm

naas are in north kildare section of bord na nog
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Have to agree with tomcruise & elguerrouj, Newbridge is a home venue for Moorefield & Sarsfield I think the Moorefield Carbury game should have a Neutral venue Carbury is a half hour away from Newbridge and Moorefield are what 2 minutes down the road, But I suppose you have to play what is considered the big game of the weekend in the county grounds and I don't think the Carbury lads will mind. With my own team gone I'm going to start to follow Carbury for the rest of the year ( hope others will follow) with the draws they had this year Celbridge Larries & the Moores if they make the quarters fair play to them and I hope they do because watching them a couple times this year they are in the top 4 teams in the county this year.

I think the last 8 will be : Larries Leixlip Allenwood Sarsfield Carbury Moorefield Maynooth & Kilcock.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star
Fear An Geata

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Looking at the 21 venues the vast majority of games are fixed for pitches in the middle of the County. If you were to draw a line from east to west across the middle of the County my guess is that 18 of the 21 games will be played within 5 miles of that line. The exceptions are:-
Nurney v Raheens in Athy (South)
Milltown v JTB in St. Kevins (North)
Allenwood v Celbridge in Straffan (North)

Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Kildar10
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:52 pm

supersub wrote:
Im looking at a map of kildare(i cant put on here cause i cant work computers) but if naas is in south kildare then i am blind..

Not saying that it's in the south but I have not heard it being said it's in the north. Maybe it's in the middle.
Middle Kildare we could call it.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:53 pm

tomcruise wrote:

One thing I noticed about the venues this weekend was the lack of games in North Kildare venues.So much for spreading and promoting the games around the county.

to suggest this tom is outrageous the only game bein played in the south is in athy as to up north allenwood celbridge kevins and straffen have games so your point should have been "One thing I noticed about the venues this weekend was the lack of games in south Kildare venues"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:05 am

JME wrote:
supersub wrote:
Im looking at a map of kildare(i cant put on here cause i cant work computers) but if naas is in south kildare then i am blind..

Not saying that it's in the south but I have not heard it being said it's in the north. Maybe it's in the middle.

Your some man for sitting on that fence.

Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:16 am

Wasn't my plan to start a geography debate but there definitely is a Kildare middle as well.I wouldn't care if it was a North Kildare or South Kildare team as long as JD was on our team.He definitely votes in the South Kildare Electoral Area as do most Allenwood folk.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:20 am

fionnmccool wrote:
JME wrote:
supersub wrote:

Your some man for sitting on that fence.

They don't call me splinters for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star
Sam1928

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:42 am

Why all the confusion? Have yis not seen this new sign directly opposite the entrance to Conleths where Higgins's pub used to be.

Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 North-south

Legend has it theres a line running through the centre of Conleths splitting the county perfectly in two. Kinda like that meridian line from the Da Vinci code. Probably has the lost chalice or holy grail from '27 buried along it somewhere too.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:47 am

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:00 am

Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Kildare

For local electoral purposes the county is divided into 5 seperate areas - Celbridge (North-East), Clane (North-West), Naas (Mid-East), Kildare (Mid-West) & Athy (South).

Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 472px-Kildare_South_%28D%C3%A1il_%C3%89ireann_constituency%29

For general elections the county is divided into two constituencies - Kildare North (containing Naas, Clane, Celbridge, Kill, Straffan, Maynooth, Kilcock, Leixlip) & Kildare South (the rest of the county).

If we were to apply this to GAA then the likes of Johnstownbridge and Carbury would be classed as South Kildare which is nonsense from a geographic point of view.

Lesson over!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:10 am

still confused
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:11 am

Aren't we all?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:18 am

I see that it says there that Naas is Mid East which I take as just Middle, I was right. Middle Kildare it is.

Lads living in Laois have no say on this subject as they have thrown away the right once they moved over the border into Mordor.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:41 am

I think we have to bring this up on Vincent Browne tonight on tv3 sort it out once and for all.

Any chance we can get back to the football?
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:02 am

WHO CARES?????????????? Sleep
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:21 am

this is so SAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:26 am

walsheman as a kevins man do you want to represent north or south kildare?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 Club Championship
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: