Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Round 4 Club Championship

Go down 
+26
kildarecat
hope
lomond
bloodsub
Come on the Boys in Blue
FearBan
walsheman
kickingking
Sam1928
centreback
steviegenius
kartman
Rex
tomcruise
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
Lily8
Fear An Geata
GaaHead
lilypremier
Kaiser Sóze
ElGuerrouj
Onhisboot
Loads of Pints
gaaweb
if_in_doubt
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:43 am

North West!!!
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:25 am

What happened ye against Suncroft walsheman? poor result! Ye are gonna have to rack up a fair score next week to have a chance of qualifying
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:30 am

Don't be talking about football.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:09 am

yeh dont ever talk about football on here,what were ya thinking!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong walsheman.

North west is north Kildare, just to the west of it?
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:49 pm

HAHA, this is brilliant....4 pages and we still can decide what is North and what is South. For my 2 cents..... I would say that anything:

Anything North of Clane is North Kildare, anything South of Nurney is South Kildare and everything inbetween is mid Kildare.

Also, Fionn.....no need to pick on Sallins (where Carbury would want to play), very harsh and bordering on bullying. I'll be reporting you....
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Jacksc10

North West you say walsheman .... mmmm .... ah jaysus I think I'm lost somewhere in Donadea forest.

How the hell did we ever manage to find places like Markievicz Park or Celtic Park before the invention of the Sat Nav given our inability to agree on the location of the towns in our own County ?
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Disappointing coverage of the championship in the nationalist and leader this week. poor reports,wrong names, wrong people managing clubs.the sport editors from both the leader and nationalist could do worse than buy a copy of the leinster express and see how to report and cover a match.
it covers each game in detail,it was structured had man of the match,turning point, had good full colour pictures from each and every game in laois from every grade from junior to senior.
the leader on its front page claimed it had 6 pages of championship action, the express had that on the senior championship alone.
the leader did however manage to supply a 16 page pull out for the ploughing next week.
the gaa reports and coverage in kildare is shockingly poor. and we put up with it. people should try buy papers from surrounding counties to see how it should be done.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Yeah i'd have to agree with you kaiser,poor enough from both this week.Loads of simple info was incorrect.Didnt do there homework at all.Reports didnt really reflect the games even in some,especially junior and intermediate.
That new paper that came out last year was excellent coverage of champinship,(cant think of name...kildare something....) think they went bust after,pity because they have coverage like you suggest is in the express,man of match,turning point etc.
The coverage both gave to kildare county teams this year was excellent,would like to see that effort go into club championship.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:29 am

theres a niche in the market out there for you kaiser and supersub start up a local sports paper charge €3 not too many would be buying the nationalist then ononly thing is it would only be a seasonal paper with very little going on some weeks
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:43 am

Anyone see the prices with Cill Dara Betting for this weekends games yet?

Surely they would be better off advertising these prices somewhere on the web to try generate a bit of interest
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:57 am

get lomand to put them here
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 4:23 am

centreback wrote:
get lomand to put them here

I really hope you're joking at this stage!!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 4:31 am

im sure they will be up by tomorrow,i might call into cill dara for a look
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:46 am

ElGuerrouj wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:
ElGuerrouj wrote:
I've avoided the Moorefield bashing in the past but how is it that the rest of the senior games are in neutral intermediate venues (generally in between the two clubs) but moorefield get to play in Newbridge?? Out of interest, can anyone remember the last time Moorefield were taken out of Newbridge? I'd say it doesn't happen too often

Ah now El Guerrouj there is no need for the Moorefield bashing. I'm sick of coming on here seeing people
belittle Moorefield.

In fairness though, St Conleths is neutral. Plus Moorefield and Carbury will attract a big crowd i'd imagine.

How do you think you'll do against Athy? Must win for both.

St Conleths is about as neutral for Moorefield as Croker is for the Dubs!! I can see that it would prob attract the biggest crowd so that's why it is there but that doesn't make it any fairer on Carbury. Moorefield play every champ game in Conleths and will be much more at home there than other other team (excl. maybe Sarsfields) and I'm sure Carbury would have wanted to get them out of there. My take on the meaning of a 'neutral' venue would be a ground somewhere in the middle of the two clubs participating where one has no notable advantage. If you look at the rest of the senior games, that holds up, but not for the moorefield game. Not that bothered cos obviously I amn't affected but just would be interested to hear the reasoning behind it (apart from big crowd)

Should be a close game against Athy alright, definitely could have been an easier draw. They bet us in the league but I'd be confident of turning the tables.

Speaking of Carbury, they have had rotten luck with the open draw system. They have drawn Celbridge, Larries and Moorefield in the group stages. If they qualify for the quarters with that kind of draw, all credit to them!!

May i remind the good member that this forum is for the purposes of KILDARE GAA ONLY , as i dont see what relevance the DUB'S has here , as i was so abruptly reminded Wink
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:26 am

anyone know what refs for weekend matches
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:03 am

Friday 17th September 2010
Tom Cross Junior Football Championship 2010 Rd 4 @ 8p.m

Ardclough v Cappagh @ Raheens John McLoughlin Note change of venue
Clogherinkoe v Castlemitchell @ Ellistown Tony Donnolly
Rheban v Two Mile House @ Ballykelly Dave Coady
Caragh v Grangenolvan @ Moorefield Tony Doyle
Rathcoffey v Robertstown @ Allenwood Declan Jacob

Saturday 18th September 2010
Joe Fox Plant & Tool Hire Intermediate Football Championship 2010 Rd 4 @ 2p.m.

Kill v Kilcullen @ Naas Des Bergin
Rathangan v Confey @ Sarsfields Sean Duane
Nurney v Raheens @ Athy Des Coyle
Monasterevin v Straffan @ St Conleths Brendan Hickey
Ballykelly v Ballymore @ Clane Paddy Moore
Milltown v JohnstownBridge @ St Kevins Alan Lagrue
Ballyteague v Eadestown @ Caragh Fergal Barry
Castledermot v Sallins @ Round Towers Nial Colgan

Saturday 18th September 2010
Senior Football Championship 2010 Rd 4 @ 5p.m.

Leixlip v Athy @ Raheens Brendan Cawley
St Laurences v Round Towers @ Kilcullen Mick Spencer
Allenwood v Celbridge @ Straffan Fergus Devereaux
Naas v Clane @ Ballymore Joe Dooley
Sarsfields v Maynooth @ Sallins Liam Herbert
Carbury v Moorefield @ St Conleths Laim Carthy
St Kevins v Ellistown @ Ballyteague Noel McKenna
Suncroft v Kilcock @ Two Mile House Dereck McLoughlinn

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:22 am

Paddy Power will have the SFC matches priced up online by tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:31 am

good man kickingking. You ring them up to check? I wonder do they take much money on it?

They were restricting bets last week anyway, going no more that 100/110 in most cases which would make me think they aren't taking much money on them or aren't too confident with their prices
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:36 am

ElGuerrouj wrote:
good man kickingking. You ring them up to check? I wonder do they take much money on it?

They were restricting bets last week anyway, going no more that 100/110 in most cases which would make me think they aren't taking much money on them or aren't too confident with their prices

Emailed.

They have to wait until they get confirmation in the papers as to the exact details of fixtures before they put them up I think. A lot of problems in recent years with the times of matches being changed late on and then people punting on them after finding out the result!

Hard to know how much they lay on the club matches. I'd say most lads would just be having a few speculative accums on club matches across the country. They'd be wary of lads having big single bets because of the likeliehood they would have inside knowledge on the team, injuries etc.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:56 am

lomand must be on holidays lads i might call into cill dara betting tomorrow and get the prices anyone know what time they open at?

just looking at that list of refs we aint blessed with great referees in this county, who here would be happy with the referee in there clubs match this weekend? i would be happy if i was from allenwood or celbridge devereaux aint too bad at all
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:07 am

does anyone else think it's a bit stupid to have a referee from say an intermediate club reffing in the intermediate championship?
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 am

centreback wrote:
lomand must be on holidays lads i might call into cill dara betting tomorrow and get the prices anyone know what time they open at?

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not centreback, but just in case.....for I think the 4th time...... lomand is not the guy who works in cill dara betting!! His forum name was fioend and he has not appeared on this forum at all!
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:17 am

bloodsub wrote:
does anyone else think it's a bit stupid to have a referee from say an intermediate club reffing in the intermediate championship?

No!
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:25 am

centreback wrote:

just looking at that list of refs we aint blessed with great referees in this county, who here would be happy with the referee in there clubs match this weekend? i would be happy if i was from allenwood or celbridge devereaux aint too bad at all

Devereaux is good alright,lian carty whos doing the carbury moorefield game is as good of ref as ive seen,could eat my words but been excellent everytime ive seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 4 Club Championship   Round 4 Club Championship - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 4 Club Championship
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next