Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intermediate Quarter Final Draw

Go down 
+14
Lily8
Oneill
kickingking
bloodsub
walsheman
Fear An Geata
centreback
steviegenius
tomcruise
Cluabú
bag of white
Jimmy winning matches
lomond
mrblobby
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Empty
PostSubject: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:15 am

Relegation Semi Finals

Ballykelly vs Rathangan
Nurney vs Milltown

Quarter Final Draw

Ballyteague vs Kill
Confey vs Monasterevin
Johnstownbridge vs Straffan
Ballymore vs Eadstown
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:24 am

Cheers, some interesting ties there
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:23 am

Quarter Final Draw

Ballyteague vs Kill raheens saturday 3pm

Confey vs Monasterevin moorefield saturday 5pm

Johnstownbridge vs Straffan conneff park sunday 5pm

Ballymore vs Eadstown kilcullen sunday 5pm
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Are the lads playing hurling for Ardclough and football for kill supposed in 2 places at the same time???
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:00 pm

lomond wrote:
Are the lads playing hurling for Ardclough and football for kill supposed in 2 places at the same time???

Do many lads do that? Don't Ardclough and Kill each have hurling and football teams?
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:02 pm

there are 3 lads that do that, lads who played with ARDCLOUGH prior to the setting up of a kill team....

I am sure a few phone calls will need to be made to re arrange the games !!!
Back to top Go down
Cluabú
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Theres a few tricky ties here. Confey/Monesterevin and JTB/Straffan will be two crackers. Very little between these two sets from what i've seen. Top four against the bottom four!!! Who said it wasn't seeded!!!!

I can see some upsets here. I wonder what price you'd get on Kill, Eadestown, Straffan and Monesterevin to all win.

Realistically I predict the following as winners:

Ballyteague
Eadestown
Confey
Straffan
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:30 am

Cluabu

Straffan to beat JTB !!!!!!

I assume you are taking the p..s lol!
Back to top Go down
Cluabú
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:07 am

Maybe at a push. I suppose by the looks of their last two championship results you wouldn't think it. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't straffan beat them easily in the league. I know its league and all that but i think they're not without a chance.

I take it ur a JTB man so!

Confey Monst' will be the highlight of the round by a long way! Pity its in Moorefield though, deserves a better pitch like Clane or Naas or even the Co. ground
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:15 am

TC is a notorious Carbury man.. and frequently speaks about himself wanting either of
the O'Flahert's babies.He knows of course at the moment this is scientifically impossible and is still pumping his hard earned money into finding a solution.

Straffan could cause an upset, JTB year in year out seem to have a soft underbelly when it comes to knockout stages.

They have the big name players that would suggest the could compete at senior if they got there but in recent years when it came to the crunch they just couldnt cut it.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 am

I think JTB will beat Straffan with a bit to spare also Cluabu the new Moorefield pitch is well up there with the top pitches nothing wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Cluabú
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:10 am

I played on the pitch not so long ago and its not great. Plenty of better out there, in my view. It always seems to attract a gael force wind even on days you'd think to be calm.

Monestrevin and Confey are two fine footballing sides and i'd rather see them on a better pitch.

On JTB and Straffan, ur probably right but i'll hold out on my gut feeling.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:14 am

i agree cluabu and stevie the moorefield pitch wouldn`t be in the top 20 of the county always hated playing on it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:07 am

i agree cluabu also.. Moorefields new pitch is no where near any of the top pitches in the county.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 am

Cluabú wrote:
I played on the pitch not so long ago and its not great. Plenty of better out there, in my view. It always seems to attract a gael force wind even on days you'd think to be calm.

Monestrevin and Confey are two fine footballing sides and i'd rather see them on a better pitch.

On JTB and Straffan, ur probably right but i'll hold out on my gut feeling.

The Moorefield pitch has improved immeasurably with the development work they carried out a few years back. However, you are right about the wind factor. It is exposed to the wind coming off the Curragh and as you say even on calm days it can feel like there is a hurricane blowing.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:20 am

Cluabú wrote:
Maybe at a push. I suppose by the looks of their last two championship results you wouldn't think it. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't straffan beat them easily in the league. I know its league and all that but i think they're not without a chance.

I take it ur a JTB man so!

Confey Monst' will be the highlight of the round by a long way! Pity its in Moorefield though, deserves a better pitch like Clane or Naas or even the Co. ground
seen JTB play,there certainly beat-able!!!!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:21 am

fionnmccool wrote:
i agree cluabu also.. Moorefields new pitch is no where near any of the top pitches in the county.
so why are they getting so many games....gotten alot of championship games along with a B and C final aswell!!!
Back to top Go down
Cluabú
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:27 am

Walsheman, surely you've played there over the years. It's not the most enjoyable place to visit, even if you take out the factor that its moorefield that your usually going to play.

Serious cutting breeze and i know nothing can be done about the elements but i reckon theres better places to host intermediate quarter finals.

Remember walsheman you were in one yourself and i don't think you'd of liked the track to moorefield for your glamour tie back in 2008!!!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:29 am

yeh i agree,im not sayin its good,im sayin how are they getting the games,i dont like the pitch at all,wind is always there!!!
no theres alot more better pitches,than moores,just dont understand how there getting so many games!!
though jtb ans straffan be either celbridge or clane!!!
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:37 am

Did the larks not bother turning up against Eadestown as they had qualified already or where Eadestown the better side?
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:09 am

Was talking to a Ballyteague player recently and he said they were very lucky to beat Sallins the week before so I'd say Eadestown were just the better team. Eadestown have had some very good results in this championship, drawing with Monasterevin the previous week and the only game they lost they ran Confey to two points.

I'd agree with the views on the Moorefield pitch, surely Clane is a more suitable venue anyway. Speaking of shit pitches getting games, how does Towers even come into consideration for holding a championship match?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:54 am

it has a covered stand which is a huge plus, however the playing surface leaves a lot to be desired.

I imagine the stand needs to be paid for somehow and if the senior team are going poorly the need to be getting games?!
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:21 am

fionnmccool wrote:
JTB year in year out seem to have a soft underbelly when it comes to knockout stages.

We wouldn't have dreamt of saying that when the Donoghues were playing. Times have changed!
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:54 am

fionnmccool wrote:
it has a covered stand which is a huge plus, however the playing surface leaves a lot to be desired.

I imagine the stand needs to be paid for somehow and if the senior team are going poorly the need to be getting games?!

Wouldn't argue with that at all but I'm talking about the field which they are currently using while the work is done on their normal pitch.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:29 am

Heard that the Ballteague v Kill game may be moved to Sunday because of hurling on Saturday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Quarter Final Draw   Intermediate Quarter Final Draw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Quarter Final Draw
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next