Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sash Defeat Larries

Go down 
+2
Rex
Yellow Pearl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Sash Defeat Larries Empty
PostSubject: Sash Defeat Larries   Sash Defeat Larries Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:02 am

Great win for the Sash today, really stepped up to the mark and showed the Laeeirs up to be a very one dimensional team.
Wasnt a great game of football but who cares, the Sash are back in the final after a few years. Larries dicipline was a disgrace, how they got away with one sending off I'll never know. How they beat Moorefield last year, I'll never know either.
Alan Barry let himself down badly today and could have cost us. Thankfully the other lads dug deep.
Big county final coming up in 2 weeks. Theres a lot of people around the top of Newbridge getting very cocky again. Clowns that havent been seen or heard since last years final. Heres hoping Athy stuff the Moores tomorrow and setup a county final for the new ages cheers
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Sash Defeat Larries   Sash Defeat Larries Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:09 am

You been wanting to say that for a while haven't you. Wink

Thought they would win today, just had a feeling. Does wonders for my face the ball predictions.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sash Defeat Larries   Sash Defeat Larries Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Newbridgefan wrote:
Great win for the Sash today, really stepped up to the mark and showed the Laeeirs up to be a very one dimensional team.
Wasnt a great game of football but who cares, the Sash are back in the final after a few years. Larries dicipline was a disgrace, how they got away with one sending off I'll never know. How they beat Moorefield last year, I'll never know either.
Alan Barry let himself down badly today and could have cost us. Thankfully the other lads dug deep.
Big county final coming up in 2 weeks. Theres a lot of people around the top of Newbridge getting very cocky again. Clowns that havent been seen or heard since last years final. Heres hoping Athy stuff the Moores tomorrow and setup a county final for the new ages cheers
well done to sash they out smarted the larries on and off the field. another referee that needs to read rule book , how did did padraig o neill stay on pitch he should have got 2 yellows cards at least. great crowd there for saturday
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Sash Defeat Larries   Sash Defeat Larries Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Great result for the Sash. Personally didn't see that one coming at all. I thought Larries would beat them comfortably. Chalky really stood up yesterday when they needed him. If he can keep that up it is good news for the county team.

I hope Athy can cause another surprise today because an all-Newbridge final isn't that attractive for the rest of the county.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sash Defeat Larries   Sash Defeat Larries Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Good to see the Newbridge arrogance didn't go away anyhow
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sash Defeat Larries   Sash Defeat Larries Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Sarsfields well worth their win. They worked much harder and put the Larries under pressure from the work go. Larries had a bad day, did far too much messing with the ball and didn't kick enough into P. Fogarty. When they did get a goal opportunity to bring them back into it D. Lawler shot badly wide.

Ref gave Sash two frees in the first half that should have been the other way for overcarrying and when he was queried brought the ball up which made the frees very easy for Smith to score. He also missed a blatant pull on a Larries player at the other end. However, he appeared to get the sending offs right. I don't know what Alan Barry was thinking. He had won his free, got up and ran 10 yards to hit Dessie Lawler. Crazy stuff. I didn't see the Conor Tiernan incident as I was watching Chalky and P O'Neill getting booked for an incident that occured moments earlier but I think the linesman brought this to the refs attention. Then with a two man advantage a Larries sub (no. 27) comes on and gets deservedly sent off within a couple of mins for a ridiculous challenge.

Sarsfields deserved their win but are now without another couple of players for the final. Still the way they are playing I wouldn't bet against them.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sash Defeat Larries   Sash Defeat Larries Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:09 pm

no.27 for larries should get 6 months ban for what he did
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Sash Defeat Larries   Sash Defeat Larries Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:57 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Good to see the Newbridge arrogance didn't go away anyhow

Theres been plenty of South county arrogance flying about the place over the past 12 months Tommy. Football in Newbridge is very much alive. ONe swallow never made a Summer.
And if you don't like it........................LUMP IT!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Sash Defeat Larries   Sash Defeat Larries Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:32 am

Oh Christ, it's in two threads. You'd think Kildare was some sort of nation the way we talk about north and south. Time everyone realised that north, south, east, west, we are the laughing stock of a small island in the Atlantic. Here's an idea, we get over our petty patheticness, enjoy the county final, and try and come up with 15+15 All Ireland winners from one of the most populated counties in the land rather than the most ridiculous xenophobia!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sash Defeat Larries   Sash Defeat Larries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sash Defeat Larries
Page 1 of 1