Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Leader Player Ratings

Go down 
+4
bloodsub
TheBigFullForward
jim
The Oracle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

Leinster Leader Player Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:32 pm

Was reading the ratings for the Antrim match in the Leader (I know I should know better) and what the hell??

We hammered them scoring 1-17 and only conceding 11 points and (if I'm not mistaken) the highest rating was 7/10 with over half the team receiving 6/10 or less.

That was good performance, credit where credit is due.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:50 pm

I don't mind the ratings like when you think about it who rates the players.........lads that really know sweet F.A. about playing football. Some of the things that are written about football is utter crap, by mostly people who never kicked a ball in there lives. As a wise man once said the only thing they know about sport is they like it. I'd love if players could rate the Journalist on what they thought of the artical.........would that be fair, or would the journalists like it? mmmm I'm not so sure
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:58 pm

jim wrote:
As a wise man once said the only thing they know about sport is they like it. I'd love if players could rate the Journalist on what they thought of the artical.........would that be fair, or would the journalists like it? mmmm I'm not so sure

I don't think you would score too highly yourself with spelling like "artical"!!!

Would you prefer there was no coverage of our games? Should we tell the leader, nationalist and KFM not to bother anymore?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:20 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:
jim wrote:
As a wise man once said the only thing they know about sport is they like it. I'd love if players could rate the Journalist on what they thought of the artical.........would that be fair, or would the journalists like it? mmmm I'm not so sure

I don't think you would score too highly yourself with spelling like "artical"!!!

Would you prefer there was no coverage of our games? Should we tell the leader, nationalist and KFM not to bother anymore?

lol!
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:25 am

Haven't seen the ratings but I don't think too many of the players would have given themselves an 8/10 or higher rating after Sundays match. It was a decent performance, against a poor team, with a poor referee.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:30 am

Ratings were fair, it was not the greatest of games and for most of the first half we were poor.

I think we are very lucky in the coverage we get, we have the local papers devoting most of their sports section to Kildare GAA and then we have KFM covering all matches which would be the envy of most counties.
We have gotten so used where you never have to miss a a thing whether your at the match or not that it's second nature, there was a time you didn't get a result for hours or had to try and keep up using AERTEL which is useless.

Sometimes you have to give people their dues.

Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:58 am

Agree with alot of what you said Rex and having spoken to people at the game the ratings would seem about right. However on your last point about giving people 'their dues' we must also remember that the people who right and comment on Kildare in newspapers and on KFM are getting paid for it and have a duty to call it right
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:59 am

typo - meant to say 'write' not 'right'
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:19 pm

jj wrote:
Agree with alot of what you said Rex and having spoken to people at the game the ratings would seem about right. However on your last point about giving people 'their dues' we must also remember that the people who right and comment on Kildare in newspapers and on KFM are getting paid for it and have a duty to call it right

I would say the best they can do is call it as they see it - it's a game of opinions. If it wasn't, there'd be no forum. But obviously, sometimes, people just get it wrong!! But doesn't that apply to everyone, everywhere? (deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep)
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:02 am

Well Kieran McGeeney even said it wasn't the pretty to watch so I can't see man lads getting 10/10. It's the first league game on a cool Feb. afternoon. This time of year is about grinding out results and experimenting so rating don't mean all that much. Simple Win Lose or Draw that's what matters....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Leader Player Ratings   Leinster Leader Player Ratings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Leader Player Ratings
Page 1 of 1