Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team V Antrim

Go down 
+7
lilypremier
Cilldara_2000
Rex
kartman
centreback
gremlin
Oneill
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Oneill
Junior A
Junior A
Oneill

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:20 am

Well lads...only 5 days away now...

What does everyone think the team will be?

Will Geezer make wholesale changes or just put Dermot in (if fit enough) instead of Davy??

Is Keith Cribben fit enough to start?
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Junior A
Junior A

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:31 am

I don't think he'll make too many changes. He may not have Dermot either so he will have to improvise.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:30 pm

how we could do with kevin o`neill ow for midfield i imagine roly will partner flynn here.
here how i think the team will start

corley
mac mcgrillen kelly
flats flanagan bolton
roly flynn
jimmers doyle o`neill
ennis callaghan smith
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:20 am

I think Chalky will play midfield sat with flynn,thats where he played against offaly.
I'd say that was geezer showing a bit of foresight.

Wouldn't leave chalky on bench anyway.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:39 am

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/sport/Dermot-Earley-makes-himself-available.6383038.jp

Earley has made himself available for selection for the game,what a brave man!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:47 am

Absolute legend of a man. I'm sure his Dad would have wanted him play, but that is unbelievable bravery.

Not wanted to win a game as much for many a day but all for different reasons.

Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 4:45 am

That is remarkable. What a man.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 am

O my god. Thats some dedication.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Alan Smith is def out of the match.

We are really gonna be up against it now.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:10 pm

supersub why is Alan out? How long for?
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:30 pm

From the indo today

Kildare will definitely have to plan without is key forward Alan Smith, who damaged ankle ligaments in training on Tuesday night.

Anthony Rainbow has also been ruled out with an ankle injury, while Keith Cribbin has knee ligament damage. However, Padraig O'Neill should keep his place in the attack.
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:02 pm

What a decision by Dermot to make himself available, a true sign of the strength, character and heart that the man has for the jersey in such difficult circumstances!
As for the team itself it is hard to know what McGeeney will do but there can be no disputing that changes have to be made and some will be but that is due to injury rather than anything else.
For my tuppence worth this would be the team that I think will play but not the team that I would necessarily pick...
McCormack; MacLochlainn, Foley, McGrillen; O'Flaherthy, Flanagan, Chalky; Flynn, Earley; Jimmers, Paudie O'Neill, Roly; JD, Tomas O'Connor, Callaghan...Paudie will start because I think McGeeney will give him the chance to prove him wrong for taking O'Neill off against Louth, JD will be inside because of Smith's absence, O'Connor will start on the edge of the square because of his physical presence and his showing last day out when introduced and Chalky will be at wing-back because (a) he is not a full-back/corner-back (b) he is better going forward than defending (c) of Cribben's absence.
Personally I would prefer to see a few more changes with Roly's place under pressure because I don't feel that he brings enough to the team, but particularly considering that Antrim will be big and powerful around the middle third which might see McGeeney plump for Hugh Lynch/David Whyte at wing-forward (but ultimately as a third midfielder).
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:58 am

Apologies,forgot David Whyte is suspended so that rules him out of the equation for tomorrow evening!!
If only we had the likes of Rob Kelly and Mickey Conway available then things wouldn't be so bad Sad
Back to top Go down
Horsebox
Senior
Senior

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Team v Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:42 am

Realistic team that i would go with,

Shorty
kelly foley mcg
flats Flano Chalky
Flynn Dermot
Jimmers po'n leper
johnny o'connor e.flats
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Best of luck to the lads today!!!

'MIGHTY' performace needed!!!
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:49 am

Lets everyone really get behind the lads today and drive them on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team V Antrim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team V Antrim   Team V Antrim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team V Antrim
Page 1 of 1